KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Korean Peace Talks

Korean Peace Talks
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 11 12 [13]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mike brown

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Cool, so the talks continue? And NK is still on target to reconcile?

Also, what's this stupid shit I'm reading about Trump making NK legitimate? NK was already legitimate. So what are you fools going on about? "OH NO!!! TRUMP MADE NORTH KOREA A LEVEL 77 LEGITIMATE COUNTRY AND IT WAS PREVIOUSLY A LEVEL 76.9999!"
It's strange cause back in the "fire and fury" days it was Trump is antagonizing Kim.. now it's Trump is kissing his ass. I have to admit it's true there's no in between with Trump.. it's either love or hate. But I think a lot of the criticism over nk is overblown. Seems to me he's not doing any worse than any previous administration at reaching a solution... The worst thing he does is pretend they have made serious progress when they haven't.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2019 07:23 PM
mike brown is currently offline Click here to Send mike brown a Private Message Find more posts by mike brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Robtard >>> Every Trumper

N.K. may be preparing new missile testings, despite Trump's claims.

The Trump administration — which canceled two large-scale spring war games between the United States and South Korea in an effort to move along nuclear disarmament talks with North Korea - is now grappling with reports that Pyongyang is preparing to launch a missile soon. -snip

Bolton had been asked about new commercial satellite images taken Friday that show activity at a North Korean missile site near the border with China. Beyond Parallel, a project started by the Center for Strategic and International Security (CSIS), said North Korea "has continued preparations on the launch pad" at the Sohae launch facility, a sign the country is readying for "the delivery of a rocket." -snip

Is Kim Jong-un going to once again no longer be a "good leader" and "good guy who loves his people"? Will Trump fall out of "love"?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 06:30 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard

North Korea Conducts 2nd Missile Test In A Week

A week after similar tests, North Korea has again fired two short-range missiles into the waters that separate it from Japan, according to South Korea's military.

South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff announced that the missiles, which flew about 155 miles and reached an altitude of 18 miles, were launched about 20 minutes apart early Wednesday morning from the Kalma area near North Korea's Wonsan port, according to the Yonhap news agency.

South Korean officials believe the missiles launched last week were KN-23s, Pyongyang's version of a Russian short-range Iskander missile. The missiles in the latest test have yet to be identified, but appear to have flown a shorter distance.

An expert quoted by Reuters says the KN-23s are designed to evade missile defense systems by flying a "low-altitude gliding and leaping" pattern.

"Successive missile launches by North Korea are not conducive to efforts to reduce tensions on the Korean Peninsula and we call for a halt to these acts," the Joint Chiefs of Staff said in a statement.
-snip

Two more missile test within a week's time, this flies right in the face of Trump's claim that NK is no longer a threat, has destroyed its nuclear program and will not longer do missile tests.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2019 03:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard

A week after similar tests, North Korea has again fired two short-range missiles into the waters that separate it from Japan, according to South Korea's military.

South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff announced that the missiles, which flew about 155 miles and reached an altitude of 18 miles, were launched about 20 minutes apart early Wednesday morning from the Kalma area near North Korea's Wonsan port, according to the Yonhap news agency.

South Korean officials believe the missiles launched last week were KN-23s, Pyongyang's version of a Russian short-range Iskander missile. The missiles in the latest test have yet to be identified, but appear to have flown a shorter distance.

An expert quoted by Reuters says the KN-23s are designed to evade missile defense systems by flying a "low-altitude gliding and leaping" pattern.

"Successive missile launches by North Korea are not conducive to efforts to reduce tensions on the Korean Peninsula and we call for a halt to these acts," the Joint Chiefs of Staff said in a statement.
-snip

Two more missile test within a week's time, this flies right in the face of Trump's claim that NK is no longer a threat, has destroyed its nuclear program and will not longer do missile tests.

What is the official stance on this other than what the JCoS said?

Is the underlying reason we don't want them doing missile tests is because we think that only countries like Russia, France, USA, UK, etc. are allowed to develop these technologies and test them? The US has a much larger track record of killing people with airstrikes and killing innocent people from other countries compared to NK.

NK bad, yes. But what's the underlying cause behind this NK censoring?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2019 03:39 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

-snip

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
(please log in to view the image)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2019 03:41 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard

What is the official stance on this other than what the JCoS said?

Is the underlying reason we don't want them doing missile tests is because we think that only countries like Russia, France, USA, UK, etc. are allowed to develop these technologies and test them? The US has a much larger track record of killing people with airstrikes and killing innocent people from other countries compared to NK.

