KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Do Conservatives really believe the shit they say?

Do Conservatives really believe the shit they say?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Todd1700
My friends are not like that and I do not hang around the ones who are. But they are unavoidable. And as I said before they assume you feel the same as they do just because you are also white. You will hear plenty of racist shit from people you don't even know.

Well according to Ivy League College Professors All Whites are Racsit so....I guess that must make it true.

Originally posted by samhain
The rich ones just hide it better IMO.

Not in Ivy Leageu Colleges apparently.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 05:50 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Re: Do Conservatives really believe the shit they say?

Originally posted by cdtm
"Let the market decide" on everything. That'll fix the problems.

Yes.

"Privatize".

Yes. Privatization encouraged ownership and work which led to the creation of the greatest civilization in the history of humanity. Or do you suggest that you shouldn't own the fruits of your labor? The tragedy of the commons is written about quite well and we have a plethora of examples throughout history that shows exactly what happens when one ends private ownership.

"It's all about the profit".

Yes. Because to make a commodity cheaper and better you need two things: profit incentive and freedom of labor. If there's absolutely no incentive to make a product better, then why do it? That's exactly what happened in Detroit with the automobile industry there. Once the tariffs and trade barriers were lifted to allow foreign competition into America, they couldn't compete. Detroit collapsed because unions and regulations made Detroit uncompetitive in a global market. There was no incentive to make a better product because subsidies and tariffs kept competition away.

"If you need help, you're bad and you should feel bad".

...who? Who says this??

And hey, if you can't afford your heart meds anymore because some "capitalist" decided to aquire them and raise the prices by 5,000%, that's on YOU buddy. Get a better job!

Kind of like the Epipen? That wasn't the free market's fault. That was the Federal Government ensuring that there was no competition. That's the only way one could jack up prices by 5,000%. The FDA barred substitution for Epipen. You know what happens in a free market when someone raises the price of something up 5,000%? Someone jumps into the market and offers a product at a cheaper price.

The funny thing, is when one of these loudmouthed conservatives in their 40's have a kid with special needs, like down syndrome, do they refuse any and all forms of help and "pull up the bootstraps"?

Strawman is noted.

Hell, no. They opt in for any service they can get, and beg for help from their online buddies.. (Which I donated towards, in one case..)

I get that big government isn't exactly an answer to lifes problems, either, it's just this "no one needs help, ever" mixed with "if you can't afford something important, it's NOT MY PROBLEM" attitude. Essentially, they're saying "**** 'em".

Until life hits them hard, then they beg just like everyone else.

So you willingly gave money for a donation and you think this is somehow against capitalism or conservatism...how? Private charity and voluntary exchange is conservatism. Forcing people under threat of a government gun to surrender to property or labor is what we stand against.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 05:30 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

This same individual regularly and loudly proclaimed no man should ever need help.

And then when life hit him hard, he begged for help.

That's my point there.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 06:38 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote