KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Donald Trump's brain drain

Donald Trump's brain drain
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I pretty much agree, with this post although I have seen "brain drain" applied to the loss of foreign academics post brexit vote in the UK, so I have no problem with Ellimists definition.

Well, it's how you look at it.

I guess the most accurate way to describe a "brain drain" is any condition wherein your country of origin suffers via the loss of qualified and intelligent individuals. Essentially, if it hurts us, it's bad (even if it's good for others).

Although I would always support be 100% supporting of my countrymen who leave their home to try and find a better life elsewhere. Even if it hurts our country to lose our intelligent/qualified individuals, they deserve to do to what is best for themselves and their families.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 07:55 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Well, it's how you look at it.

I guess the most accurate way to describe a "brain drain" is any condition wherein your country of origin suffers via the loss of qualified and intelligent individuals. Essentially, if it hurts us, it's bad (even if it's good for others).

Although I would always support be 100% supporting of my countrymen who leave their home to try and find a better life elsewhere. Even if it hurts our country to lose our intelligent/qualified individuals, they deserve to do to what is best for themselves and their families.
I don't disagree with that either, and often it helps the Country, I know Egyptians in KSA who make money here to finance businesses back there that they couldn't with a local wage. One man I know now owns a factory and haulage firm. So, yeah I pretty much totally agree.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 08:38 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ellimist has a good point, a lot of research done at Universities is done by foreign students, MIT and Caltech attract the most brilliant minds worldwide, like one of my own Universities Kings College, University of London. The research they do draws corporate funding and the patented work and papers which often belong to the University, and the funders lead to Industry making money, the University making money and often a nation, and sometimes several countries making money. Brexit will almost certainly have a similar effect on UK research (it already has) to Trump. The thing is in Europe the UK stands alone as a University powerhouse. So when the UK fails the foreign students may go to China, I see the Chinese doing well out of this.
How can he have a good point if he's just some inexperienced 'kid' as you say? He can't be trusted. He needs to be 45 years old with cracking joins and a beer belly before he can make good points.

Putinbot1 #exposed

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 09:28 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kurk
How can he have a good point if he's just some inexperienced 'kid' as you say? He can't be trusted. He needs to be 45 years old with cracking joins and a beer belly before he can make good points.

Putinbot1 #exposed
"cracking joins", no hope for you kid. Sorry, I ruined you.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 06:20 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Bet you have said that to quite a few "Boys" over the years...Aint ya Pooty!!!!!!!

Bet they weren't to pretty either....

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 06:24 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Bet you have said that to quite a few "Boys" over the years...Aint ya Pooty!!!!!!!

Bet they weren't to pretty either....

roll eyes (sarcastic)
Ahh, the other one I ruined, I was surprised how easy it was to wreck you Fly. smile

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 10:12 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

one time i triggered fly so hard that he forgot to make his text green.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 11:39 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh I'm sorry. I should've known better to proof-read my post. It was my mistake in assuming that simple-minded people like yourself can comprehend what was meant to be said without assistance. I guess this is why you're unemployable as well. Nobody wants to hire a person who can't think for themself.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 12:34 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
one time i triggered fly so hard that he forgot to make his text green.
haha, he and Kurk are at the following me around begging for attention stage. Ha, Fly even answered my welcome thread. I've so ruined them both.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 04:15 PM