KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » IW Thor vs Superman

IW Thor vs Superman
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (69): « First ... « 58 59 [60] 61 62 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
emporerpants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
I see you calling out people that say Thor will use the lightning cloak right away, but I've not see you say anything to the people claiming Superman will go directly into super-speed mode.

If I'm wrong, feel free to point out where you called people out for that argument.

Why is it on me to do that? But if it helps, yes, I agree with you that Supes won't do super speed all the time. And yes, acting like he would is silly.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 09:14 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by emporerpants
Why is it on me to do that? But if it helps, yes, I agree with you that Supes won't do super speed all the time. And yes, acting like he would is silly.

The same reason you called out the Thor side of the argument, unless of course you're saying it's ok when the Superman side does it.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 09:17 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Of course its not ok when either side does it. I would have thought, however, that my saying that Supes doesnt use super speed all the time and straight up disagreeing with them was enough, but go abead keep holding me to the hypocrisy of others that i never agreed with.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 09:38 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Also, still waiting for you to clarify how we handle Thors feat.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 09:39 PM
Silent Master

Of course its not ok when either side does it. I would have thought, however, that my saying that Supes doesnt use super speed all the time and straight up disagreeing with them was enough, but go abead keep holding me to the hypocrisy of others that i never agreed with.

If it's not ok when either side does it, why did you only call out one side?

Also, still waiting for you to clarify how we handle Thors feat.

Same way we handle Superman's feats.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 09:48 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

So nothing short of a nuke hurts supes since we saw him take that? Cool. Thor's lightning cloak didn't seem to have the same level of strength as a nuke, so I guess the lighting has no effect, going by that logic. Happy Dance

BTW, you still haven't quoted where I made this argument.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 09:53 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by FrothByte
The crazy thing is that these people who try to lowball Thor's neutron star feat are usually the same people who claim Superman is strong enough to move tectonic plates...

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
This is exactly what people would be arguing for Superman if the roles were reversed.

10000% they would be.

Just imagine h1s calculations if was Superman who had the neutron star feat.

Hed be claiming Superman has the strength to push 50 Earth sized planets together or some shit.

But because its not Superman he claims the guy who did the feat cant even take aircraft bullets laughing

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 09:57 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Just imagine h1s calculations if was Superman who had the neutron star feat.

Hed be claiming Superman has the strength to push 50 Earth sized planets together or some shit.

But because its not Superman he claims the guy who did the feat cant even take aircraft bullets laughing

H1 has actually claimed that a 60mph car crash hits with 1.78 times the force of a neutron star.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 10:07 PM
Nevan

I also find it ironic that people say it's unlikely that Supes will superspeed right away but Thor will immediately lighting cloak endlessly right from the word go. Also, Supes can hit Thor ALOT more than 3 times in superspeed before Thor can react. Remember, in Thor 3 Hulk one shot him when he was defenseless. If Supes goes super speed Thor will be just as defenseless.

Hulk is far stronger than Superman by feats, so that comparision doesn't favor Superman, moving Surtur at all outclasses ALL of Superman's strength feats that I can remember.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 11:05 PM
Nevan is currently offline Click here to Send Nevan a Private Message Find more posts by Nevan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

What does this post imply then? Should we average out the feat, treat it as an outlier, or make it the new standard? Tell me EXACTLY what you think about it then.

Silent is the biggest troll here.
He didn't even address what his opinion on the matter should be.

He just here to troll people arguments without actually debating the thread.

It's clear he is pro Marvel, and pro Thorbag.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 11:41 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Nevan
Hulk is far stronger than Superman by feats, so that comparision doesn't favor Superman, moving Surtur at all outclasses ALL of Superman's strength feats that I can remember.
Superman is at least multiple times stronger than Hulk by feats.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 11:42 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
Silent is the biggest troll here.
He didn't even address what his opinion on the matter should be.

He just here to troll people arguments without actually debating the thread.

It's clear he is pro Marvel, and pro Thorbag.

Let's test your theory by comparing troll posts. here are some examples where you trolled.

Peak Pressure = Peak Force /Area of tip
> 221 tons/ (pi x (0.001m)^2]
= 313 million tons per square inch

So give me feats where Thor was shown to withstand pressures on his body above 313 millions tons per square inch.

Star was probably around less than 100 feet in diameter.

The feats doesn't matter.

I believe a steel door would stop Mjolnir from returning on the first attempt.

Superman sliced a steel I beam in half with a swipe of his HV.
You need a heat energy comparable to a star to be able to melt steel of that size to that degree that fast.

Your turn.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 11:44 PM
Nevan

Superman is at least multiple times stronger than Hulk by feats.

Post a single feat of strength of Superman that outclasses moving Surtur.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 11:52 PM
Nevan is currently offline Click here to Send Nevan a Private Message Find more posts by Nevan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

That feat has problems. All other hits had 0 effect. Why? What was different? The fact that Hulk was falling was the difference, which means that it's possible due to Hulk's downward momentum.

Also the other problem is Surtur's apparent size when Hulk struck him.

The fact that all other hits did nothing makes it a non feat.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 11:55 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
Let's test your theory by comparing troll posts. here are some examples where you trolled.

Your turn.

Absolutely none of those posts is trolling.
You don't know what trolling means do you?
And you posting me out of context is also a troll move too. Just truncate part of the post where it changes the meaning.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 11:58 PM
h1a8

And what's your view on forum characters? Does a single best feat determine the level of their forum counterpart or only average showings (outliers having little to no weight)?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 12:00 AM
Silent Master

Absolutely none of those posts is trolling.
You don't know what trolling means do you?
And you posting me out of context is also a troll move too. Just truncate part of the post where it changes the meaning.

By all means, explain what context I supposedly edited out of those posts and explain how it changed the meaning of what I posted.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 12:09 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Hulk is the physically strongest hero in all cinematic universes to date. I concur Hulk is stronger than Superman.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 03:15 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

That feat has problems.

LMAO

IOW You dont like the feat.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 06:35 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nevan

That feat has problems. All other hits had 0 effect. Why? What was different? The fact that Hulk was falling was the difference, which means that it's possible due to Hulk's downward momentum.

Also the other problem is Surtur's apparent size when Hulk struck him.

The fact that all other hits did nothing makes it a non feat.

It's a full leaping blow vs a normal punch, of course it's stronger, but that won't make it thousands of times stronger than normal and Hulk had to provide the force of the jump with his legs so all the added force also comes from him.

It's however 100% a durability feat regardless of how much strength you think it took since Hulk didn't have his entire body shattered to pieces upon impact.

Something very relevant considering Thor was dazing him with singular lightning punches.

It's like Superman doing a bullrush vs a punch, one is stronger than the other, but it's not by orders of magnitude and it's a durability feat regardless.

It's also a very hypocritical things to ask since Superman doesn't send everyone kilometers away everytime he punches.

Last edited by Nevan on Sep 19th, 2018 at 11:33 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 11:26 AM