NK bad, yes. But what's the underlying cause behind this NK censoring?

Because North Korea is "bad", is an oppressive regime that starves its own people, was (is?) part of the "Axis of Evil", has threatened nuclear strikes against South Korea, Japan and America?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2019 03:58 PM
Robtard

(please log in to view the image)

*giggle*

Old Post Jul 31st, 2019 04:00 PM
TempAccount
Nippon Daisuki

**** N. Korea and its fat f*ck puppet. The North Korean people wish they were still ruled by the Japanese so they could at least not worry about starvation and being imprisoned for the most minor of things.

If Korea united their GDP would surpass that of Japan by the middle of the century, according to some economists.

Don't know how that'll be done, but I'm waiting.

Banzai Nippon! ばんざい にっぽん!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2019 05:00 PM
TempAccount is currently offline Click here to Send TempAccount a Private Message Find more posts by TempAccount Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard

@kurk Not going to happen anytime soon, but if Kim doesn't end up with a male heir (supposedly he only has one daughter), it's possible he might in later years step down as glorious leader (keeping his wealth though) and allow NK to become a democracy while remaining as a symbolic figure. Even with a male heir, he still might decide to do away with the dictatorship passing from father to son, he wasn't groomed for decades to be a dictator like his father was, this happened relatively fast for him.

If that long-shot were to happen, it's possible North and South could then unite into one some time after that.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2019 05:50 PM
TempAccount
Nippon Daisuki

@kurk Not going to happen anytime soon, but if Kim doesn't end up with a male heir (supposedly he only has one daughter), it's possible he might in later years step down as glorious leader (keeping his wealth though) and allow NK to become a democracy while remaining as a symbolic figure. Even with a male heir, he still might decide to do away with the dictatorship passing from father to son, he wasn't groomed for decades to be a dictator like his father was, this happened relatively fast for him.

If that long-shot were to happen, it's possible North and South could then unite into one some time after that.
Kim isn't the man his father and grandfather were...I don't believe he's truly 100% in control. He has an inner circle of military men who likely pull all the ropes similar to that of the Showa Japanese Emperor.

And like when Hirohito was unsuccessfully overthrown by said military men for trying to end the war, Kim might face the same fight eventually.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2019 06:07 PM
TempAccount is currently offline Click here to Send TempAccount a Private Message Find more posts by TempAccount Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by TempAccount
Kim isn't the man his father and grandfather were...I don't believe he's truly 100% in control. He has an inner circle of military men who likely pull all the ropes similar to that of the Showa Japanese Emperor.

And like when Hirohito was unsuccessfully overthrown by said military men for trying to end the war, Kim might face the same fight eventually.

so basically you feel that kim is probably innocent and being manipulated by a rogue element in his military staff, because you just have this feeling

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2019 06:12 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard

@kurk Certainly possible, but by accounts he's in control

Back in 2011 I said Kim looked like a 20-somthing 'kid' who would much rather be sitting on his yacht splaying video games surrounded by sushi, hookers and coke. But 8ish years of power intoxication probably have changed that, at least on some level.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2019 06:14 PM
TempAccount
Nippon Daisuki

so basically you feel that kim is probably innocent and being manipulated by a rogue element in his military staff, because you just have this feeling
Only a fool believes that dictators can pass down their power without it being diluted among their inner circle.

Kim isn't innocent nor is he helpless, but he doesn't run the entire show IMO.

The senior military officers under Kim Il-Sung and Jong-Il likely know things and have experience that the pudgy man doesn't. The power becomes diluted with the generations.

Of course Kim does execute those he's wary of, but that doesn't stop them all.

Same idea with the Chinese dynasties, Praetorian guard, Janissaries, etc

Old Post Jul 31st, 2019 06:21 PM
Surtur
Astral Shaman

I'd say we take out Kim, but someone else would just take his place. Possibly just as shitty, maybe even shittier.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2019 06:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Because North Korea is "bad", is an oppressive regime that starves its own people, was (is?) part of the "Axis of Evil", has threatened nuclear strikes against South Korea, Japan and America?

Though not nearly as extreme, the US also spends billions on war technologies while 1 out of 5 children are starving or malnourished (many die from neglect and abuse each year in the US and we have among the worst human trafficking of kids in the world...yes...right here in the USA). We are not sinless in casting the "Military Industrial Complex" spending criticism.

We have also had threats of nuclear strikes, indirectly and directly, from politicians over the years including one from Hillary Clinton about threatening to obliterate Iran who was a presidential hopeful at the time and later became the Secretary of State.

In other words, I feel that the US is a somewhat evil country if we apply the same exact critical lens to it that we apply to NK. This is not an equalization tactic. I want the US to be better. So can NK. I just find the stone throwing the US does incredibly hypocritically awkward.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2019 08:21 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard

If I were POTUS, I'd basically ignore NK; let them have keep their nukes, let them test missiles as long as no borders are violated. Just maintain diligent surveillance, I'd fear NK selling a nuke to some rogue group more than NK firing a missile themselves, even then they're likely not to do it as it could be traced back to them if some terrorist group were to mini-nuke some city like Paris or Tel Aviv. I'd probably even lift sanctions as a test, to see what happens, maybe a well fed NK would eventually bring about a smaller military complex.

But I'm not and I definitely didn't make threats of fire-and-fury and then blindly accept that NK has destroyed their program, when I was previously critical of Iran-Deal, which allowed inspectors.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2019 08:48 PM
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Though not nearly as extreme, the US also spends billions on war technologies while 1 out of 5 children are starving or malnourished (many die from neglect and abuse each year in the US and we have among the worst human trafficking of kids in the world...yes...right here in the USA). We are not sinless in casting the "Military Industrial Complex" spending criticism.

We have also had threats of nuclear strikes, indirectly and directly, from politicians over the years including one from Hillary Clinton about threatening to obliterate Iran who was a presidential hopeful at the time and later became the Secretary of State.

In other words, I feel that the US is a somewhat evil country if we apply the same exact critical lens to it that we apply to NK. This is not an equalization tactic. I want the US to be better. So can NK. I just find the stone throwing the US does incredibly hypocritically awkward.

Of course we're evil, but we're not EVIL.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2019 08:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

If I were POTUS, I'd basically ignore NK; let them have keep their nukes, let them test missiles as long as no borders are violated. Just maintain diligent surveillance, I'd fear NK selling a nuke to some rogue group more than NK firing a missile themselves, even then they're likely not to do it as it could be traced back to them if some terrorist group were to mini-nuke some city like Paris or Tel Aviv. I'd probably even lift sanctions as a test, to see what happens, maybe a well fed NK would eventually bring about a smaller military complex.

I agree with all of these things. Some people talk about needing to feed the North Korean people. But the US should feed it's own people and house their own people, first. As I keep saying, when we have violence problems so terrible that hundreds of thousands of black-only people are being murdered over the years, 1/5 children in the US is starving and malnourished, and we have one of the worlds worst sex-trafficking problems, we should leave North Korean aid up to private citizens and send our tax dollars to helping our own people.

We agree on most things political as long as it doesn't relate to Trump.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2019 02:46 PM
Robtard

North Korea labels Trump a 'heedless and erratic old man' after tweets

A North Korean official reportedly assailed President Trump as a “heedless and erratic old man” after the president tweeted that Chairman Kim Jong Un valued the two’s relationship too much to allow international relations to sour.

Trump’s tweet stating that Kim “does not want to void his special relationship with the President of the United States or interfere with the U.S. Presidential Election in November” indicates the president is “bereft of patience,” former North Korean nuclear negotiator Kim Yong Chol said, according to The Associated Press.

“As [Trump] is such a heedless and erratic old man, the time when we cannot but call him a ‘dotard’ again may come,” he said, referencing an insult the nation applied to Trump in September 2017 amid a war of words between the two leaders.
-snip

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 9th, 2019 08:39 PM
dadudemon

North Korea labels Trump a 'heedless and erratic old man' after tweets

A North Korean official reportedly assailed President Trump as a “heedless and erratic old man” after the president tweeted that Chairman Kim Jong Un valued the two’s relationship too much to allow international relations to sour.

Trump’s tweet stating that Kim “does not want to void his special relationship with the President of the United States or interfere with the U.S. Presidential Election in November” indicates the president is “bereft of patience,” former North Korean nuclear negotiator Kim Yong Chol said, according to The Associated Press.

“As [Trump] is such a heedless and erratic old man, the time when we cannot but call him a ‘dotard’ again may come,” he said, referencing an insult the nation applied to Trump in September 2017 amid a war of words between the two leaders.
-snip

laughing out loud

TheHill bringin some hard hitting journalism. No way a rep from NK would say something like that out of turn: probably was carefully planned before he said that.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2019 12:53 AM