KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » PUBG: Why is it so popular?

PUBG: Why is it so popular?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

PUBG: Why is it so popular?

It's already nearly surpassing Skyrim sales, a game that has been selling since 2011 and is widely regarded as one of the best and most popular RPG's of all time.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:05 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I don't even play it that one myself

i've been playing Forrnite and that one is same style gameplay and its free.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 07:36 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

Only have played in on Mobile but watched the gameplays on the youtube.

Anyway, I think it so popular because the game mode. Besides, the game mode of the game is way to popular and i heard the rumour that every shooters will get the game mode of the game.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 11:06 AM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

There is no specific reason. It (and Fortnite) are lightning in a bottle. At best you can explain Fortnite with the idea that its a f2p version of PubG, making it more accessible.

Beyond that no one knows, if they did they'd have a game with the same qualities raking in the money.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 11:06 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Least Fortnite is free. Pubg is pretty expensive on Steam.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 12:03 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

It's damn fun with a squad of friends, and a simple/even playing field in theory. No one spawns in with better weapons and attachments so it's accessible for anyone. Those are the main reasons I think.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:35 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

But for it to be so popular so quickly as to nearly outsell ****ing SKYRIM in less then a year?...

Including all re-releases, special editions of Skyrim, whereas PUBG is only available on steam...

Jesus man.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 06:24 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

That probably says more about Steams community.

I'd bet more people played Skyrim on consoles.

Skyrim isn't Minecraft. I'd bet games like Realm of the Mad God are in more Steam profiles then Skyrim.

Diablo 3 is probably a bigger PC niche.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 06:30 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I take it back, it's catching up to Super Brick Nation the way it's going.

So I dunno. Must be some reason people are buying it.

Maybe there's some way of gaming the system? Everyone knows the belief that "everyones doing it" leads to everyone doing it, so can imagine someone, somewhere, figured out how to sell the lie until it became truth.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 09:20 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's something new-ish.

It's not really hard to guess. The same reason why COD4 was so popular and the Battlefield series when it first was released.

And DOTA games, MMRPG's, Counter Strike....it's a new MP mode.

And it's not expensive...its like 30 bucks.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 09:36 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
It's something new-ish.

It's not really hard to guess. The same reason why COD4 was so popular and the Battlefield series when it first was released.

Wasn't that long ago, sites were calling for a pass on indy games over 7 dollars. Like Gunpoint, or The Swapper.

"Wait for a sale", they'd say.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 09:46 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I dunno. I've never really gotten the appeal of games like this and Fortnight. I tried Fortnight and just didn't get it at all. Wasn't for me. Haven't played pubg and don't plan to.

Will be interesting to see what happens to these two games when other big hitters come out doing more or less the same thing, but probably with tighter gunplay and better graphics. Both the next Call of Duty and Battlefield games are probably going to have modes like this.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 09:55 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I agree.

I have PUBG but I never got into it. I can see the appeal and it's probably the most intense multiplayer experiences I have ever played but there is a lot of dead time and the action is way to explosive to get into it.

In PUBG, you spend 15 minutes walking towards a blue circle and you never see anybody. You jump into a building to scrounge for shit and then get ****ed by a shotgun wielding player hiding in the bathroom. It's so explosive and the tension is so high that you jump back when you die. But....it's annoying because you didn't do anything for 15 minutes and you just walk. That part is not really fun.

However, I will say that you will remember most of your kills because they do become very memorable. I remember getting into a vehicle and driving away from the blue circle and running over a guy. It was pretty damn satisfying. I also remember stalking a dude and killing him with two shots in the head.

The game isn't like Battlfield (my fav online shooter) where you are constantly in battle, or doing something neat. It's a different experience.

It also doesn't help that the game is buggy as shit and the maps are way too ****ing big.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 11:54 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sounds good. For a shooter.

You want intense, you should check out Death Star Battle off of Subspace: Continuum

Don't let the 2d shmup graphics throw you (If you're into arcade games like me, that's a plus), the game is AWESOME.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 12:23 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

30 bucks isn't expensive?...bs it is so for people living outside of the U.S. having to deal with the exchange rate's.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 01:54 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

It's something new-ish.

Except NONE of the CoD games got anywhere close to Skyrim in sales.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 02:23 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Jmanghan

Where are you getting this information that PUBG outsold all of the versions of Skyrim?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 04:16 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Kazenji
30 bucks isn't expensive?...bs it is so for people living outside of the U.S. having to deal with the exchange rate's.

I'm not understanding your problem. They can't lower the price of the game in their biggest market because some people from a different country has to deal with exchange rates.

I'm not sure how this is their problem. They have no control on the exchange rates of different countries and it's ridiculous to suggest they lower the US price so it's more affordable for people in different countries.

It's 30 bucks, which is a good price for online only game and if Canada has to pay an extra 10 bucks for it....so be it....I chose to live in that country.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 04:21 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm not understanding your problem. They can't lower the price of the game in their biggest market because some people from a different country has to deal with exchange rates.

I'm not sure how this is their problem. They have no control on the exchange rates of different countries and it's ridiculous to suggest they lower the US price so it's more affordable for people in different countries.

It's 30 bucks, which is a good price for online only game and if Canada has to pay an extra 10 bucks for it....so be it....I chose to live in that country.

I don't think you're getting it

Might it be $30 in U.S. dollars but its not $30 when people outside of America buy, Price increase etc....hence why i said "exchange rate's."

and i'm talking about the Steam version here not the one that's been released on the console.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 04:36 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Because they get replaced within a year. And Cod MW 3 got really close on its own. Skyrim has sold 30 million since 2011. Cod as a franchise has sold around 160 million units since that time.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 05:19 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote