KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » My Xmen vs JLA

My Xmen vs JLA
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So can Susan Storm. So that argument has zero relevance. Unless you want to argue that MAgneto (with 15x human perceptions, as you pointed out) is light speed? So light is 15x human speed? OK.

That's like saying none of the attacks Hulk tanks are all that impressive, because his pants are still intact in all the artwork.

So a stupid argument.

@riv: yes, I agree. Speed is one thing - it's speed backed up by the offensive capability to capitalise on it.

I dont think you get it. You're asking me how much Juggernaut weigh not knowing that resistance is a factor which is a reason Superman isnt sent flying when Wonder Woman punch him. Superman is in a weight class that exceeds things like that and this the reason Flash cant punch a Beyonder across space. They are in a weight class that prevent things like that. Flash isnt achieving this. This is the reason Hulk and Red Hulk wasnt sent out of orbit when they were punching each other with planet shaking hits...

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/22...15-006.jpg.html

Resistance/durability.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on May 7th, 2018 at 10:27 AM

Old Post May 7th, 2018 10:22 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
I dont think you get it. You're asking me how much Juggernaut weigh not knowing that resistance is a factor which is a reason Superman isnt sent flying when Wonder Woman punch him. Superman is in a weight class that exceeds things like that. Which is the reason Flash cant punch a Beyonder across space. They are in a weight class that prevent things like that. Flash isnt achieving this. This is the reason Hulk and Red Hulk wasnt sent out of orbit when they were punching each other with planet shaking hits...

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/22...15-006.jpg.html

Resistance/durability.

Lol what does this have to do with my artwork argument?????????

????????

Go to bed, carver.

I will go through my post point by point, slowly for you.

You said the feat was hyperbole because we can see the flame from the gun etc.

My point was that it was just the artwork. Hulk's pants don't disintegrate, they are always drawn, we do NOT negate his showings just because the artists draw his pants.

Therefore, we shouldn't negate this feat just because of the artwork.

And then you start off on another tangent AGAIN, hoping no one catches you out.

Btw, with regards to Superman and being punched:

(please log in to view the image)

He can stop himself from flying off, because he has flight.

The White Martian also has flight. Didn't stop him.

And Juggy has.....no flight. He has PLENTY of durability. He wouldn't be KOed. He WOULDN'T EVEN BE SCRACTCHED.

But he would be in Africa. And has no way of coming home.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 10:31 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

You left BFR on, which means even the physically weakest on the JLA team (Flash) is able to IMP Juggernaut and BFR him? I agree.

This is what I am talking about. Our argument is straying away from this sentence it seems. I guess you conceded this argument. Let's move on to your hyperbole statement.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 10:36 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

This is what I am talking about. Our argument is straying away from this sentence it seems. I guess you conceded this argument. Let's move on to your hyperbole statement.

See above.

You had the chance to clarify if BFR was on or not. Guess you messed up.

We can swap Flash out for WW if you want. She has Flash-level speed too right? According to you:

quote:

Wonder Woman moving so fast that Superman was unable to detect her.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-3051005/

Able to enter the speed force under her own speed.

http://imgur.com/a/jS1uF

Wonder Woman blitz Pyramid and takes her out of orbit before anyone realized what happened. Hell, Flash didn't even see where Pyramid went along Martian Manhunter and other JLA'ers.

http://imgur.com/a/AcjEr

This is speed. If we need an example of how fast a White Martian can be, then I think this is a good example of that.

http://imgur.com/a/4lrc7 .... Was able to keep pace with Flash. Hell, at one point had an advantage.

Lets move on to reflexes since I did say I would be multitasking during the onset of my blitz because again, the distance between Scoobs and myself is nothing to me. I will cover that distance in no time. Hell, it took her to grab a Martian and carry her in space in almost an instant. To the point that some of the fastest speedsters didn't see her blitz off. So, now we are on reflexes. Wonder Woman beats this dude a** faster than thought (Scoobs thought). Faster than a heart beat. He is gone.

http://i.imgur.com/AikpUTv.jpg

I know, I know, pretty vague. Well, we do have the shattergod ft.

http://imgur.com/a/5dOoi

I know, I guess you're tired of looking at that showing as well. Well, Wonder Woman casually deflect these beams...

http://i.imgur.com/Wa9OIrw.jpg

How fast are these beams? They were made of LIGHT.

http://i.imgur.com/fqPHjsG.jpg

Here we have Wonder Woman intercepting heating vision and blocking all of them casually and this was being shot by Amazo (who had Superman and Wonder Woman super speed during the time... he didn't have her self aware reflexes though).

http://imgur.com/a/Gs9Od

Bell rings, WW blitzes all of them off the bat. Juggy gets sent into space (like she did with Primaid).

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on May 7th, 2018 at 10:43 AM

Old Post May 7th, 2018 10:38 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Wait, were you trying to mislead earlier??

Where does it say hard light metal??

Proteus isn't as fast as Superman.

This is the scene you posted. This is the slowest attosecond I've seen in my life. He goes faster than he have since Pa and the lady still reacts. We see the bullet still in the chamber with no fire around it. When Superman gets there, the bullets left the barrel already with fire around it. This wouldnt even happen if someone was achieving nano second speeds, let alone attosecond. Stop.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 10:42 AM
DarkSaint85

This is the scene you posted. This is the slowest attosecond I've seen in my life. He goes faster than he have since Pa and the lady still reacts. We see the bullet still in the chamber with no fire around it. When Superman gets there, the bullets left the barrel already with fire around it. This wouldnt even happen if someone was achieving nano second speeds, let alone attosecond. Stop.

Says it there, clear as day. You want to argue about it, sure. Let's BZ it.

You will argue using logic and science, how that cannot possibly be an attosecond because of XYZ (you can insert your arguements). Therefore, it is hyperbole (despite us clearly seeing the effects, and comics supporting this).

I will argue using logic and science, how random mutations in your DNA code cannot possibly give you control of the weather, or the EM spectrum, or of reality, because of XYZ (I will insert arguments later). Therefore, the entire concept of the X-men is hyperbole (despite us clearly seeing the effects, and comics supporting this).

You, of all people, are using artwork to support your arguments. Shall I argue that this scan:
https://imgur.com/a/5uAkN

Shows Hulk resisting a reality warping attack - but his shorts are still there! So that's all hyperbole?

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on May 7th, 2018 at 10:50 AM

Old Post May 7th, 2018 10:47 AM
carver9

Says it there, clear as day. You want to argue about it, sure. Let's BZ it.

You will argue using logic and science, how that cannot possibly be an attosecond because of XYZ (you can insert your arguements). Therefore, it is hyperbole (despite us clearly seeing the effects, and comics supporting this).

I will argue using logic and science, how random mutations in your DNA code cannot possibly give you control of the weather, or the EM spectrum, or of reality, because of XYZ (I will insert arguments later). Therefore, the entire concept of the X-men is hyperbole (despite us clearly seeing the effects, and comics supporting this).

You, of all people, are using artwork to support your arguments. Shall I argue that this scan:
https://imgur.com/a/5uAkN

Shows Hulk resisting a reality warping attack - but his shorts are still there! So that's all hyperbole?

Do you honestly ever see me on here doing BZ's? You know this which is the reason you're even mentioning this.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 11:04 AM
carver9

At the end of the day buddy, I enjoy statements because Hulk is full of them. So I'm guessing since you're accepting that statement, you'll accept this one as well?

Hulk, who can juggle a sun is powerful enough to take on a being capable of killing the entire Celestial race. Tony states that part of him knows that calling in the big boys, using his 25000 ft alien isnt enough to stop the Hulk. NOTHING WILL.

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19...04-002.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19...04-003.jpg.html

Here is Tony Celestial killer...

I hope we both agree on this since Tony IS one of the smartest men on the planet. Share your thoughts so I can post statements from Reed as well.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 11:27 AM
DarkSaint85

At the end of the day buddy, I enjoy statements because Hulk is full of them. So I'm guessing since you're accepting that statement, you'll accept this one as well?

Hulk, who can juggle a sun is powerful enough to take on a being capable of killing the entire Celestial race. Tony states that part of him knows that calling in the big boys, using his 25000 ft alien isnt enough to stop the Hulk. NOTHING WILL.

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19...04-002.jpg.html
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19...04-003.jpg.html

Here is Tony Celestial killer...

I hope we both agree on this since Tony IS one of the smartest men on the planet. Share your thoughts so I can post statements from Reed as well.

This is why you're the most weaselly hypocritical poster on this site.

Carver: look at this statement saying the Hulk is the bestest!

Poster: look at this statement saying Superman is fast!

Carver: No, hyperbole, look at the art.

Poster: Well....your statement also has differing art from the statement. You seem to accept that just fine.

Carver: LOOK AT THESE HULK STATEMENTS! HUH?? HUH???? ACCEPT THEM!

Look, carver, I think maybe you're...just not that bright? You are making my entire point for me.

You accept statements when it suits you. OK. Then if you do, then you have to accept the Superman attosecond feat. If you don't, 'because of the art', then hey, all of Hulk's feats are thrown out 'because of his drawn pants'.

You obviously accept the Hulk feats. So why not Superman's feats?

As for your other post:
Do you honestly ever see me on here doing BZ's? You know this which is the reason you're even mentioning this.

Do you want to battlezone this topic?

You seem content literally a few days ago to enter into A BZ. Different topic, I know, but your so-called aversion to BZs seems to be pretty fluid.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 11:34 AM
carver9

This is why you're the most weaselly hypocritical poster on this site.

Carver: look at this statement saying the Hulk is the bestest!

Poster: look at this statement saying Superman is fast!

Carver: No, hyperbole, look at the art.

Poster: Well....your statement also has differing art from the statement. You seem to accept that just fine.

Carver: LOOK AT THESE HULK STATEMENTS! HUH?? HUH???? ACCEPT THEM!

Look, carver, I think maybe you're...just not that bright? You are making my entire point for me.

You accept statements when it suits you. OK. Then if you do, then you have to accept the Superman attosecond feat. If you don't, 'because of the art', then hey, all of Hulk's feats are thrown out 'because of his drawn pants'.

You obviously accept the Hulk feats. So why not Superman's feats?

As for your other post:

You seem content literally a few days ago to enter into A BZ. Different topic, I know, but your so-called aversion to BZs seems to be pretty fluid.

Hulk pants, Superman suit, Wonder Woman top, Ironman armor getting blown off of him except his bottom, Wolverine clothing getting blasted off of him except for his bottom, this happens because comics cant have penises and breast showing throughout their comics. Kids does read these things. Other companies probably doesn't care but Disney does. Arguments like this is considered hiding. I think at this point we need to agree to disagree because this isnt going anywhere.

I dont know how that argument is helping you by the way. I tend to argue a lot for the Hulk, I have even mentioned this ft before in the ownage thread along with Hulk being compared to the Phoenix force. Everyone knows statements isnt always legit and I sure as hell wouldnt give Hulk a win against a Celestial killer or the Phoenix Force. Fancy statements my friend but I see it like this. If we can accept one statement, why not accept them all? Get what I'm saying? This is called being fair.

Last edited by carver9 on May 7th, 2018 at 12:03 PM

Old Post May 7th, 2018 11:51 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

can't argue with that logic. carver carving up ds. again. thumb up

Old Post May 7th, 2018 12:02 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

This discussion needs to be added to Carver's respect thread.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 7th, 2018 12:10 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pillow Biter

Rating this fight in terms of how it is likely to be portrayed in a comic, the Xmen appear to have have a raw power edge at first glance.

Classic Juggernaut
God Cable
Exodus
Magneto (classic)
Xman

Are all elite-top tier level powerhouses. That's 5 for the Xmen.

The JLA only has 4:

Superman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Green Lantern

However, this is somewhat evened out by the fact that Flash and Aquaman are both much more formidable than Storm.

The key factors seem to be:

1) Juggernaut: Just how invulnerable will he be portrayed as?

2) Superman: How much higher than elite top tier level will the writer let Superman ascend to, if at all, when or if he starts dropping the gloves?

3) Hal Jordan: What level will Hal be portrayed at? I'd say that over the last 15 years, GLs--even the elite ones--have seemed to drop in stock slowly but steadily, and often seemed to be borderline elite top tier at best. However, right now Hal is kicking serious ass in the GL books and has been for a while. They have even explained his superior performance explicitly. However, the key test of a powerup becoming accepted is for it to start showing up in other books than their own. Thus far, I haven't seen much evidence for more formidable GLs, or a more formidable Hal, in other DC books.

In general, I think this will follow typical comic book conventions. Certain power types tend to be unrealistically prioritized over others (strength over speed, etc.), and power set matchup-based advantages that should result in easy, one-sided wins will not be exploited at all, or will at best be allowed to provide a minor edge. I doubt speed nor TP would be allowed to decide the match. Comic fights are biased towards raw, tangible power: strength, durability, raw energy blasts, etc. over more realistic but exotic power uses.

In the above vein, Flash would likely perform as the high mid-tier that he normally is shown to be as. Aquaman would be in the same category, though he is much more formidable than he used to be.

I'm on the fence as to which side I would choose. The Xmen may have a bit more raw power, unless Superman gets frisky; but the Superman factor is somewhat balanced by the fact that Juggernaut could be written as truly invulnerable, and BFR is not always used right away. In fact, BFR isn't used that often in comics, despite it typically being a very effective tactic. However, a truly-invulnerable Juggernaut tends to force a writers hand at some point on this score, resulting in a much greater chance BFR will be used against him.

In the end, I might still lean JLA because of teamwork, experience, grit and a higher ceiling. Superman is very dynamic in power. GLs also seem to be innately dynamic given their power is based on will, which can fluctuate and spike more than physical muscles can. Additionally, the Flash often plays out of his typical mid-tier level and plays with and defeats the big boys. Finally, Aquaman has gotten a lot of push over the last few years and with his Trident, is also able to throw down with the big boys from time to time.

Non the abovementioned increased or higher performance levels are necessarily the norm for those characters, but they are all fairly frequent occurrences.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 01:01 PM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by Baziemarc123
That's pretty stupid. I don't know how you can argue lantern or Diana beating Thor
A massively faster character with a sword that cuts Darkseid beating a slowpoke who she can just stab in the eyes? Yeah, that's hard to wrap around.

Hal can simply make a construct separating Thor from Mjolnir, and blast him into pieces, or pierce him, or make constructs inside of his body etc.

a hypersonic feat?
A massively faster than light feat.

Mags was able to lock onto Kitty Pryde's unique EM signature even though she was inside of an Intergalactic Bullet that was moving in hyperspace (which is WAAAAAAAAAAY faster than MMMMMMFTL.) at least a galaxy away. He did this before the High Evolutionary's long range scanners/sensors even sensed the bullet.:

https://arousinggrammardotcom.files...edemption30.jpg
I can look at jets flying overhead at supersonic speeds, too. I couldn't dodge a bullet [or a punch] coming in that fast from a few hundred feet away. Tracking something from far away, and reacting to it attacking you are two very different things.

at base levels, Mag's reaction time is 15Xs faster than a Normal Human. By tapping into magnetic fields, he can amp this to well over a million Xs faster. Stark learned this the hard way when he used millions of magnets against Magneto. Here's the scan where his reaction time/thought process time was amped up over 100,000Xs faster

https://imgur.com/rjDk5zN
What is this shit? What's next, Firestorm is the fastest being in comics by transmutating trillions of trillions of atoms?

that feat of Superman is nowhere near lightspeed. - I've calced it out, and while it is FAST (stupidly, ridiculously fast), one could do it considerably under lightspeed. Like, a lot.

How much do you wanna bet that my calculations are better than yours?

Would you bet a self-ban on it?

What makes me laugh in that scan you have above is Clark talking about it buying her an Attosecond. Clearly the writer has no idea how minute amount of time an attosecond is. It's stupid, because the bullet is basically frozen if we're counting Attoseconds (and will be frozen, essentially without getting anywhere, since it is travelling roughly 2.8E-13 MILLIMETERS in an attosecond, which means if it's 5mm to her skull out of the barrel of the gun (I think it's 10mm, but let's go with 5), it'll take the damn bullet ~17 800 000 000 000 attoseconds for it to hit her skull (<-- some numbers here might be off, because this is a quick and dirty calculation, but you get the idea). So her 'buying an attosecond' is somewhat meaningless, here. And smells like BS.

Also because Clark doesn't do stuff in 'Attoseconds'. He's not THAT fast.

And if he was fast enough to work in attoseconds? He could have sat down, read a book or five, left to go pick up something on the other side of the world, come back...and the bullet still wouldn't have appreciably moved further in its journey.

I don't think you understand the difference between acceleration/flight speed, and actual perception time.

Flight and superspeed/perception are two different things.

I assume you're familiar with Green Lanterns, no?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post May 7th, 2018 01:28 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seriously, Team 1 can stomp with telepathy.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 01:35 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by RealityWarper
Seriously, Team 1 can stomp with telepathy.

This man is a genius. People forgot about telepathy which is the reason I kept saying LOOK AGAIN. That's the main factor here and they are fighting some of the best telepathies in comics. Wouldn't say a stomp but it does play a HUGE factor in this fight.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 01:38 PM
carver9

They are fighting against beings that can use telepathy and battle at their prime at the same time. That's a dangerous combo because you'll primarily defending against telepathy while getting attacked by elite power, all at the same time.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 01:41 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

This man is a genius. People forgot about telepathy which is the reason I kept saying LOOK AGAIN. That's the main factor here and they are fighting some of the best telepathies in comics. Wouldn't say a stomp but it does play a HUGE factor in this fight.

Superman is shit against psionic powers. ^^

Old Post May 7th, 2018 01:43 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

They are fighting against beings that can use telepathy and battle at their prime at the same time. That's a dangerous combo because you'll primarily defending against telepathy while getting attacked by elite power, all at the same time.
How good is their telepathy while unconscious and bleeding in the upper atmosphere/Mars?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post May 7th, 2018 01:44 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

You know what? Speed of thought is 30m/s. It's an ACTUAL forum rule:

quote:
Concerning Superspeed
It's said that the speed of thought is about 30 m/s.
Note that it's meters per second, not miles
Reference:http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2002/DavidParizh.shtml

That's human speed of thought.

Now, just ASSUMING that we are going to bring science and logic into this. Let's assume for an attosecond (lol) that we are going to sit down and analyse things like gun speeds and bullet speeds and when exactly one sees a muzzle flash (lol).

Let's ignore what's been shown on panel (lol). Let's ignore all of that, and say hey, bullets don't work like that in real life, it must be a back to the future bullet (lol).

After ALL that....we are left with some humans with human level 30 meters per second thought impulses....

And the Flash.

And WW, who has entered the SF on her own and has blitzed opponents who Superman couldn't etc etc, with a super sharp sword and super sharp skills.

And Superman, who, whilst no WW in reflexes, is FASTER than her in raw speed.

And Aquaman, who can leap 10,000 feat per second (through water, which, as we all know, is denser and harder to move through than air). That's 3,048 meters per second, btw. So 100 times faster than the nerve impulses in the X-men.

ASSUMING we ignore what's been shown on panel, and let's just use science and logic. Slowest attosecond I've ever seen in my life, says the Carver.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on May 7th, 2018 at 02:02 PM

Old Post May 7th, 2018 01:55 PM