KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Haxx items vs. Heat-Vision...

Haxx items vs. Heat-Vision...
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Haxx items vs. Heat-Vision...

Superman individually blasts the following items with his most powerful burst of HV for a maximum of 1 minute. What happens to them..?

-Mjolnir
-Jarnbjorn
-Wolverine's claws/skeleton
-Cap's shield
-Surfer's Board
-Galactus' Helm/armor
-Dianna's Bracers
-Hal's Ring
-Fate's Helmet
-Miracle Machine

And by 'most powerful HV', I mean something like this:
(please log in to view the image)

How goes it?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 02:33 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i think it fails against all of them except maybe ss's board.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 04:59 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Heat Vision > Sun > Mjölnir

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 05:07 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Parmaniac

stfu

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 05:16 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 05:28 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Well Superman’ hv is off the charts in by ALL scientific standard measurements.
Remember, man can measure heat over a thousand times hotter than the core of a Sun.

This would simply mean that Superman’s hv can potentially reach temperatures over a thousand times hotter than the core of the sun.

AFAIK, no object in comics has experienced such heat without being damaged.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 05:33 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 05:54 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by leonidas

S'bout right

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 06:57 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
S'bout right

Remember, man can measure heat over a thousand times hotter than the core of a Sun.

This would simply mean that Superman’s hv can potentially reach temperatures over a thousand times hotter than the core of the sun.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 07:05 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

@H1...

Does that man measuring statement apply to everyone or does it just apply to Superman?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 07:31 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by carver9
@H1...

Does that man measuring statement apply to everyone or does it just apply to Superman?

Don’t be daft!

It’s been shown that scientists have indeed tried to measure Kal’s heat vision and failed.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 09:17 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Does that concept apply to all characters?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 09:32 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by h1a8

Well the majority of the objects in question are well off of the charts as well.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 10:09 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote:

Don’t be daft!

It’s been shown that scientists have indeed tried to measure Kal’s heat vision and failed

That has been used for several characters. JLA tested pre 52 "The Ray" and his energy output was off the charts.

It's hyperbole and only intended to mean we're (writers) not goimg to put a cap on it. Probably because if they do somewhere down the track someone will call them on x feat not being possible because here you said his enerfy is y and to do that is y +

Old Post May 1st, 2018 12:05 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Was thinking the same. Maybe Fate’s helmet.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 12:25 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Funny how hv was never all that powerful a weapon pre crisis. Everyone could tank it, just about.

Post crisis, it became even weaker, unable to affect random robots and missiles, getting ignored by Lobo and Bizarro Superman. At some point, if went waaaay overboard in the other direction, where he's one shotting Kryptonians and f'n Despero...

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 12:33 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

HV was never weak. It's always one of the most devastating energy blasts from any herald.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 12:39 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by abhilegend

HV was never weak. It's always one of the most devastating energy blasts from any herald.

All too common back then.

First fight with Captain Marvel pre crisis, he hit him with it for four/five panels. Doesn't even seem to notice.

The remake of Superman and the Forever People visiting Apokolips, he couldn't affect random robots.

Hunter/Prey, hv did jack all to missiles.

Might not have been weak, but it sure wasn't the trump card it's shown as now. A Superman vs Shazam fight today could credibly end in hv, game over.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 12:48 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah, it wasnt always AS powerful. In general it was like pretty much any other character’s energy blast, and more versatile, as it could focus.

And yes, i’m sure scans can be provided of HV being awesome, in the eras mentioned.
Doesnt mean HV hasnt power crept like crazy since then.

But i get it, every power Supes has must at no time have been average.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 12:59 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Wanted to find scans, but hell with google, not digging into my comic stash for scans, and Abhi's already seen it all anyways, so..

A few other examples:

Mongul vs Kyle and Superman. Remember when Kal was hving Monguls face at the end, before Kyles locomotive construct to the back? Not all that effective.

Nor was the same against Anointed One, back in Morrison's JLA vs Ancient League, He was HVing AO's face, and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Compare that with taking Zod's kid down, with a full on HV assault. That just didn't happen back then (Or if it did, I'd love to see it, or get a reference.

Something better then armored Mannheim and first post crisis meeting Mongul talking about how hot it is, or the Eradicator device being shut down with it. Cool moments, though they are.)

Last edited by cdtm on May 24th, 2018 at 01:07 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2018 01:04 PM