KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (68): « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
I suspect that too but there are gonna be more phases
Yeah, but zero when every other film has had one is more final and dramatic leading into the next chapter Steve and these guys love drama, hang on, so do I.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 09:13 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Yeah, but zero when every other film has had one is more final and dramatic leading into the next chapter Steve and these guys love drama, hang on, so do I.

Yes me and the other guys do

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 09:17 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Yeah watch out for youtube, there is a leaked video already of a certain character fighting Thanos and holy shit it is cool. Thats all I will say obviously. But yeah, the leaks are coming on strong

Old Post Apr 24th, 2019 10:11 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Jesus Christ that was good.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 01:55 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Well

Shit

Shit****

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:07 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!! Don't think this is a spoiler, but no scenes after the credits so don't bother sticking around

SPOILER WARNING, DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT THE FILM SPOILED

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: IM dying was right because started with him only right it ends with him.

Literally jizzed my pants at Cap lifting and fighting with mjolnir was sooooooo ****ing good.

Quan is gonna jizz because Thanos kicks ass, Thor with two hammers couldn't beat Thanos w/o an IG.

Black widow also dies.

No tribute to Stan was odd. I know it was done in CM but woulda thought there'd be one in EG too.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:29 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by -Pr-
Jesus Christ that was good.

Why do third world countries always get it before the US erm

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:30 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Inhuman

Because

Last edited by Impediment on Apr 25th, 2019 at 10:34 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:39 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!! Don't think this is a spoiler, but no scenes after the credits so don't bother sticking around

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: IM dying was right because started with him only right it ends with him.

Literally jizzed my pants at Cap lifting and fighting with mjolnir was sooooooo ****ing good.

Quan is gonna jizz because Thanos kicks ass, Thor with two hammers couldn't beat Thanos w/o an IG.

Black widow also dies.

No tribute to Stan was odd. I know it was done in CM but woulda thought there'd be one in EG too.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Stan still got his cameo, so it wasn't too bad.

Originally posted by Inhuman

==

In all honesty, any complaints I have about the movie are largely nitpicks. It's pretty much everything that fanboy in me imagined seeing all those years ago when I picked up a comic and thought "I wonder what this would be like in a film".

If there was never another Marvel movie, I'd honestly be happy with this being the last one.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:44 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by -Pr-
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Stan still got his cameo, so it wasn't too bad.

Yeah least there was that but was CGI wasn't it?

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:45 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah least there was that but was CGI wasn't it?

My thought was that it was the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: de-ageing tech they've been using, like what they did with SLJ in Captain Mavel.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:47 AM
steverules_2

Yeah I did wonder that, I hope it was

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:49 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

So. Here we go as much as I can remember

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Movie starts pre-snap at Barton's house where his whole family cease to exist.

Next comes Ironman and Nebula stuck aboard the Guardians damaged ship and as Stark is about to die there's a glow outside. It's captain marvel. She brings them back to earth. The survivors argue among themselves with Stark blaming Cap for not "being there". Most of the team agree agree to find and kill Thanos and off they go because they detect that Thanos has used the stones again on his own planet. They have to go get Thor first who has become a fat drunk in a small village in Norway where the surviving Asgardians live, including Valkyrie along with Korg and Meek who live with Thor and play videogames all day.

It cuts to Thanos picking crops then limping up the stairs. You see him and he is very badly injured, burnt down one whole side of his face and back. Captain Marvel blasts him. The team rush in, pin him down and Thor chops his arm off. They check the gauntlet and stones are gone. Thanos had used the stones to destroy the stones. So Thor cuts off Thanos' head

It cuts to 5 years later and no one has been able to move on with the apparent exception of Banner who has experimented on himself become professor Hulk although he's not actually named as that. Lang escapes the quantum realm when a rat steps on the controls in the van which is now in storage. He's only been in the quantum realm for 5 hours in his time but 5 years for everyone else. He reunites with his daughter before going to the Avengers HQ saying he can't stop thinking about time travel.

They try and get Stark to help but he now has a daughter and doesn't want to risk their lives. The team experiment anyway led by Banner and do tests on Lang but they don't work and he keeps coming back as different ages. Old, a kid and a baby. Stark figures out the problem and shows up to help.

Natasha finds Barton who is now slaughtering criminals across the globe. He agrees to help and he's the first to try the new tech. It works and he ends up back at home pre-snap but jumps back to the main timeline before seeing his family.

They formulate a plan to split into teams and go back to where the stones were easier to obtain. 3 are in New York during the events of Avengers 1. Hulk goes to Bleeker St and asks for Dr Strange but it's 5 years before he becomes a master of the mystic arts. He has to convince The Ancient One to give him the stone because he can't force her to as she punches Banner's soul from Hulk's body before he can. He eventually convinces her by telling her that Strange actually gave Thanos the stone which she reads not as his mistake but hers for not giving Hulk the stone.

Rodgers, Lang and Stark go to Stark tower to obtain the tesseract and the staff in the wake of the battle of New York. Cap gets the staff in an elevator surrounded by Rumlow and the bad guys from the elevator scene in Winter Soldier plus Sitwell. He convinces Sitwell to give him the staff by saying Hail Hydra. On the way out he ends up having to fight his old self who he subdues by using the staff on him. Antman and Stark almost succeed in getting the tesseract but old Hulk accidentally knocks the tesseract case out Stark's hand and Loki picks it up and escapes through using it co create a portal. This then forces them to go further back in time to when Howard Stark had it at the New Jersey military base where Hank Pym was also working. Stark meets his father there and Cap sees Carter but doesn't speak to her. They had to go to that specific time and place because they needed more Pym particles because in the present they never had enough for more than one time jump each.

