KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Are men the reason for all of society's problems?

Are men the reason for all of society's problems?
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

Behind every Evil Man there is an even MORE EVIL Woman.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 06:46 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
How many genocides have been led by women?

What about extermination campaigns (where an entire city is razed to the ground and all people slaughtered)?

I cannot think of any.

Not saying women are better or less violent. But it would seem the most extreme of human atrocities are not ever committed by women.

Edit - I google searched this. I could not find an example. I know many women have been military leaders but I am not finding the atrocities under a female. I thought I could find SOMETHING under Cleopatra. Or Mary I (Bloody Mary). But, naah...nothing like their male counterparts.

Well it doesn't appear there were that many female leaders so it's going to be skewed don't you think? Not saying

I will say I was surprised to see how many women run brothels or are involved in sex trafficking rings. I think given the chance, they would do their fair share of terrible things.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 06:49 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

#NotAllMen

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post May 7th, 2018 07:00 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

#JustAllWHiteMen

Old Post May 7th, 2018 07:05 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Women are just as evil as men are, worse yet, their more sneaky then men.

How many disputes started because a woman whispered in their husbands ears?

Old Post May 7th, 2018 07:15 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

If Women did rule the world. I do belive there would be Less and Fewer Wars, but I do believe Assassinations would be way, WAY Up!

Old Post May 7th, 2018 07:17 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, we aren't.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 08:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SquallX
Women are just as evil as men are, worse yet, their more sneaky then men.

How many disputes started because a woman whispered in their husbands ears?

I remember seeing women whine at the idea of an all female lord of the flies. Saying women would never behave that way.

That shit is f*cking laughable lol. Women are so catty to each other...they tear each other down far more often than men. It is true a female lord of the flies would look different: the women wouldn't survive as long.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 08:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's true that women tend to be more hostile to other women than men are to other men.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post May 7th, 2018 09:08 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gauntlet o doom

While I believe it's more societal - men aren't islands unto themselves - I do think guys have caused a majority (not all) of society's problems however, that being said, guys have also been the cause of most of humankind's innovations, advancements, thinking and improvements. While they've driven most of the negatives in history, they've also been the drivers of most of the positives. It's not a great example, but did anyone see that season of Survivor where the contestants were divided by gender? The men got more done, logistically speaking (camp, awesome shelter, fire, food, water), but they also had contentions within the group; while the women had a rudimentary roof hung between trees as their shelter, and half of them basically sat around on the beach. Men, in their role as hunters and providers, got more done with their goal oriented mindset. The down side of this goal oriented mindset is clashing with other men who may have different goals. Women, as carers and supporters, got less done within the camp but they had a relatively more harmonious relationship within the tribe. Now, I'm not saying that women are less capable or less intelligent but perhaps the motivation to "do better" and "have more" may be more prevalent in males; and this drive creates conflicts.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 11:38 PM
gauntlet o doom is currently offline Click here to Send gauntlet o doom a Private Message Find more posts by gauntlet o doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Surtur
I remember seeing women whine at the idea of an all female lord of the flies. Saying women would never behave that way.

That shit is f*cking laughable lol. Women are so catty to each other...they tear each other down far more often than men. It is true a female lord of the flies would look different: the women wouldn't survive as long.

Best example is the Bear Gryll show. It shows perfectly how manipulative women really are. It was men Vs women on in island. It shows the men working together, while the women were useless.

But the second they took a woman and put her with the men, she begins using her sex to get somewhere. And when they sent one of the guys to the women sides, they began to try and worm the way to the guy sides so they could have it better.

I’ll say this, men may have done some ****ed up shits, but females are just as bad.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 11:53 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are women more prone to manipulating b/c they also tend to have higher social intelligence than men?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post May 8th, 2018 12:08 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gauntlet o doom

^ I believe that's a woman's weapon of choice. Men have to develop a higher sense of emotional intelligence to see through and recognise when they're being manipulated. A majority of men don't develop this sense. Women, however, see when other women are doing this so it could lead to contentions between the sisterhood.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 12:21 AM
gauntlet o doom is currently offline Click here to Send gauntlet o doom a Private Message Find more posts by gauntlet o doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Kurk
Are women more prone to manipulating b/c they also tend to have higher social intelligence than men?

I think so, that’s why most females prefers to work for men Vs women.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 12:41 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

lol none of you are in Kurk's league

Kurk putting Putin's troll army to shame, playing 4d chan while you all are playing yahoo answers

Old Post May 8th, 2018 12:51 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

A while back when I said I was indulging in classical feminist theory, someone (can't remember the username) warned me that like Exar Kun or Count Dooku, two individuals who thought they could master the dark-side of the force without being drawn into its grasp in order to use their opponent's weapon against them, I would fall victim to these powerful feminist theories. Well, unfortunately it seems to have happened.

Well, to begin with the list of problems is the fact that you actually consider the philosophy of Star Wars to be a well founded one. Instead of the 3rd grade philosophy that falls apart upon even an iota of scrutiny. "Only a Sith deals in absolutes!" Obi-Wan said while make an absolute statement. Guess Obi-Wan just admitted to being a Sith.

Men are insecure/frustrated beings who feel oppressing women (who don't have these issues) and other less masculine males is the only way to feel relieve themselves of these feelings. All societies in history were built off this notion.

The idea that women don't have insecurity or frustration is insane. If that were the case then Elizabeth Bathory aka the Blood Countess or the Mad Monarch of Madagascar wouldn't be figures in history. Bathory killed 650 young girls, brutally. Not ordered guards to do it. She tortured them and murdered them. The Monarch (Ranavalona) killed 75% of her population. Those are two examples out of many, many more. So the idea that this is a uniquely man-only quality and that women are free from this is absurd.

Anyway, is masculinity the root of most of society's problems?

No. If that were true then these stats wouldn't exists:

63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes
90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes
85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes
80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes
71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes

I can keep going. All facts come from the Center for Disease Control, Justice & Behavior, and the National Principals Association Report. If you want to explain that masculinity is the root of problems then you're gonna have to explain why the absence of a masculine figure leads to young men being worse off on average.

Do you agree that men by nature feel the need to oppress other individuals; or at the very least express their agression?

No. Men, by nature, need purpose and meaning through responsibility. Life is suffering and suffering can make you resentful, murderous, and then genocidal, if you take it far enough. Responsibility. That's what gives life meaning. The message we're giving to young boys is you're pathological and oppressive which leads many to abandon responsibility. And rightfully so. If you're not even going to give credit for boys bearing responsibility then why should they play? It's a bad idea. It leads to self contempt and nihilism.

Are the masculine qualities of emotional suppression, "toughness", stoicism, aggression, overconfidence, competitiveness, low agreeableness, etc antiquated in the 21st century?

Likewise are the feminine qualities of compassion, empathy, high agreeableness, sociability, etc more conducive to a safe and securer society?

No and no. You need both. If you had nothing but compassion then you do nothing to discipline those who require it. And empathy is one of the worst things you can bring to the table when writing laws and policies. And high agreeableness means you can't say no. That's bad. You need the ability to say no because otherwise you cannot negotiate on your behalf. And if you can't negotiate on your behalf then you will constantly lose and that can lead to resentment.

Thinking back to historical events, it seems that almost every conflict was caused due to a manifestation of masculine traits:

Misunderstanding due to hindered communication skills; low agreeableness, ego-stroking, the pursuit of power, overwhelming need for control, etc.

You're conflating the hyper masculine with the masculine and simply demonizing the idea of the masculine while ignoring the fact that Europe's queens were 27% more likely than its kings to wage war, according to a National Bureau of Economics paper (authored by Oeindrila Dube and S.P. Harish). But you want to attribute all the negatives to men and only give the positives to women.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 03:18 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Holy shit my dude, do you also watch and read Dr. Jordan Peterson? Because everything you just said is pretty compelling.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Last edited by Emperordmb on May 8th, 2018 at 03:23 PM

Old Post May 8th, 2018 03:20 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Holy shit my dude, do you also watch and read Dr. Jordan Peterson? Because everything you just said is pretty compelling.

I studied psychology at university. So it comes from Piaget, William James, Carl Rogers, Yung, and the like. I've seen Peterson on Joe Rogan and from what I've heard I really like him.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 03:42 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by gauntlet o doom
While I believe it's more societal - men aren't islands unto themselves - I do think guys have caused a majority (not all) of society's problems however, that being said, guys have also been the cause of most of humankind's innovations, advancements, thinking and improvements. While they've driven most of the negatives in history, they've also been the drivers of most of the positives. It's not a great example, but did anyone see that season of Survivor where the contestants were divided by gender? The men got more done, logistically speaking (camp, awesome shelter, fire, food, water), but they also had contentions within the group; while the women had a rudimentary roof hung between trees as their shelter, and half of them basically sat around on the beach. Men, in their role as hunters and providers, got more done with their goal oriented mindset. The down side of this goal oriented mindset is clashing with other men who may have different goals. Women, as carers and supporters, got less done within the camp but they had a relatively more harmonious relationship within the tribe. Now, I'm not saying that women are less capable or less intelligent but perhaps the motivation to "do better" and "have more" may be more prevalent in males; and this drive creates conflicts.

Men caused most of societies problems, but there is a huge asterisk there. Women, for a long long time..didn't have the kind of power and opportunities men had. This doesn't mean if the roles were reversed they wouldn't have messed up society just as badly. They just weren't given the chance to do so. So what you said is true, but not in the context of "this is the case cuz women are just better".

And I did see some Naked and Afraid, I remember one girl whining about being expected to do as much work as the men.(And like good cucks, they allowed her to not pull her own weight).

I hate the type of people who want equality only when it benefits them. Feminists will go on rants about how there aren't that many female CEO's. You ever seen one rant about how there aren't enough women in construction or working in the sewers? Or picking up garbage?

Old Post May 8th, 2018 03:49 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Emperordmb

Oh! And that glorious Cathy Newman interview.

Old Post May 8th, 2018 03:58 PM