KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What is Culture Appreciation!

What is Culture Appreciation!
Started by: SquallX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: What is Culture Appreciation!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX
I never understand when people screams this?!

Take a Black/Hispanics person that scream those words to whites! Do they understand whites can turn around and say the same thing to them too?

It seems that those in the West love to use those words without thinking it over. But does culture appreciation really exist, or are we just using the words just to use them?!

If you're white, it's appropriation.

The fact they have to rationalize "punching up" vs "punching down" is proof enough social politics aren't meant to play fair.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 5th, 2018 01:23 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 5th, 2018 02:58 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

This is what Leftists think is Culture App....either one.

Loony University REMINDS Students. Only those with Mayo Back Grounds may Celebarate the 5th of Mayo!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 5th, 2018 07:07 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just a few short hours until I attend a Mexican buffet.

Gonna 'propriate the f*ck outta the culture. Gonna specifically think of Norway when I'm eating Mexican food. Gonna think of Iceland and Switzerland too when I sip margaritas.

Old Post May 5th, 2018 07:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

I'm thinking you're gonna be culturally appropriating a toilet after that.

Old Post May 5th, 2018 07:17 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

If the Mexican food is good, it'll be worth it.

Old Post May 5th, 2018 07:22 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It better taste good. WTF would Speedy Gonzalez say if it wasn't good?!

Old Post May 5th, 2018 07:30 PM
BackFire

yo quiero taco bell?

Does the Chicago area have good mexican food? One of the worst parts of leaving southern california is that it immediately becomes harder to find good mexican food. I've been spoiled living here. I can drive a few blocks and get a massive delicious burrito for $5.

Old Post May 5th, 2018 07:59 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Or in your case BF, you have to travel to find Good Authentic American Food.

Your whole area has been Culturally and Geographically APPROPRIATED!

Old Post May 5th, 2018 08:06 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Or in your case BF, you have to travel to find Good Authentic American Food.

Your whole area has been Culturally and Geographically APPROPRIATED!

The only types of food we're really lacking here is good Italian food (namely Pizza) like NY, Boston and presumably Chicago has, and high quality bbq like Texas is known for. When I went to Boston last year it became very clear that around here we just don't have good Pizza and Italian food comparatively. The pizza there was out of this world. One of the reasons I want to go to Texas sometime is to try their BBQ. Everything else we've got plenty of.

Old Post May 5th, 2018 08:29 PM
Flyattractor

KC is the place for BBQ.

Old Post May 5th, 2018 08:35 PM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by BackFire
Does the Chicago area have good mexican food?

Carniceria Guanajuato is dope.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 04:29 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Cultural Appropriation is when a member of one culture uses or wears something that is generally associated with another culture. This is a very bad thing to do because it suggests that we're all children of God sharing a small planet together and should be able to borrow interesting customs and costumes from one another at will in a spirit of love and harmony. Who wants that?

Old Post May 7th, 2018 04:32 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Okay cultural appropriation: Some cracker wearing a traditional Native American necklace

Not okay cultural appropriation: Some cracker pretending to be Native American because they're 4% Cherokee

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 7th, 2018 04:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, there is no "not okay cultural appropriation".

It's all okay. Please leave America anyone who disagrees. I hear the UK is nice, just stay away from the nazi dog jokes.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 08:46 PM
SquallX

You know since I made this thread and I wasn’t active in it, I never payed attention that I **** up the title!

Old Post May 8th, 2018 12:43 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Robtard
Okay cultural appropriation: Some cracker wearing a traditional Native American necklace

Not okay cultural appropriation: Some cracker pretending to be Native American because they're 4% Cherokee
You got something to say to Johnny Depp?

Old Post May 8th, 2018 03:06 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gauntlet o doom

Another pointless thing for SJWs to be outraged about. There are actual issues that need attention like hunger, poverty, homelessness - wearing an outfit that's not of your culture is not one of them.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 03:26 AM
gauntlet o doom is currently offline Click here to Send gauntlet o doom a Private Message Find more posts by gauntlet o doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Cultural appropriation isn't real.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 04:07 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The lovely hills of Norway looked so majestic in my minds eye as I appropriated the mexican culture for myself.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 01:03 PM