Rhodes and Nebula go to Morag to get the stone at the time from GotG1 when Quill went to get it. They knock him out when he's dancing about and obtain the stone. Rhodes returns but Nebula gets stuck and is captured by Thanos due to her implants connecting with the past version of herself.

Natasha and Barton go to Vormir to get the soul stone and, as you would expect, one of them has to die for the other to get it. They fight over who's going to sacrifice themselves for the other. Natasha wins and falls to her death leaving Barton lying in the water with the stone.

Thor and Rocket go to Asgard to get the reality stone. Thor talks to his mother while rocket removes the aether from Jane Foster.

Once all the stones are recovered they return to the present but Nebula has been replaced by past Nebula and while the team are all putting the stones into a stark made Gauntlet she brings Thanos and his ship from the past into the present using their time travel and miniaturisation tech.

Hulk wears the gauntlet and snaps with great difficulty badly injuring his arm. It's confirmed it worked when Barton gets a call from his wife. At that moment Thanos attacks and destroys the Avengers compound. Everyone scatters and Barton finds himself alone with the gauntlet. Rhodes and rocket are stuck and are drowning in the flooded basement. Lang saves them while Hulk holds up the shattered building to stop them all from being killed. Meanwhile Thanos sits in the wreckage of the compound waiting his loyal Nebula tries find the stones. Stark, Cap and Thor attack Thanos and he beats them badly. Even with Cap proving himself worthy to weild Mjolnir it isn't enough. Just as Thanos unleashes the full might of his army of Chitauri and creatures from infinity war along with his 4 minions. As all hope is lost Cap hears someone calling him over the radio. It's Sam. At that moment a magic portal opens and Black Panther, Shuri and Okoye walk through. Hundreds of other portals begin to open and the Asgardian army led by Valkyrie on her flying horse, the entirity of the magic weilders, all of the Wakandan army, Dr Strange, the guardians and Spiderman come through from Titan. The battle rages and when Thanos is about to lose he orders his ship to fire on the entire battlefield. As it turns the tide it's guns start firing out into space instead. Captain Marvel returns, tanking the full force of Thanos ship before smashing through it and destroying it. It's not enough. Thanos turns his attention to obtaining the gauntlet instead which he now knows using it to kill half the universe won't stop survivors from trying to undo his work and so he vows to use it to scour the universe clean of all life and rebuild it himself. After more epic battling he gets the gauntlet and as he's about to use it Captain marvel has enough strength to stop him snapping his fingers. He rips the power stone from the gauntlet, melds it into his other hand and punches her away. He replaces the stone and tries again but it doesn't work as Stark has tricked him. Stark has the stones in his own armour. He snaps his fingers causing all of Thanos armies to disintegrate leaving Thanos til last who then also turns to dust.

The snap causes Stark fatal injuries and he dies with Spiderman and Pepper beside him.

They hold the funeral before Rodgers goes to return the stones to their original timelines. Something the ancient one warned had to be done otherwise they'd have been defenceless, presumably from Dormammu. Instead of returning as planned through the time machine they see an elderly Cap sitting on a bench. He tells them he decided to stay in the past and have the life Stark always told him to get. He passes the mantle and his shield to Sam to continue as Captain America. Sam asks him if he wants to tell him about "her". Cap declines. It cuts to him and Carter dancing together in the past.

The End.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 03:56 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

As for non plot stuff

It's pacing is a bit off in the first act.

They do a tremendous job of really showing how people are struggling to move on after the snap.

The humour is just as good as ever.

There's some classic references to The Matrix, Aliens and other stuff.

They drag out the ending almost as much as Return of the King.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 04:03 AM
Psychotron

Torrented it. What absolute garbage. I'm glad I didn't spend my hard-earned cash on this filth. The plot is convoluted and full of holes. Most of the characters are weak aside from Tony and Steve. The action is trash as usual, the final battle looks like a PS4 cutscene.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 08:53 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Quan is gonna jizz because Thanos kicks ass, Thor with two hammers couldn't beat Thanos w/o an IG.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thanos was a chump. He jobbed to both Wanda and Captain Feminism.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 08:55 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Psychotron
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thanos was a chump. He jobbed to both Wanda and Captain Feminism.

Yeah I guess

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 09:24 AM
Psychotron

Yeah I guess

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Honestly, the only thing I was looking forward to in this movie was Hulk redeeming himself for being owned in IW and being a pussy for the rest of the film, and Thor kicking some ass. Instead, Thor is fat alcoholic who is comedic relief for most of the film and Hulk does nothing at all. Even worse, he needs Ant-Man to save him from a collapsing building because apparently he's not strong enough to lift it himself. Total disrespect.

You can tell the Russo sisters were more focused on SJW sh!t than giving the OG Avengers a proper send off.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 09:38 AM
ShadowFyre

I just saw the end fight I kinda see where your coming from but havent seen the whole movie yet. I didnt think it was that bad

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 10:38 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I just saw the end fight I kinda see where your coming from but havent seen the whole movie yet. I didnt think it was that bad

It was terrible. I mean [SPOILER - highlight to read]: time travel? Seriously? What 11-year-old wrote this? And it's full of plot holes too, like Nebula killing her past self, which doesn't affect her at all for some reason, or the Avengers killing younger Thanos before the snap, which somehow doesn't massively alter the future. Yeah, they talk about alternative timelines but Old Man Rogers at the end confirms it's a stable time loop like the Terminator.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 10:51 AM