KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » How to deal with nosey/invasive people.

How to deal with nosey/invasive people.
Started by: atv2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
atv2

How to deal with nosey/invasive people.

It's been a while since I've been here but lately I've been dealing with people who are invasive and feel a need to be in everyone's business for the sake of attention. They always have to ask me what I'm doing? or where I'm going? as if I have to answer them when I don't. I've been a big target of this lately, I find it very offensive and It's been extremely irritating to deal with to the point that there's a huge weight on me that they come with the intent of deceiving me into feeling beneath them. What are some solutions or remedies of dealing with invasive people?

Old Post May 1st, 2018 01:55 AM
atv2 is currently offline Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Are these people friends? If they are, maybe they just want to spend some times with you.

If their not friends, just tell them to back off.

also, some people actually have no idea of their being incencitives to others needs. What might look okay to them, might not be with someone else.

Just talk to them before you lose your cool and possibly loses those people.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 02:14 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atv2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX
Are these people friends? If they are, maybe they just want to spend some times with you.

If their not friends, just tell them to back off.

also, some people actually have no idea of their being incencitives to others needs. What might look okay to them, might not be with someone else.

Just talk to them before you lose your cool and possibly loses those people.

No way! I would be at a shame to call them friends but they really got under my skin with their approaches. The solution sounds good. I know I'm used to being kind to the people around but it doesn't mean I don't get offended and it matters how I'm treated. A lot of times I struggle with compassion and confrontation.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 02:19 AM
atv2 is currently offline Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by atv2
No way! I would be at a shame to call them friends but they really got under my skin with their approaches. The solution sounds good. I know I'm used to being kind to the people around but it doesn't mean I don't get offended and it matters how I'm treated. A lot of times I struggle with compassion and confrontation.

Alright then! Since their not friends, you need to make it clear to them what you expect from them, and vice versa.

Nothing wrong being kind, you just need to find a balance between kind and letting others take advantage of you.

You may not like confrontations, but you need to stand up for yourself, especially if your around said group of people often.

Stand up for yourself before it’s too late.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 02:27 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

kill them imo

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post May 1st, 2018 02:41 AM
JKBart is currently offline Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by JKBart
kill them imo

thumb up

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post May 1st, 2018 03:03 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: How to deal with nosey/invasive people.

It's been a while since I've been here but lately I've been dealing with people who are invasive and feel a need to be in everyone's business for the sake of attention. They always have to ask me what I'm doing? or where I'm going? as if I have to answer them when I don't. I've been a big target of this lately, I find it very offensive and It's been extremely irritating to deal with to the point that there's a huge weight on me that they come with the intent of deceiving me into feeling beneath them. What are some solutions or remedies of dealing with invasive people?

You sound like an introvert and you sound like you do not like confrontation. Bad combination for someone who wants privacy and boundaries as people take advantage of people like you.

However, and this is going to be the hard part: you MUST set clear boundaries.

Solution 1: Directly Setting Boundaries

When asked by people you do not feel intimate or comfortable with sharing those details, clearly state, with a disarming chuckle, "Oh...I'm a private person I don't like to talk about my private life too much. But what you are doing this weekend?"

If you feel that is awkward (it is), say this, "You know, the standard chores and errands. Hey, what are you doing this weekend? Anything fun?"

In other words, you have to learn how to small talk while still maintaining your boundaries.

Solution 2: The Wingman Solution

Befriend a strong-willed, outgoing, charismatic friend who has your back to put a stop to these things or who can quickly alter the subject to spare you from the embarrassment.

This solution can be difficult because extroverted people of that type will often drag you into situations that are uncomfortable just due to their nature. So you will need to find a person to befriend like this who also has high emotional intelligence and social grace.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 02:56 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kanye, is that you?

Old Post May 1st, 2018 04:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: How to deal with nosey/invasive people.

Originally posted by dadudemon
You sound like an introvert and you sound like you do not like confrontation. Bad combination for someone who wants privacy and boundaries as people take advantage of people like you.

However, and this is going to be the hard part: you MUST set clear boundaries.

Solution 1: Directly Setting Boundaries

When asked by people you do not feel intimate or comfortable with sharing those details, clearly state, with a disarming chuckle, "Oh...I'm a private person I don't like to talk about my private life too much. But what you are doing this weekend?"

If you feel that is awkward (it is), say this, "You know, the standard chores and errands. Hey, what are you doing this weekend? Anything fun?"

In other words, you have to learn how to small talk while still maintaining your boundaries.

Solution 2: The Wingman Solution

Befriend a strong-willed, outgoing, charismatic friend who has your back to put a stop to these things or who can quickly alter the subject to spare you from the embarrassment.

This solution can be difficult because extroverted people of that type will often drag you into situations that are uncomfortable just due to their nature. So you will need to find a person to befriend like this who also has high emotional intelligence and social grace.

^What he said and also:

Solution 3: Show Dominance via Sodomy

Wrestle him/her/them to the ground and then forcibly anally penetrate them thereby asserting your dominance and superiority of the situation.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 1st, 2018 04:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Re: Re: How to deal with nosey/invasive people.

Originally posted by Robtard
^What he said and also:

Wrestle him/her/them to the ground and then forcibly anally penetrate them thereby asserting your dominance and superiority of the situation.

Remember Force Rape? Where you use the force to telekinetically push and pull their butthole in and out, rapidly?

Maaaaaan, those were the days in the Movie Versus Forum.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 04:55 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: How to deal with nosey/invasive people.

Originally posted by dadudemon
Remember Force Rape? Where you use the force to telekinetically push and pull their butthole in and out, rapidly?

Maaaaaan, those were the days in the Movie Versus Forum.

How could I forget?

Old Post May 1st, 2018 04:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by JKBart
kill them imo

jesus christ the best answer has only 3 words and you guys continue ranting lol

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post May 1st, 2018 04:57 PM
JKBart is currently offline Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

^What he said and also:

Solution 4: Cuckoldry. Show dominance by having sex with their significant other.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 05:53 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Nah. Just Kill em. That is what True Alpha's do. Cause Sex Don't Cure Stupid and Annoying. Death Does.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 05:55 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Chopping their nose off works, too.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post May 1st, 2018 06:03 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

^What he said and also:

That's not funny, you should be banned for perpetuating rape culture.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 1st, 2018 06:07 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Re: Re: Re: Re: How to deal with nosey/invasive people.

Originally posted by Emperordmb

But its OK when They rape.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 06:15 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atv2

Thanks abunch for the advice. It's been a struggle. Today I had to put into practice communicating boundaries and was respected for it.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 11:30 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Thanks abunch for the advice. It's been a struggle. Today I had to put into practice communicating boundaries and was respected for it.

You opted for Solution #1, not a bad choice, but not as bold as opting for Solution #3, imho.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 11:34 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb

Indeed. 1 in 5 wamen are sexually assaulted.

DO SOMETHING

Old Post May 1st, 2018 11:39 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote