KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Give your top five MCU films

Give your top five MCU films
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Winter Soldier to me is a movie that even if it wasn't tied into the MCU would be a good movie. I wouldn't have to be a comic fan to like it.

The trama is good. A Bond movie to me.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 04:39 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
The trama is good. A Bond movie to me.

Yes, Spy Thriller type movie. Just feel it was directed well and the actors did a great job. The fight between Cap and Bucky was done well and not your typical Good vs Bad guy fight.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 04:48 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Yes, Spy Thriller type movie. Just feel it was directed well and the actors did a great job. The fight between Cap and Bucky was done well and not your typical Good vs Bad guy fight.

Agree. Specially when Fury made his badass entrance. Pierce was shitting his pants lol.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 04:58 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

It was a pretty emotional film as well.

Honestly Winter Soldier and Civil War are the 2 marvel movies ive watched the most number of times.

Probably seem WS the most because its a couple of years older.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 05:13 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Infinity War
The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2
Iron Man
Civil War

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 05:47 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Nothing comes close to Infinity War.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 06:15 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Originally posted by quanchi112
Nothing comes close to Infinity War.

Infinity War is great but a lot of the emotion is dampened because

We know [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Spiderman, Strange, Starlord etc will return because Strange made it obvious he saw the future and told Tony it was the only way and the fact they are making sequels with the characters killed

I think the next Avengers movie will be the best because it will probably have lasting repercussions.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 06:30 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I am arguing based off what I’ve seen thus far. I hope the next one is better but this is the best film I’ve ever seen. Best ending I could ever ask for. That final end scene.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 06:34 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

God DAMN that was a good ending. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: He wiped out half the universe and then retired on a beach to watch the sunset. Then the "Thanos will return" text? Perfect.

PWNT

Last edited by BackFire on May 3rd, 2018 at 07:05 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 06:45 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Spoiler tag your post someone might stumble across it and this isn’t in the Infinity War thread.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 06:56 PM
Arachnid1

I'm past my 15 minutes but I reported it. Good catch thumb up

PWNT

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 07:04 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Edited.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 07:05 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I’m here to help.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: and to dominate you into submission to Thanos.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 07:06 PM
Arachnid1

Thanos is great and all but sooner or later...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: all bow before DOOM. You will too, as will Thanos if he has the good fortune to survive till then.

PWNT

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 07:17 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Thanos is the greatest villain hell character of all time. His will is equal to none. I am vindicated. Bring on Darkseid and the new gods film.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 07:19 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos is the greatest villain hell character of all time. His will is equal to none. I am vindicated. Bring on Darkseid and the new gods film.
In all honesty Darkseid would probably be more impressive. They REALLY nerfed Thanos in Infinity War. I mean, I liked him for the most part but he has some bad showings in the movie unfortunately.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Last edited by CPT Space Bomb on May 3rd, 2018 at 07:39 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 07:36 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
In all honesty Darkseid would probably be more impressive. They REALLY nerfed Thanos in Infinity War. I mean, I liked him for the most part but he has some bad showings in the movie unfortunately.
Not imo. The characters in the comics are from a different medium so you can’t have regular heroes busting up planets. It’s fine for me in the cinematic universe as it needs to be done a certain way. We have seen Steppenwolf and he was far less impressive than Doomsday. These are adaptations and I loved Thanos and the direction they went in.

Bring him on. If you watched her shit film A Wrinkle in Time I’d be worried she was handling these characters. Maybe it was the script but the movie was sub par.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 07:41 PM
BackFire

I think Thanos being a bit vulnerable made him a better character and a better villain. As it is he seemed more human and flawed, but still very strong. Made him more interesting and real. Plus it made the ending more effective.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 07:52 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by BackFire
I think Thanos being a bit vulnerable made him a better character and a better villain. As it is he seemed more human and flawed, but still very strong. Made him more interesting and real. Plus it made the ending more effective.
Don't get me wrong...I'm not arguing against Thanos as a great villain. I think WB/DC has a HUGE task ahead of them if they want to make Darkseid even 1/10 as good a CHARACTER as Thanos was in IW. What I was talking about was power levels. I'm pretty sure Darkseid, when he appears in film, will be vastly more powerful than Thanos was in IW... DC has a tendency to not nerf their characters as much as Marvel does.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 07:59 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Gotcha.

The biggest challenge for DC right now is simply getting people to give a shit about their major characters, let alone villains. It's very likely that when they introduce Darkseid no one will care at all.

As I am currently giving Marvel the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their movies, I'm taking the opposite approach with DC - assuming whatever they put out will be shit until they break that trend. I guess you could say they did that already with Wonder Woman being a bit hit, but that may have been a fluke, and it was still a pretty flawed film in a lot of ways.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 08:16 PM