KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Baby Alfie

Baby Alfie
Started by: emporerpants

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
America has a first amendment that we guard jealously, the UK government oppresses people for their speech.

Precisely my point: Everyone has good, everyone has bad.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Ideally No. Realistically on the other hand....

If Mexico aint a "Shithole" then why didn't the "Immigrant Caravan" stop once they crossed the Southern Mexico Border?

Hmm?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 03:12 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Surtur
Makes NO sense. Why is UK now suddenly so damn concerned about Italy wasting resources?

Lol wait...the "resource" thing falls apart even more when you realize the UK expended its own resources to PREVENT this. Unless the cops they used to protect Alfie once Italy sent a helicopter to UK were just there for free?

If the UK is so worried about resources why are they spending resources to go after people for nazi dog jokes?

I didn't say the UK was at all concearned with Italy wasting resources, just that after them wasting their own they realized it was a lost cause, so it would be futile to try and do it.

Sure, it wouldn't be futile for the parents to try, but they aren't thinking straight on the issue.
Just noting the obvious I guess.

Yeah, but your argument is based on a man of power being emotionally compromised. That doesn't mean the UK made a mistake.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 05:46 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The Mexico shithole defense makes no damn sense. If these people are fleeing gangs and violence and Mexico isn't a shithole? It makes no sense for them not to stay there in the first SAFE non shithole country they come across.

So the "they are fleeing violence!" argument leftists try to use does not work unless you deem Mexico a shithole. Cuz if it's solely about fleeing violence...then the first non-shithole should be the goal.

If you're going to use the "Mexico is a shithole because people are fleeing to avoid the violence and to save their lives", fine, do that. Also makes your case for denying immigrants entry seem even more petty and cruel. Here are people trying to escape death for themselves and their children and you're against saving them. See?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 05:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by MythLord
I didn't say the UK was at all concearned with Italy wasting resources, just that after them wasting their own they realized it was a lost cause, so it would be futile to try and do it.

Sure, it wouldn't be futile for the parents to try, but they aren't thinking straight on the issue.

Yeah, but your argument is based on a man of power being emotionally compromised. That doesn't mean the UK made a mistake.

My argument is based on the idea that this is not a level of power and control over people's lives that we should hand over to a government.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 05:55 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Emperordmb
My argument is based on the idea that this is not a level of power and control over people's lives that we should hand over to a government.

And on that, I agree. The UK was too strict, and went too far with the defenses around Alfie. It definitely could've been handled better.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 06:01 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MythLord

If the treatment wouldn't cause the kid massive amounts of pain I do not see why the doctors should be able to take that choice away from the parents. I just don't get it. It won't ever make sense. Any true harm from this would seem to be to the parents, but they are adults and can make up their own minds.

I'd feel different if extreme pain would result from this treatment. If it's not going to cause that...even if it fails won't at least something still be learned? About perhaps Alfie's condition? Or about how helpful the new treatment might be in the future for others? At least then if Alfie passed away something would have come from his death.

quote:

They did make a mistake, but this wouldn't show that. It would just show they are hypocrites. What makes it a mistake is it seems the only risk was to the mental well being of the parents.

Hell I'd actually support the UK if the government was being expected to foot the bill for this treatment. I would support them not wanting to do it, but there was nothing for them to lose here.

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 06:17 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

If the treatment wouldn't cause the kid massive amounts of pain I do not see why the doctors should be able to take that choice away from the parents. I just don't get it. It won't ever make sense. Any true harm from this would seem to be to the parents, but they are adults and can make up their own minds.

Because the responsibility of the doctor is to the patient, not the parents.

Because the child deserves the full-protection of the law, independently of the wishes of the parents.

Because he is not property.

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 06:35 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

The Land of U.K gave this Child a DEATH SENTENCE.

Funny how Adam is FINE With That!

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 06:46 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Several people have been over this: the parents obviously aren't in the right state of mind. The baby isn't their property, and in this case as much as they wish the opposite to be true(and I don't blame them for that), the sad case is: the baby could not be saved.
Most of it's brain was either shut down or fluid. Modern medicine, unfortunately, cannot save him from that. Prolonging the baby's life would only prolongue the suffering of the baby/parents and give them false hope.

They did make a mistake, but this wouldn't show that. It would just show they are hypocrites. What makes it a mistake is it seems the only risk was to the mental well being of the parents.

Hell I'd actually support the UK if the government was being expected to foot the bill for this treatment. I would support them not wanting to do it, but there was nothing for them to lose here.

There was also nothing to be gained. I understand the moral outrage of the government trying to force itself too much into this situation, but I don't understand why their decision that the baby couldn't be saved and thus shouldn't get the treatment is bad.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 07:55 PM
Flyattractor

What did the Government do that it could claim more "Ownership" of the Child then its Actual Parents?

That just sees so "Hitler Youth" of the Land of U.K. Gov but then it is a Leftist Gov.

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 08:03 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Has anyone actually found out what exactly these Italian doctors were offering to do?

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 08:29 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BackFire
Has anyone actually found out what exactly these Italian doctors were offering to do?

I've been looking for that too as I'm curious.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 08:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by BackFire

Try to Save a Life?

Yeah I know.. Those Italians are horrible people.

eek!

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 05:53 AM