KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Cobra Kai

Cobra Kai
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I'm waiting for the eventual team up of Johnny and Daniel which should be epic if done right.

That will likely be the plot of S3, Johnny and Daniel combine Miyagi-Do and Johnny's Cobra Kai into "Miyagi-Kai", to take down the OG Cobra Kai.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 7th, 2019 11:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Haven't seen it all yet, but what if [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Kreese somehow brainwash's Daniel, and Johnny needs to save him?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 8th, 2019 12:43 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

That would never happen, Daniel is protected from that with decades of Miyagi-Do mediation and mental fortification

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 8th, 2019 04:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Second season was really good. Not quite as good as the first overall, but the ending was outstanding. Can't wait for the third.

Old Post May 14th, 2019 07:56 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Be honest, when they cornered Demetri, who was saying "Get him! Get him!" to the TV?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 26th, 2019 02:00 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's awesome, and far better as a show than ot has any right tp be

Old Post May 27th, 2019 04:24 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
It's awesome, and far better as a show than ot has any right tp be

thumb up Nostalgic without being "so bad it's good" hokey. A hard balance to maintain, but they managed it.

....I still wanted to see Demetri get it, though. Yes, Hawk got what was coming to him, but that doesn't make Demetri in any way better then the passive aggressive jerk that he is.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2019 09:23 PM
Impediment
Endless

I recently binged season two and I want season three now!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 07:26 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Well I want season 4!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 07:44 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

meh not enough nostalgia for me to like this.. its just same old story between too old farts who can't grow up

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 09:27 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Had this on my queue for awhile, but finally caught up. thumb up Season 3 comes early January, so not too far off now.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2020 04:06 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Season 3 comes out January 8th on netflix. The latest trailer:

So Chozen from KK2 shows up, as does Kumiko.

I really wish they would bring Terry Silver the villain from KK3. Dude was a rich businessman(a lex luthor type) who also was a karate expert who fought in Vietnam with John Kreese. At one point Silver utters the line "for the next few weeks my only business is revenge" lol. He's awesome.

Anyone who enjoyed this show should check out KK2 and KK3 before the next season premieres. All 3 KK films are free on amazon prime/imdb tv. KK2 goes more into the backstory of Mr. Miyagi and it takes place mostly in Okinawa. KK3 will explain what the characters were referring to when they talk about Daniel joining Cobra Kai and Kreese faking his death.

Anyone who hasn't seen it should at least watch part 2 so you know who Chozen and Kumiko are.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2020 09:52 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Yea I need to watch KK 2 and 3 againe to get refreshed.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2020 10:19 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, during the wait for season 3, I had already checked out KK part 2 and 3 again earlier on. Definitely agree on Terry Silver. That was my first hope for a return which I can see still happening at some point. Chozen I definitely was not expecting though, but not complaining either. Curious as to how they will set him up in the show.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2020 10:22 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why would Kumiko AND Chozen show up at the same time?

Did they end up getting married or something?! There has to be a connection.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 12th, 2020 at 10:28 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2020 10:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I'm guessing Sato dies and Daniel goes back to Japan for the funeral.

As for Silver goes I think he was name dropped in season 1.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2020 04:19 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

KK3 is important to understand just why Cobra Kai triggers Daniel so much.

It is the worst of the 3 movies, but Silver makes it worth it.

And yes in season 1 Silver's name is brought up by the board of that karate tournament when they explain why Cobra Kai was banned and Johnny says he has no idea who he even is.

Which is another important thing to note: Johnny doesn't know just how low Cobra Kai can go. He doesn't know about what Silver and Kreese did to Daniel.

There is this line on the KK wiki about Silver when it comes to season 3:

"In December 2019, Martin Kove (Kreese's actor) mentioned that Kreese could see his old war buddy soon, which is likely another indication that Silver will appear."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2020 09:16 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Refuse to watch The Next Karate Kid tho, f*ck that movie. There isn't anything redeemable about it, KK3 is bad, but it at least had Terry Silver and Daniel screaming "This is the 80s" at Mr. Miyagi at one point.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2020 09:57 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Would say The Next Karate Kid was the lesser evil compared to the generic 2010 reboot. Enjoyed seeing Miyagi in it one last time, and Michael Ironside was amusing as the villain as you'd expect, though he was no Kreese.

The only character I would not really want to see again or be brought back is Mike Barnes. I know he was Terry Silver's student but the dude was straight up unlikable compared to Larusso's other rivals.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2020 02:26 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have never seen the reboot.

All I know is the next karate kid had dancing monks.

Btw rumor is series will premiere new years day now and not the 8th...

Old Post Dec 15th, 2020 01:07 AM