KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » IW Thor vs Superman

IW Thor vs Superman
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (69): « First ... « 52 53 [54] 55 56 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
If you didn't believe it then I stand corrected. "us" isn't correct.

I doubt even you truly believed it, this was just another way for you to try and low-ball a side you did not support.

Your constantly changing standards for what you consider evidence isn't fooling anyone. For once in your life, just be honest and admit it.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2018 05:44 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

H1 is setting a new low in humiliation.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2018 02:41 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

eek! ^^ @quan. see who's talking about humiliation...abject, pitiful laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 1st, 2018 03:47 PM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by The Spectre+
eek! ^^ @quan. see who's talking about humiliation...abject, pitiful laughing out loud
Your mother likes it when I humiliate her.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 01:17 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 11:33 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.SunKing

Originally posted by Nevan
You do realize that such heat only lasts an insignificant fraction of a second, right?

And that a Star has significantly higher mass, so even if the temperature is lower, the total heat is higher.

And that Superman was turned into what may as well be a mummy.

Haven't posted on this site in a long time. Might be a little late to the party, but in an interview Snyder mentioned that the BvS nuke scene was taken from "The Dark Knight Returns" in which Superman's body was dried out due to the radiation after being hit by a nuke. Considering that prior the fight he was still under the effects of the kryptonite poisoning (hence his cheek cut) his body desperately grasped for the most available source of radiation (since kryptonian cells absorb radiation) In an earlier scene it was revealed what happens to kryptonian cells under a microscope when exposed to kryptonite. The mineral immediately drives the solar radiation from the body, and degrades the cells. In addition since kryptonian cells act like sponges, they take in the green kryptonite radiation.

Main concerns of a nuke:
Blast wave
Heat
Radiation
In regards to Supes main problem
Couldn't be the blast wave (body still in tact)
Couldn't be the heat. For one his skin has no visible burns, and his suit is fine
Therefore, it has to be the radiation. Solar reserves are depleted so the body absorbed the radiation from the most available source (nuke) since the sun was blocked out thus poising him almost like a cancer.
Hence why his body appeared mummified.
When he returns to full strength his scar is healed
So with that being said, I don't think the heat was the problem at all.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 04:14 PM
Mr.SunKing is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.SunKing a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.SunKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thor wins. Easily.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 04:17 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Mr.SunKing
Considering that prior the fight he was still under the effects of the kryptonite poisoning (hence his cheek cut)

Hmm I forgot about the cheek cut. That might put Supermans durability stock up again.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 08:08 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Hmm I forgot about the cheek cut. That might put Supermans durability stock up again.
Durability is in sections. Blunt force durability, heat durability, cutting or piercing durability, etc.

Superman’s blunt force durability is hard to match.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 09:06 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Whats his best hard blunt durability feat?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 09:38 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Reminder that Superman was stabbed and killed by a non Kryptonite weapon. A bone spear was able to pierce Superman no problem.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 10:01 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Inhuman
Reminder that Superman was stabbed and killed by a non Kryptonite weapon. A bone spear was able to pierce Superman no problem.
http://dcextendeduniverse.wikia.com...ryptonite_spear

Unless you were talking about some other spear that killed Superman? I don't recall.

Superman stomps btw.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 10:13 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

You mean while he was holding a giant kryptonite spear?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 10:19 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Yeah the spear played a huge part in his death...as well as the impaling

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 10:21 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by NemeBro
http://dcextendeduniverse.wikia.com...ryptonite_spear

Unless you were talking about some other spear that killed Superman? I don't recall.

Superman stomps btw.
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
You mean while he was holding a giant kryptonite spear?
Originally posted by steverules_2
Yeah the spear played a huge part in his death...as well as the impaling

Expected responses smile

The K-nite spear didn't kill Superman. The Bone spear from Doomsday did.

Anyhow, yes Superman was weakened by being close to the spear.
He wasn't severely weakened though. Superman was severely weakened in the Batman fight. Where Superman couldn't even defend himself against Batman. Let alone use any of his powers.

In the Doomsday death scene. Superman was weakened but not to the point he wasn't strong or couldn't use his powers. As shown when he was flying at super speed towards Doomsday to stab him. Also having enough super strength to lodge the spear into DD's chest and then later using even more super strength to loge it even more into DD. Durable enough to be right in the middle of all that fuqing retarded Doomsday lightning as well. So yes he was weakened BUT still had his powers for the most part.

Last edited by Inhuman on Aug 15th, 2018 at 10:41 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 10:31 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Expected responses smile

The K-nite spear didn't kill Superman. The Bone spear from Doomsday did.

Anyhow, yes Superman was weakened by being close to the spear. He wasn't severely weakened though. Superman was severely weakened in the Batman fight. Were Superman couldnt even defend himself against Batman. Let alone use any of his powers.

In the Doomsday death scene. Superman was weakened but not to the point he wasn't strong or couldn't use his powers. As shown when he was flying at super speed towards Doomsday to stab him. Also having enough super strength to lodge the spear into DD's chest and then later using even more super strength to loge it even more into DD. Durable enough to be right in the middle of all that fuqing DD lightning as well. So yes he was weakened BUT still had his powers for the most part.
"Yes he was weakened but I'm still going to try to use this to lowball Superman." thumb up

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 10:36 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Im not in the camp that thinks movie Superman cant be hurt by anything besides K-nite. I dont buy that adamatium only can penetrate adamantium thinking applied to Supes.

Originally posted by NemeBro
"Yes he was weakened but I'm still going to try to use this to lowball Superman." thumb up

He still had and was actively using his powers. Weakened yes, but not comatose and on his death bed like people like to remember.

Last edited by Inhuman on Aug 15th, 2018 at 10:44 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 10:37 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Clark can’t hurt him

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 10:44 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Hmm.. So doesnt look good for Supes when Thor can impale him with a magically powered indestructible axe. Backed by Base Hulk level strength.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 10:58 PM
quanchi112
Disney

thumb up

He went down quite easily as well. Thanos took his impaling like a man.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 11:02 PM