KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » There should be more of ... and less of ...

There should be more of ... and less of ...
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

There should be more of ... and less of ...

... = professionals

aka which professions need more people, and which could do with fewer?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 03:30 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Going off of my biases, not necessarily what the free market demands:

Less academics--especially people with phD's who have them for the hell of it.

Fewer lawyers -- I have issue moreso with these shit for-profit schools popping up and pumping out unqualified J.Ds that saturate the market.

Far less (I'd encourage getting rid of these majors at public schools) people in Sociology, Psychology, Communications, English, Political Science, Classical Languages, etc.

More (in quality moreso quantity):

- Medical/biochemical researchers
- Computer Science People
- Electrical, Chemical, Biomedical Engineers (fewer Mechanical, Civil engineers)

(IDC about primary care but...)
Far More
- Primary care physicians, physician's assistants

- Innovative entrepreneurs, really

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 03:40 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
fewer Mechanical

Not sure if this should make me feel bad that you think there's too many people in my chosen profession... or good that you think I should have less competition...

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 04:21 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Less Leftists. They are just HORRIBLE People.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 05:47 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Not sure if this should make me feel bad that you think there's too many people in my chosen profession... or good that you think I should have less competition...
Just that mechanical engineering isn't as valuable as EE & CS. Same could be said for nuclear, aerospace.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 11:16 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

People whose jobs are diversity. Like "Vice President of diversity" or some shit for a company. We need less of those. Or none at all. Since it very rarely means intellectual diversity.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 11:33 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Haha, get a job kids

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 11:55 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Less outrage over people who have different opinions...

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 12:27 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Surtur
People whose jobs are diversity. Like "Vice President of diversity" or some shit for a company. We need less of those. Or none at all. Since it very rarely means intellectual diversity.

Agreed all the social justice warrior jobs like "vice president of diversity" or "professor of gender studies" or "professor of ethnic studies" or "queer studies professor" or "lesbian dance theory professor"

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 12:53 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agreed all the social justice warrior jobs like "vice president of diversity" or "professor of gender studies" or "professor of ethnic studies" or "queer studies professor" or "lesbian dance theory professor"

And whenever a leftist says a place isn't "diverse" enough what they really mean is: there are too many white people.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 12:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah, and one point that really betrayed that was when there was some photo shoot or something with exclusively black women, and it was referred to as "diverse" like no that's the opposite of diversity.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 12:57 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, and one point that really betrayed that was when there was some photo shoot or something with exclusively black women, and it was referred to as "diverse" like no that's the opposite of diversity.

It's just thinly veiled racism.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 01:06 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Haha, get a job kids
I have an administrative job in an EMS department. Am I qualified to give my opinion now? What about you? You seem to get easily triggered by these pro STEM threads; perhaps you are insecure about your math/problem-solving abilities?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 01:28 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have an administrative job in an EMS department. Am I qualified to give my opinion now? What about you? You seem to get easily triggered by these pro STEM threads; perhaps you are insecure about your math/problem-solving abilities?

Plus remember: no point in getting a job. Bernie is gonna give everyone a job. Plus minimum wage of $15, plus the same health plan government officials have!

What could go wrong?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 01:44 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Plus remember: no point in getting a job. Bernie is gonna give everyone a job. Plus minimum wage of $15, plus the same health plan government officials have!

What could go wrong?
You can't work anyway because of your bowels or autism or whatever else is wrong with you. Can you?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 02:10 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I have an administrative job in an EMS department. Am I qualified to give my opinion now?

What do you do?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 03:33 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Definitely less lawyers. I mean look at congress and those in high level of power in our government, most of these assholes have a law degree or some kind.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 03:36 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NewGuy01
What do you do?
HR, Public Outreach

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 04:10 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

And whenever a leftist says a place isn't "diverse" enough what they really mean is: there are too many white people.

^ Oh dear. His Whiteness is being threatened again. Fragile.

There's been a legit study on it, Trumpers are the largest offenders of the identity politics crisis that's plaguing the US today.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 04:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Haha, get a job kids

#wisdomfortheages

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 04:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote