KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » (VOTE IN POLL!) DE Luke Skywalker vs DE Palpatine - Lightsabers only

LIGHTSABERS / FORCE AUGMENTATION ONLY.
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
DE Luke Skywalker stomps. 3 16.67%
DE Luke Skywalker wins in a good fight. 3 16.67%
DE Luke Skywalker wins in a close fight. 1 5.56%
Either way. 0 0%
DE Palpatine wins in a close fight. 3 16.67%
DE Palpatine wins in a good fight. 3 16.67%
DE Palpatine stomps. 5 27.78%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

(VOTE IN POLL!) DE Luke Skywalker vs DE Palpatine - Lightsabers only
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Freedon Nadd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Geistalt
Well, that cements Nadd as the biggest Sidious lowballer on the forum.

And this cements him as the biggest Sidious hater on the forum.

Hardly a newbie, considering Luke was stronger than Vader by RotJ and got 7 more years' worth of training by DE.

1. My lowballing makes sense, though. But you are right I am one of his biggest haters since he is pretty much a one-dimensional character.

2. Luke was definitely not stronger by Vader. Vader was holding back.
In fact, let's see the main enemies he faced:
1. Flint
Both were equally matched
2. Vader
Vader held back
3. Nick Rostu
Nick was being mind-controlled by Cronal.
Cronal is not a lightsabre combat expert. His area of expertise is in Sith magic and alchemy.
4. Lumiya
She admitted much herself that it was her rare weapon and 'high ground' points that allowed her to beat Luke. That's why she lost in their last duel. No advantageous terrain point, Luke was angry as well, and already was familiar with her style. His enhanced physical strength - also helped a lot.

Even if you still want to think Luke>Vader back then fair and square. You are further proving my point that one doesn't have to be a fully-fledged lightsabre master to hold his ground against a fully-fledged lightsabre combat expert.

All in all: If you think that a 6 years old Luke>Sidious in lightsabre combat despite his enormous praise, then you are further proving me that Sidious sucks with a lightsabre. If it's the other way around: You are further proving me how inaccurate handbooks and sourcebooks are when it comes to in-universe interpretation.

But have it your way. 👊🏻👆🏻👉🏻👍🏻

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post May 8th, 2018 02:18 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

You'd like to play make-believe and think that one of the greatest lightsaber duelists of all time, equal to Mace and Yoda, is a worse lightsaber duelist than Vitiate, ofc

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 03:01 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

And none of it has anything to do with the thread.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post May 8th, 2018 03:13 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jaggarath
My thoughts: I doubt the intent was that Luke disarmed Palpatine principally because of Leia's aid, but Veitch has also noted that the idea of Palpatine being the supreme OG wasn't established until the prequel trilogy - meaning Palpatine's high-level mastery of everything wasn't being considered. However, it's now hard to reconcile Luke's victory given his poor performances in everything until the end of New Jedi Order, even if we assume Palpatine's lightsaber skills dwindled. Overall, I'm willing to overemphasize Leia's suspect influence to make more sense of the fight and assume Palpatine wins in a good fight otherwise.

TUF reveals Luke has avoided using his full power since DE. With that in mind, I say this fight is 50/50.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2018 02:50 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I vaguely recall that, but quote? I know there's a handful of quotes like that too about certain points in Luke's life. We should find them.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2018 03:06 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote