KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Anarchocapitalism vs. Communism

The question?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Communism is better of the two 2 28.57%
Anarchocapitalism is better 4 57.14%
Both are equally shit/Both are equally wonderful 1 14.29%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Anarchocapitalism vs. Communism
Started by: JKBart

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anarchocapitalism vs. Communism

Which of the two radical structures do you prefer, and why? Do you believe both are equally shit?

Discuss.

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 08:31 PM
JKBart is currently offline Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know much about "anarchocapitalism". I do know Communism has killed like 100 million people and has never been successful.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 08:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Communism is literally impossible, so I prefer that one. High fantasy is one of my favorite genres.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 08:35 PM
FreshestSlice is currently offline Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Honestly, I'm not sure.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 08:59 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

In theory anarchocapitalism. If you had asked a more naive, childish version of me 5 years ago I would have said communism.

In practice both are equally as shitty.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 09:30 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Better Anarchy then Tyranny.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 09:39 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Communism is the devil we know, Ancap is the one we don’t. But yeah, both suck.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 09:40 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Better Anarchy then Tyranny.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 09:45 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Both are stateless in theory; both are prone to tyranny. What makes you think one is worse than the other?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 09:48 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

With Anarchy Everyone is free to Think and Act the way that they want. That is NOT the case under Tyranny.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 09:50 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I learned from p*ssies in Antifa communism is awesome cuz it worked in Star Trek. Can't we trust cowards in masks?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 09:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Gotta love the Star Trek argument.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 09:57 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I suppose the case for communism over anarchy is that there have been “communist” states that at least functioned, whereas there’s less precedent for a functioning anarchic society

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 10:00 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Gotta love the Star Trek argument.

Especially when Star Trek isn't really communist. You can clearly own property lol, but shh don't spoil it for them.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 10:07 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

You can have possessions in communist states; owning a place does not mean it’s not communist

Last edited by The Ellimist on Apr 29th, 2018 at 10:10 PM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 10:08 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Ellimist
You can have possessions in communist states; owning a place does not mean it’s not communist

So you can own buildings, buy land, etc.? Cuz I thought private property didn't exist under Communism.

Last edited by Surtur on Apr 29th, 2018 at 10:13 PM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 10:11 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

There's no such thing as a communist state. There have been plenty of dictatorships of the proletariats, but communism requires the state to have already been abolished. And no, you can't own something in a communist state. Everything is given from those with ability to those with need. If you don't have a right to something, you can't own it. It's more like the government leasing it to you in return for labor, at least until said government is abolished.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 10:48 PM
FreshestSlice is currently offline Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Still curious about how communist states handle private property.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2018 11:20 PM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Surtur
So you can own buildings, buy land, etc.? Cuz I thought private property didn't exist under Communism.

Technically NO ONE actually OWNS LAND. You can OWN the Stuff on the Land but you can't OWN the actual land.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 01:54 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Communism's end goal is also anarchy but I can't see how you'd redistribute according to people's needs without some sort of bureaucracy, which goes right back into statism.

As for Elm's claim that "at least there's examples of communist states", the only examples are the Kropotkin sort of "anarcho-communism" — Makhnovia, Revolutionary Catalonia, etc. — and I guess it's worth noting that they all fell to external threats rather than internal collapse. On the other hand, if you're talking about examples of Marxist communism, there's none.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 01:55 AM
SunRazer is currently offline Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote