KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Asajj Ventress vs. Kit Fisto

Asajj Ventress vs. Kit Fisto
Started by: xPRIMEx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MythLord
Diamond

Asajj wins.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 05:56 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The quote isnt too surprising given Fisto was on the Jedi Council when the Jedi were at the height of their power.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 05:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

I don’t see anything that indicates Ventress’ victory in The Cestus Deception was luck, and not a genuine victory. They were at least fighting fairly evenly before her kick, but she scored a lot of hits on him without being struck once.

Granted they both have a lot of time afterwards before their prime, but she seems to improve more than he does, as far as we’ve seen. So Ventress, imho.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

In Legends yeah Ventress is better.

In Canon its harder to say. They both performed really well against Grievous. Aside from that, Ventress was =/> Luminara, but Kenobi seemed to always take it easy on her.

However Fisto is accolades as one of the better Council Members. One of the B Team and all.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 09:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The.D0minator
Restricted

Account Restricted

equal in legends tbf

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 09:46 PM
Click here to Send The.D0minator a Private Message Find more posts by The.D0minator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I mean Ventress did soundly beat him in Cestus Deception.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 11:04 AM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

I'd love to see that list lol. I mean the Jedi Order is some 20,000 years old. Being in the top 20 Jedi of all time means you are on average a once is 1000 years kind of fighter. More PT hype.

The North Remembers

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 01:56 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

In canon, Fisto's skills were touted as "unparalleled" by Windu.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 10:52 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
In the same issue, Mace also stated that Kit's skills with a lightsaber were "unrivaled":
https://i.imgur.com/2TgMv7L.jpg

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 12:33 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

tbf fisto was injured vs ventress

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 03:59 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Given the increasing recognition towards the whole "surprise attack" and "mental confounding" aspects of Palpatine's fight with the Jedi Masters, Kit Fisto lasting as long as he did is a pretty good feat.

Nevertheless, Ventress takes this, especially in Legends.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 06:24 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

Originally posted by JKBart
Fisto wins more times than not.

People have this weird thinking that when X defeats Y without some ridiculous circumstances it's suddenly X >>>> Y. Fights are random, one random move, one random placement means someone inferior can defeat his superior. You have Maul defeating Qui-Gon in 95% of situations, Maul being obviously superior by every possible account, but Qui-Gon can win these 5 out of 100 fights.

This is how I see Fisto vs. Ventress. Besides their fight, which was by the way also random, Fisto is superior in accolades, historic placement, feats, Force power, speed.

Agreed and you forgot that Fisto was injured in their fight.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 07:49 AM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by SunRazer
Given the increasing recognition towards the whole "surprise attack" and "mental confounding" aspects of Palpatine's fight with the Jedi Masters, Kit Fisto lasting as long as he did is a pretty good

Yeah To be fair Fisto didnt exactly get blitzed.

Just beaten very quickly.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 04:54 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

if ventress can defeat both ahsoka and llumanati, then she can beat kit fisto

Old Post May 1st, 2018 05:02 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Writers show power levels via fights. Barring the use of circumstances, a fight issued to show the capabilities of the fighters. Fisto's accolades(none of which iventress is eligible for as a darksider) are pointless if Ventress is shown to be better directly in combat.

Furthermore, as of season 3, we see ventress showing superiority to TCW Kenobi who was clowning her as of the tcw novel. Kenobi seems to have surpassed her during her self imposed exile, but that kind of growth would suggest Ventress was vastly pre prime when she faced fisto. This is upported by her being like ten years younger. As of Dark Desciple, the notion of her being sub fisto is nonsense.

Another example of how quickly she grows can be seen with her ability to match Oppress in season 4(oppress's upperhand is explicitly linked to unfavorable circumstances with them being at a "stalemate" otherwise.) This is right before Oppress defeats Koon who, aside from outperforming Fisto vs a superior version of ventress (under identical circumstances), was able to fight evenly with Ventress post cestus deception.

Aside from beating fisto, Ventress was younger and showcased a far faster growth rate. It stands to reason that as of their primes, Ventress would be superior.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on May 2nd, 2018 at 03:55 AM

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 03:51 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prekzursil

youtube.com/watch?v=iLvD5_IY30s

Old Post May 9th, 2018 06:48 PM
Click here to Send Prekzursil a Private Message Find more posts by Prekzursil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Bump.

This would be a good fight.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2020 09:23 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote