KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » IW Thor vs Superman

IW Thor vs Superman
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (69): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Thor's stock shot up big time after IW, but I don't think it puts him beyond the likes of Superman just yet. With Stormbreaker though, I could see him winning. Superman's speed is more of a counter-balance to Thor's massive AOE than it is a pure advantage, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 08:09 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
$on OF krypton

supes still beats him badly UNLESS he proves he is AS FAST AS FLASH then he has a CHANCE... only a chance.

-DAXAMITE PRIME".

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 10:29 AM
$on OF krypton is currently offline Click here to Send $on OF krypton a Private Message Find more posts by $on OF krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Does electricity have an effect on Supes?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 10:50 AM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm gonna comment anyway because f*ck you that's why!!!!

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 10:52 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggerman
I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm gonna comment anyway because I'm the juggerman b!tch that's why!!!!

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 10:57 AM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Okay?

And you're transferring comic Superman's feats to the movie version. I wouldn't be shocked if he was able to, but there is no indication that he can withstand the full force of a Sun's core, much less be amped by it. Maybe he could. He has never faced something quite as powerful as the nuclear furnace of a Star's core. Based on the available evidence, it'd be easier to argue he couldn't rather than could. I would've said Thor shouldn't have a chance in hell either but here we are, so I'm not completely against it. As it stands, purely on durability feats, Superman could blast Thor with heat vision and it should be as useless as Iron Man's repulsors.

Bleeding Edge Iron Man is an entirely different level from previous armors. If I made a list of what has stunned or even temporarily knocked out Superman, it would be a lot less than BE Stark. So I don't see how mentioning Iron Man is even relevant as he was completely insignificant compared to Thor's damage.

I dk what you're referring to by the Gamora stuff. She did nothing and tried stabbing herself. Maybe I missed it.

I'm not understanding your argument here. Are you saying Superman would tank Stormbreaker or??? Based on the current available evidence, if he gets hit, game over.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 03:45 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Speed and Strength favor Superman. Durability? Thor has impressive feats as does Superman. Thor is more versatile as he is a better fighter and has weapons that AMP. Thor without Weapons gets stomped. Thor with his weapons has a shot but probably loses as he still would be a Statue to Superman and so would the hammer/axe if thrown.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 03:53 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Thor got a huge upgrade and was the most impressive hero in the film with Strange and Iron Man.

Very impressed.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 03:58 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

I was also impressed by Scarlet Witch

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 04:01 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Superman due to the ridiculous speed advantage. Without the speed Thor wins thanks to Stormbreaker. With equalized speed and no weapons I'm not sure who'd I'd favor. Their strength and durability are too close now.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:04 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Didn't the nuke KO him? I think he woulda died if he hadn't come into contact with the sun light, I can't remember it exactly I really don't wanna rewatch BvS

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:34 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Superman has a big edge in strength and speed but that Thor durability and stormbreaker.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:41 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
$on OF krypton

I've said it before i'll say it again >if thor takes on flash and comes out tops then he stands only a chance. If not, i dont see thor win against supes who matches flashes combat speed(even WW who is an insane combatant was a statue in midair).

-DAXAMITE PRIME".

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:53 PM
$on OF krypton is currently offline Click here to Send $on OF krypton a Private Message Find more posts by $on OF krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by steverules_2

Dammit. Shoulda done it your way thumb up

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 09:36 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The Russos get the powerscale of these heroes.

Whedon Just danced around Thor in AOU.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I said then he should Solo Ultron after Ultron kicks everyones butt. People called me a fanboy and said that would make for a poor film erm

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 11:41 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

If Thor caught Superman with a clean lightning infused hammer shot to the jaw while he tried his typical bullrush tactic, I wouldn't be surprised if it flash ko'd him tbh. Stormbreaker tips the scale in this fight.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 11:49 PM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

He tanked the heat of a star
Clark can’t hurt him

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 11:57 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Yes he tanked the heat. Read what you wrote? The heat of a Star! He almost died while doing so if SB wasn’t given to him.

Clark while depowered survived and over powered the World engine. Fast enough to escape the pull of a singularly.

Thor stock went up, but those feats were MOS Clark.

Now Clark also has his new found speed, and freeze breath for Thor to contend with.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 12:04 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

^Carthage
Of course he can don't be silly. Taking the heat of the star taxed him to the point of the death, still a great durability feat though.

Last edited by The Sorrow on Apr 30th, 2018 at 12:09 AM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 12:05 AM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Impediment
Superman has speed equivalent to the Flash.

Win via speed blitz and flying.

Sorry Impediment but i disagree...Speed is irrelevant when you can't harm the dude...

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 01:07 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote