KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Cobra Kai

Cobra Kai
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Cobra Kai

Official thread for the new YouTube Red series.

Let the discussion begin!!

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 12:44 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

laughing out loud

Old Post May 7th, 2018 01:05 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

One of the best-written series ever made. Amazingly it manages to pay tribute to the movie (and the 80s) while poking fun at it. And characters' growth are exceptional. A funny, fantastic series.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 05:30 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I've heard nothing but good things. May have to watch at some point.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 08:51 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I loved this series and can’t wait for season 2. That final scene from the last episode!

Cheesy nostalgia at its best.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 9th, 2018 12:48 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

I actually really enjoyed it. The trailers for it made me think that it was just going to be nothing but jokes and shitting on the original's legacy, etc., and while there is some of that, it still is respectful and pays homage. When they are ribbing on things it's done in a loving way, and it is much more respectful of the original movie than the trailers would lead you to believe.

Old Post May 9th, 2018 01:56 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Mike Barnes rumored to be returning for season 2.

https://youtu.be/xbZbT4H18wM

Old Post May 9th, 2018 10:35 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

This show has been renewed for a 2nd season already.

Old Post May 11th, 2018 12:02 AM
cdtm

The two freebies and the previews just aren't selling me.

TBH, Karate Kid in general isn't a crown jewel of my childhood. Yeah, I enjoyed it, but it's no Rocky or Superman. No real call for a continuation or sequel.

Hell, I was more on board for those Steet Fighter post tournament fan films years ago, with Zangief running an arcade. Or even that SF Legacy fan film.. And I don't even like Street Fighter.

And this doesn't come anywhere near the quality of those Mortal Kombat YouTube videos. More of an SNL sketch then anything (How I hate SNL..)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on May 11th, 2018 at 02:27 AM

Old Post May 11th, 2018 02:18 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Mike Barnes rumored to be returning for season 2.

https://youtu.be/xbZbT4H18wM

I want Karate Ross to be the final boss in Season 2.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 11th, 2018 08:51 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by cdtm
The two freebies and the previews just aren't selling me.

TBH, Karate Kid in general isn't a crown jewel of my childhood. Yeah, I enjoyed it, but it's no Rocky or Superman. No real call for a continuation or sequel.

I actually have about zero nostalgia for it as well. I just legitimately enjoyed Cobra Kai enough that that didn't matter. I don't think nostalgia for the original is a pre-req. Knowing the basics of the plot(s) certainly helps, though.

But no show will be for everybody.

Old Post May 11th, 2018 11:27 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have some nostalgia for the movie, plus the video game. I've seen the first episode only cuz I think you need to pay to see the rest.

But at one point Johnny says Daniel won that final point via an illegal move. Was that true?

Old Post May 11th, 2018 02:02 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

"USANKF Sport Karate Rules (which the All Valley Karate Tournament would have most certainly been using) Article 8 states: "Traditional Karate techniques delivered full-power can cause extremely serious injury, even death. Karate competition is a sport, and for that reason some of the most dangerous techniques are banned and all techniques must be controlled." The crane kick is not only considered a dangerous technique - but Daniel completed it full force, with zero restraint or control. Boom - disqualified."

https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/www....el-larusso/amp/

Old Post May 11th, 2018 03:48 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

When I initially heard this show was happening, my only thought was, "Why? Just why?" But based on all the positive things I have been reading across various sites, I might actually have to give it a go.

Old Post May 11th, 2018 06:35 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
When I initially heard this show was happening, my only thought was, "Why? Just why?" But based on all the positive things I have been reading across various sites, I might actually have to give it a go.

I am 99% sure you will love it.

Old Post May 11th, 2018 07:44 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

I had the same thought, but I gave it a chance and it was pleasantly surprising. It's a nice twist that the bully from the first film gets a lot of focus and is the one doing the training of the young bullied kid.

Old Post May 11th, 2018 09:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Surtur
I have some nostalgia for the movie, plus the video game. I've seen the first episode only cuz I think you need to pay to see the rest.

But at one point Johnny says Daniel won that final point via an illegal move. Was that true?
In the trailer while Johnny was at Daniels dealership one of the workers asks Danny if that was the guy who's ass he kicked to which Daniel replied that he technically kicked his face. Johnny says that it was an illegal kick. Danny then says right before you gave me an illegal elbow. Johnny comes back says that he lost a point with his move and Daniel won the fight with his illegal kick.

Johnny has a point. It's also interesting if you watch the show to hear Johnny's perspective of the events of the original Karate Kid movie. Johnny thinks Daniel started it all by throwing the first punch.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 02:15 AM
Panzerlock

If you ship Hawk and Moon, they become "Hawkmoon"... or "Moonhawk". Both of which sound like a totally awesome 80's cartoon character. Like someone who would fight with the ThunderCats!

Old Post May 13th, 2018 08:36 PM
Panzerlock is currently offline Click here to Send Panzerlock a Private Message Find more posts by Panzerlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

what a dumb show.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 05:11 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's awesome. It's already getting a 2nd season.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 05:21 PM