KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » As a liberal/conservative if you had to give up one policy in exchange for another?

As a liberal/conservative if you had to give up one policy in exchange for another?
Started by: CentaurSuperman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Perhaps you are correct DDM. Honestly, I couldn't care less what people do to themselves. My worry is that just because it goes right in some countries, we assume it will go right here. To be fair, I am assuming it will go wrong. My hope is that you are correct.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 07:55 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by socool8520
Perhaps you are correct DDM. Honestly, I couldn't care less what people do to themselves.

Excellent, we are on the same page, I believe. I care more about personal freedom than I do the ability to impose my beliefs on others.

My worry is that just because it goes right in some countries, we assume it will go right here. To be fair, I am assuming it will go wrong. My hope is that you are correct.

And this is fair. I cannot argue with this. In the US, at least...I think you're right. We'd probably **** it up because of the partisan quackery. You know one of the sides will just HAVE to inject their bullshit into it just for the purposes of messing it up. We saw that with Obamacare. It was originally supposed to be a UHC solution. It was almost mutilated to the point of failing.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 07:58 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by dadudemon
Excellent, we are on the same page, I believe. I care more about personal freedom than I do the ability to impose my beliefs on others.

And this is fair. I cannot argue with this. In the US, at least...I think you're right. We'd probably **** it up because of the partisan quackery. You know one of the sides will just HAVE to inject their bullshit into it just for the purposes of messing it up. We saw that with Obamacare. It was originally supposed to be a UHC solution. It was almost mutilated to the point of failing.

We do agree on personal freedoms over my personal beliefs. It's why I am pro abortion. I wouldn't do it personally, but I can't tell someone else what to do with their body.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 08:06 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

We do agree on personal freedoms over my personal beliefs. It's why I am pro abortion. I wouldn't do it personally, but I can't tell someone else what to do with their body.

Yup, I am the same on abortion.

I would prefer no abortions after first trimester, however, as I think it crosses my threshold of dealing with just the mother's rights vs. the unborn child's right to life.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 09:03 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Oh, and SquallX, you're right about evil people, too. It's not that we disagree on the underlying things. We don't. We just disagree on what might be the best path to solve those underlying things.

I personally think that better access to free healthcare and mental healthcare will help with our violence problems. It won't solve it. But it will help with it. The UHC solution MUST include mental health. And America needs to mature on their perspective of mental healthcare. We need to view it as "getting my annual checkup." Instead of, "Well..only crazy people need to see a shrink."

Agree. Just because we have different views, doesn’t mean we can’t engage each other.

I don’t fully agree with the free healthcare. That money has to come from somewhere. I wish we could give everyone the care they deserve, but with our population, we’ll end up being broke pretty quickly.

I also don’t think we need more mental checks then the ones we have, but better family values starting at a young age. Kids these days have no values. It seems the more technology we develop, the more our values wane, and the more kids grows up to be little shits thinking they are deservant of shits.

And yes, they truly are some sick ****s out there.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 12:36 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Yup, I am the same on abortion.

I would prefer no abortions after first trimester, however, as I think it crosses my threshold of dealing with just the mother's rights vs. the unborn child's right to life.

We should open a thread about abortions actually. I have certain views on it, especially the consent of both parents being involve.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 12:39 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote