KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Give your top five MCU films

Give your top five MCU films
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
John Murdoch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Indeed. It's basically The First Avenger, but with a shitty villain, instead of Hugo Weaving's epic turn as the Red Skull. It only got as much fan fare as it did, because of the female lead.

Agreed x 1000.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 12:04 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Watching WW I was like this is captain America

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 6th, 2018 12:14 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Impediment
Ragnarok ruined Planet Hulk, made a mockery of Hela, and the blatant wannabe style of GotG with the Zeppelin music and over use of painful jokes and comedy.

Its not a dog shit film, but I just didnt like the tone of it.

People complained for months that they were aping GOTG based on the trailers, and were dismissed by people who claimed to know better. Funny how that turned out when the movie debuted.

I'm of the opinion that the tone doesn't match the subject matter at all, but that's me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 6th, 2018 12:40 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote:
originally posted by steverules2

Watching WW I was like “this is captain America”

I think that is what most people thought. It was super hyped up because it was a female hero. Which is fine, but it was overrated. Now we have to see if Captain Marvel (no where near A list character) can be equally overrated.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Last edited by CPT Space Bomb on May 6th, 2018 at 12:52 AM

Old Post May 6th, 2018 12:41 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Infinity War
Winter Soldier
Dr. Strange
Avengers
Iron Man

Bankai.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 05:02 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Avengers
2. Infinity War
3. Winter Soldier
4. Civil War
5. Doctor Strange

I will never be a memory.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 04:00 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Inhuman
Another thing that the DCEU keeps doing is that when characters punch each other, there is always some Sonic boom type impact effect. The characters also seem to be in zero gravity, because they always seem to fly into walls or buildings and there are always explosions with things crumbling around them.
And of course slow motion everywhere.
Like that Wonder Woman scene where she is blocking bullets with her shield on the WW1 battlefield, it's all slow motion with explosions behind her.
Imagine every Cap scene where he blocks bullets be some sort motion spectacle.
Lastly DC characters just seem to be able to fly, just because. And flying characters punching each other "seems" to look more impressive that characters in the ground punching each other. Again flying off after getting punched only to crash into a building.
Superman is the only member of the JL who can fly though. Diana can just briefly levitate. Were you referring to the comics?

And I don't view the fight scenes making use of the character's powersets for spectacle to be a bad thing at all tbh. It's really the only thing the DCEU (and by DCEU I really just mean Man of Steel tbh) has over the MCU. The superpowered fight scenes.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 04:14 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Robtard
At this point we have no reason to believe they're not going to buttphuck Darkseid, which is a damn shame, as he's an iconic villain.

As you said, look at the record so far:

Zod - Decent, but not great, Shannon's acting ability likely helped the dull-ish script
Luthor - Humongous pile of shit and one of the worst casting choices in film history. FFS, Mark Strong was available for the role
Doomsday - Giant pile of shit
Ares - Decent, but not great. Good actor was cast, but he was not right for the role
Ludendorff: Okay, but overall a generic villain
Enchantress - Forgettable
^Her Brother - Is a huge 'who cares'
Amanda Waller - Decent from the little we've seen, this one a good casting if they use her properly going forward

Villains can make or break a film, the DCU is failing here, they need to rethink their writing/ideas when it comes to the villains.
DCEU's track record with villains is pretty abysmal yeah. Phucking Steppenwolf? Lol get that shit out of here.

Like, I actually think the MCU's track record with villains isn't particularly good either tbh, with some real duds like Vanko from IM2, Kaecilius from DS, Ronan from GotG, Malekith from Thor TDW, or the Blandarin from IM3, but the MCU does have Ego the Living Planet (GOAT MCU villain btw we'll see if Thanos usurps him when I finally see IW), Loki, and Red Skull. And MCU doesn't have the abysmal low of the DCEU's depiction of Lex Luthor, which is just awful. thumb down

Old Post May 8th, 2018 04:21 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by NemeBro
Superman is the only member of the JL who can fly though. Diana can just briefly levitate. Were you referring to the comics?

And I don't view the fight scenes making use of the character's powersets for spectacle to be a bad thing at all tbh. It's really the only thing the DCEU (and by DCEU I really just mean Man of Steel tbh) has over the MCU. The superpowered fight scenes.
The choreography of the MCU is far better than the dceu. Man of Steel was boring and repetitive.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 04:23 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by quanchi112
The choreography of the MCU is far better than the dceu. Man of Steel was boring and repetitive.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 8th, 2018 04:33 AM
quanchi112
Disney

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 8th, 2018 04:34 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Yeah Superman, Zod & crew fight to be more specific.

DCEU's track record with villains is pretty abysmal yeah. Phucking Steppenwolf? Lol get that shit out of here.

Like, I actually think the MCU's track record with villains isn't particularly good either tbh, with some real duds like Vanko from IM2, Kaecilius from DS, Ronan from GotG, Malekith from Thor TDW, or the Blandarin from IM3, but the MCU does have Ego the Living Planet (GOAT MCU villain btw we'll see if Thanos usurps him when I finally see IW), Loki, and Red Skull. And MCU doesn't have the abysmal low of the DCEU's depiction of Lex Luthor, which is just awful. thumb down

You guys forgot Leto Joker. Was cringe as fuq.

IMO: Best MCU villains are (no order): Thanos, Vulture, Ego, Obadiah Stane, Winter Soldier (when he was bad), Nebula (when she was bad), Loki, Red Skull, Blonski(Abomination), General Ross, Crossbones, Alexander Pierce, Hela, Grand Master, Killmonger, Ulysses Klaue, Ebony Maw

Last edited by Inhuman on May 8th, 2018 at 04:48 AM

Old Post May 8th, 2018 04:42 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Inhuman

You guys forgot Leto Joker. What a cringy f@g.

IMO: Best MCU villains are (no order): Thanos, Vulture, Ego, Obadiah Stane, Winter Soldier (when he was bad), Nebula (when she was bad), Loki, Red Skull, Blonski(Abomination), General Ross, Crossbones, Alexander Pierce, Hela, Grand Master, Killmonger, Ulysses Klaue, Ebony Maw
Ah yeah I did. I haven't seen Suicide Squad and, tbh, I have pretty much no intention to.

I thought about adding Obadiah Stane to my list. His archetype is nothing all that new, but Jeff Bridges' performance is so memorable and well-acted that he was great to watch anyway.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 04:48 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I haven't seen them all, but of the ones I have seen in no particular order:

1. Thor Ragnarok
2. Deadpool
3. GoftG
4. Spiderman: Homecoming
5. Iron Man

Old Post May 8th, 2018 12:50 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by socool8520
I haven't seen them all, but of the ones I have seen in no particular order:

1. Thor Ragnarok
2. Deadpool
3. GoftG
4. Spiderman: Homecoming
5. Iron Man
Deadpool is not in the MCU...not yet anyway.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 8th, 2018 01:21 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Are we talking Disney owned or something?

Old Post May 8th, 2018 01:35 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Yah title of the thread is top MCU films. Deadpool is still Fox. The deal hasn't been finalized so Deadpool isn't even Disney property yet, let alone in the MCU. There are doubts he'll be put in the MCU even when Disney finally get the rights.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 01:41 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Ahhh...I didn't get the title fully. My bad. I guess I would put Dr. Strange in it's place then.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 01:50 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Yes, just the MCU.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 01:50 PM