KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Avengers: Infinity War spoilers

Avengers: Infinity War spoilers
Started by: Badabing

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

It was ok.

Lot I didn't like about it, thought the first was a lot better. Basically, I think the sum of its parts in individual movies are better, like Guardians of the Galaxy or Iron Man.

I mean, what actually happened? Same thing that happened in Revenge of the Fallen, with the length of the movie dedicated to this big bad.

Marvel movies are strong, because they're about characters. That sex offender Whedon was on the money about that, as was the Ronald D. Moore (Did he rape anyone yet? Give it time)

Avengers: IE was all about the epic. Stop Thanos. Get an axe. Protect Wakanda. It was one set piece after another.

Yeah, it had its character moments, but it wasn't character driven. The whole point of the movie was to set the the next movie, and that's just not something I need to watch again... Not like Iron Man and Stark getting started, or either of the Guardians movies, which is essentially Firefly. Ant Man and Wasp, that looks promising.

I realize I'm probably the only one on earth who feels this way, but this franchise is so strong, and people have been waiting so long for this. Kind of like Galactica Reimagined's finale.. It was terribly flawed, what with Kara Thrace being a magic angel that vanished behind Lee Adams's back, but most people overlooked that and were happy with what they got.

Only thing is, even that show delivered on the characters over plot ending... That's why the plot was nonsensical. It wasn't about how Kara Thrace survived being blown up in a ship, or about who the gods were, or what Earth is. It's about Bill Adama building his log cabin, and saying goodbye to his love before she dies of cancer. Moments like that.

None of those in IW. Just epic, stop the bad guy or people die.

So yeah, it was ok.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 12:11 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

^ sounds like a fair review. About time someone who is not a rabid fanboy described the movie.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 12:13 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Interesting take. And I'm usually big on character over spectacle as well. The only reason I'd disagree with cdtm is that he's looking at the movie on its own. I see it as building off of each individual/team movie that preceded it. So the character elements are already in place. Like, Tony doesn't need more development. Everything that's happened to him has arguably led to this movie. Same with Thor, whose character arc is either complete, or close to it. Same with at least half a dozen other characters. Yes, it's big on set pieces. But if you look at it as the penultimate act of the arc that has run throughout ALL MCU movies, I'm not sure that criticism holds up as well.

Last edited by Digi on May 23rd, 2018 at 01:22 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:18 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

So as long as you're willing to sit through dozens of hours of copy-paste swag movies for millenials you should find it less awful?

Fair trade I guess

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:21 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
So as long as you're willing to sit through dozens of hours of copy-paste swag movies for millenials you should find it less awful?

Fair trade I guess

Lol, I'm not here to argue with taste. I take it you're not a fan of the MCU? The movies aren't high art and can follow a formula at times, yes, but nearly all are entertaining in some way imo, some of them wildly so.

But like, yeah, the understanding is that this is a shared universe, and the movies aren't truly stand-alone even if some can be watched without context. The idea is to watch all of them. If you disagree across the board about their quality, then why concern yourself with IW at all? This is the culmination of many of those preceding arcs. And if you didn't care for them, it's probably not for you.

/srug

Last edited by Digi on May 23rd, 2018 at 01:28 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:23 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Bentley has a baguette stuffed so deep inside him, he couldn't focus on the movie.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:30 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

I could watch tom Holland's hamfisted death scene over and over.

So corny. Lol.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:31 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It was a tribute to Doctor Who.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:32 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Makes it even less serious.. Lol.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:34 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Bentley is just hurt that Kang hasn't made it into the MCU.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:42 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It was a tribute to Doctor Who.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Makes it even less serious.. Lol.

Not sure if it was a tribute. There was a single line from DW. But it's also generic enough in this situation that I'm not sure it's an overt homage. I haven't seen any interviews suggesting it is, at least.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:45 PM
Bentley
Seitei

I guess it's the fact that this goes into full "Harry Potter 8" sequel territory that I don't like the move. Most Marvel movies can be sort of watched on their own without truly losing their essence, the fact that the MCU happens to be a huge movie continuity kind of only makes it worse.

Originally posted by Parmaniac
Bentley is just hurt that Kang hasn't made it into the MCU.

And of course this.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:52 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Digi
Not sure if it was a tribute. There was a single line from DW. But it's also generic enough in this situation that I'm not sure it's an overt homage. I haven't seen any interviews suggesting it is, at least.

Holland is f*cking British and he had no script for the scene, he was allowed to improvise, afaik.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:58 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Holland is f*cking British and he had no script for the scene, he was allowed to improvise, afaik.

Fair enough, and you might be right, but DW is still a small part of the TV universe, big as it is. If Tony had said "you're fired" to someone in IM2, is it automatically an Apprentice reference?

This seems speculative to me, is all I'm saying. I'd probably say something akin to that line too if I knew [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I were about to be wiped from existence.

I guess it's the fact that this goes into full "Harry Potter 8" sequel territory that I don't like the move. Most Marvel movies can be sort of watched on their own without truly losing their essence, the fact that the MCU happens to be a huge movie continuity kind of only makes it worse.

Well then yeah, you have 99.99% of all other movies to enjoy. The MCU is quite explicitly building off of its various franchises, much in the same way that big comic events do. That's part of its appeal. Guess it's not for you, which is fine. Not everyone is going to respond in the same way.

Last edited by Digi on May 23rd, 2018 at 02:17 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 02:15 PM
Bentley
Seitei

I don't enjoy any movies, so your argument is terrible

Movie crossovers have existed since forever and even within the MCU they have been done without building a capable self-sufficient product. Arguably IW brings everything that is wrong with straight plot sequels without bringing any of the benefits, since it'll barely affect these franchises. The worse of two worlds thumb up

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 07:35 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I don't enjoy any movies, so your argument is terrible

laughing out loud

Bentley's just here to pee in our Cheerios. Cheers, bud! I hope Kang is the big bad of Phase 4 MCU.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 07:39 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

I finally watched your movie.

It was alright. I liked it. Nothing I felt I needed to watch though, so it was what I expected. You guys acted like I was missing the birth of all the firstborns
Shills shilling movies, eat my anus hair.

Movie Thor>comic Thor though

Old Post May 28th, 2018 11:14 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

What happened to your sig, Bran?

Old Post May 28th, 2018 11:20 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

It gave up just like my optimism for this movie blowing me away.

I wasn't even wearing socks and it still couldn't blow them off.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 11:23 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by SamZED If HISHE are going to make a "How it should have ended" they should include a scene about that and one with Doc Strange cutting off Thanos' arm/glove with a portal like he did to one of Thanos' generals earlier in the movie instead of making some elaborate plan that involves Mantis.

Originally posted by Sin I AM the mantis plan was fine actually

Originally posted by DarkSaint85 Yeah,it was working, until Quill went berserker. Not to mention, the movie has a built in HISHE counter, lol. Strange went through 14 million possible plans....and this was the only one that worked.

Originally posted by Sin I AM yea i was gonna say that...

So much for that HISHE counter. I can see into the future! My scenario goes as their number one option. evil face

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Last edited by SamZED on Jul 16th, 2018 at 09:10 PM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2018 09:08 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote