KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What is Culture Appreciation!

What is Culture Appreciation!
Started by: SquallX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SquallX

What is Culture Appreciation!

I never understand when people screams this?!

Take a Black/Hispanics person that scream those words to whites! Do they understand whites can turn around and say the same thing to them too?

It seems that those in the West love to use those words without thinking it over. But does culture appreciation really exist, or are we just using the words just to use them?!

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 10:36 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I want them to be consistent. Tell white people not to order Mexican or Chinese food. Because they are not consciously thinking about those cultures when they consume that food.

White folk invented planes. I expect minorities to stay off them.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 10:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

>SJWs
>Consistent
>KEK

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 10:46 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just don't get one thing. If appropriating culture is wrong why is shit like appropriating gender okay? Cuz that is what transgender folk do. LOL.

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 10:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

If I see people dressing up in green, drinking green beer, on St. Patrick's day, I don't get offended.

If I see people talking with their hands; saying "scusami scusami" or "grazi mille", or pretending to shoot people with Tommy Guns, I don't get offended.

It's because I'm not a insufferable, self-entitled, narcissistic, whiner. I'm just an *sshole.

What about you, Surtur, do you get mad when grown men pretend to be gay?

Old Post May 3rd, 2018 11:20 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

The Left look to DESTROY ALL Sense of Cultural Self so they can replace it with their own empty souless version of culture.

Old Post May 4th, 2018 05:56 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: What is Culture Appreciation!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX

Take a Black/Hispanics person that scream those words to whites! Do they understand whites can turn around and say the same thing to them too?

It seems that those in the West love to use those words without thinking it over. But does culture appreciation really exist, or are we just using the words just to use them?!

Seems like -you’re- using words just to use them.
-shrug-

Old Post May 4th, 2018 06:04 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by SquallX

Appreciation =/= Appropriation.

But yes, it's bollocks.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 4th, 2018 06:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

what is cultural amplification?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 4th, 2018 10:17 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

What is cultural application?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 4th, 2018 11:40 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'll do you one better, why is cultural appreciation?

(Props to anyone who got that reference)

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 4th, 2018 02:10 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Agreed with everyone else, the term the OP is looking for is cultural appropriation.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 4th, 2018 05:53 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The OP's term still raises a point though. Since according to the liberal sherpa:

Cultural appropriation is bad, but cultural appreciation is good. If something isn't from your own culture...you gotta bask in the glory of the culture it is from if you use it. You gotta appreciate it. You're racist if you don't.

Old Post May 4th, 2018 06:01 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon

If I see people talking with their hands; saying "scusami scusami" or "grazi mille", or pretending to shoot people with Tommy Guns, I don't get offended.

Because you're not even a real Italian-Italian stick out tongue

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 4th, 2018 06:39 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Robtard

Well that wasn't Racist at ALL!

Old Post May 4th, 2018 06:50 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard

I guess you have room to talk with your 62% (?) Italian-ness?

Old Post May 4th, 2018 06:53 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Surtur
Cultural appropriation is bad, but cultural appreciation is good. If something isn't from your own culture...you gotta bask in the glory of the culture it is from if you use it. You gotta appreciate it. You're racist if you don't.

To quote Judy Funny, "If nobody copied anybody, we'd all still be naked in a cave, grunting at each other."

"Cultural appropriation" is not a thing, and I am liberal. These people are . . . something else.

Old Post May 4th, 2018 07:59 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Without cultural appropriation how are we supposed to fill the void left from the horrible cultural decay that is occurring from some kids having two dads or a single mom, and fewer people believing in a city in the clouds for dead people who were good and kind hearted ghosts with big white wings?

Old Post May 4th, 2018 08:07 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Backfire you say? More like Buttfire...

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 4th, 2018 10:08 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ooo today Cinco de Mayo. I have plans to go to a mexican restaurant with a buffet.

I'm gonna appropriate the f*ck outta that culture.

Old Post May 5th, 2018 12:46 PM