KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Conspiracy theory thread

Conspiracy theory thread
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Seeing this Outlaw Bikers show, where they talk about feds busting motocycle gangs like the Hells Angels.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if at least some of these gangs were set up. They spend MILLIONS on these stings, the incentive to get results is pretty strong.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 03:13 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Little something I noticed with video games.

I'm a big old school shooter fan, in the vein of games like Contra or R-type. A friend ended up giving me a disk called Metal Slug Anthology, which is essentially Contra for the Neo-Geo. It had 1 through 6 on it, which was virtually every single game that was ever released in the arcade. Before playing, I read up on it. Input lag, they say. Half second delay on the games. Unplayable, they say.

I tested it, and thought I didn't detect any lag. But then, maybe I did. A half second, right? If you're looking for it, it's really easy to convince yourself it's there. Even if it isn't.

Getting to the point of my ramble, I've tried the original versions. There's no damned input lag. Not only that, the ports play smoother then the originals. Dare I say it, BETTER.

So what was up with all the negativity? I have a theory.. Metal Slug Anthology is an inexpensive way to get EVERY SINGLE GAME on ONE disk. For 20 dollars, I get it all. There are also many, many individual ports of each game. Most of them cost nearly as much as this entire set.

So why would I get the individual games? I wouldn't.

So what do you do if you're trying to sell new money for old rope, on the same system this package exists on? You suggest there's a half second of input lag.

In addition, there's collectors who paid 200 dollars per cart. They want to sell the authentic experience, so I'm sure they're in there running this package down. The fact is, there's simply too much incentive to make consumers doubt this inexpensive, complete set, so I wouldn't put it past people to spread doubt about the cheapest game in town.

This also happens with just about every one stop shop compilation. Why get all four Phantasy Star games on the Sega Genesis Collection, when you can get the superior Phantasy Star Collection, that happens to be much more expensive? Why get Streets of Rage on the same set, when there's the far better Streets of Rage collection on the Xbox 360?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's just funny how anything that's affordable for the consumer happens to be the one everyone recommends you stay away from, vs a much more expensive "better" alternative. I don't think I've ever seen someone say "You don't need to spend 200 dollars here! Get the 5 dollar Steam bundle. Save some money. Better yet, spend 2 dollars on the PS3 set. It has a few trivial glitch's, but you won't notice it, and it sure isn't worth 100 dollars."

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Dec 13th, 2018 at 04:41 AM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 04:34 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Little something I noticed with video games.

I'm a big old school shooter fan, in the vein of games like Contra or R-type. A friend ended up giving me a disk called Metal Slug Anthology, which is essentially Contra for the Neo-Geo. It had 1 through 6 on it, which was virtually every single game that was ever released in the arcade. Before playing, I read up on it. Input lag, they say. Half second delay on the games. Unplayable, they say.

I tested it, and thought I didn't detect any lag. But then, maybe I did. A half second, right? If you're looking for it, it's really easy to convince yourself it's there. Even if it isn't.

Getting to the point of my ramble, I've tried the original versions. There's no damned input lag. Not only that, the ports play smoother then the originals. Dare I say it, BETTER.

So what was up with all the negativity? I have a theory.. Metal Slug Anthology is an inexpensive way to get EVERY SINGLE GAME on ONE disk. For 20 dollars, I get it all. There are also many, many individual ports of each game. Most of them cost nearly as much as this entire set.

So why would I get the individual games? I wouldn't.

So what do you do if you're trying to sell new money for old rope, on the same system this package exists on? You suggest there's a half second of input lag.

In addition, there's collectors who paid 200 dollars per cart. They want to sell the authentic experience, so I'm sure they're in there running this package down. The fact is, there's simply too much incentive to make consumers doubt this inexpensive, complete set, so I wouldn't put it past people to spread doubt about the cheapest game in town.

This also happens with just about every one stop shop compilation. Why get all four Phantasy Star games on the Sega Genesis Collection, when you can get the superior Phantasy Star Collection, that happens to be much more expensive? Why get Streets of Rage on the same set, when there's the far better Streets of Rage collection on the Xbox 360?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's just funny how anything that's affordable for the consumer happens to be the one everyone recommends you stay away from, vs a much more expensive "better" alternative. I don't think I've ever seen someone say "You don't need to spend 200 dollars here! Get the 5 dollar Steam bundle. Save some money. Better yet, spend 2 dollars on the PS3 set. It has a few trivial glitch's, but you won't notice it, and it sure isn't worth 100 dollars."

All the time on Amazon reviews, people state exactly what you said they don't: don't waste your money on this expensive thing. Buy this less expensive thing that does the same thing.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 02:13 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by dadudemon
All the time on Amazon reviews, people state exactly what you said they don't: don't waste your money on this expensive thing. Buy this less expensive thing that does the same thing.

And they claimed Amazon reviews are fake.

That's good to hear. My experiences are mainly from specialty forums, catoring to a certain kind of gamer.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 03:13 PM
cdtm

Behind most successful high amount lawsuits, is a judge getting a kickback.

Thinking about it, being the right judge would be such an easy money making scheme. Lawsuits can run for MILLIONS. The incentive for bribing is tremendous.

And how easy would it be to prove? Yeah, sometimes they get caught up in a sting, but so do music pirates. But how often does it really happen? If you're a judge who's decision hinged on a major payout, and you were offered a cut, and was 99.9% certain no one would ever know, wouldn't you take it?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 03:35 PM
cdtm

Some people shop to make themselves feel good, for whatever reason. You have a bad day, you treat yourself to something nice.

Divisive politics makes EVERYONE have a bad day.

What if that's part of the point. Flood as much toxicity out there as you can, and maybe enough people get triggered, that they treat themselves to something nice later. Essentially, they're triggering people into shopping more.

A lot of these same news organizations are owned by parents that sell products and services, so why not?

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 03:42 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mattress Firm.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 06:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Money does NOT lead to happiness.

Just look at any rich guy. Their personal life is often a mess.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 02:56 PM
cdtm

Gamer gate is a lynch mob.

Meetoo is a lynch mob.

What if the same people are behind both? What IF the outrage factory is nothing more then the same people playing both sides for the lulz?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 01:56 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Meetoo is a lynch mob.

What if the same people are behind both? What IF the outrage factory is nothing more then the same people playing both sides for the lulz?
I think people with different agenda's attempt to play all of us, these silly simplistic phrases that get bandied about by people with no life experience like get woke go broke, what have they actually seen to get them woke? Or have all they've done listen to someone on the web or have one bad experience. Usually they talking about something they have never seen and know nothing of. Metoo tapped into a fear women have of exploitation where, many men are indeed exploiting there positions. Gamer Gate tapped into Men not wanting women in a world they saw as there's. Their's a reason women avoid message boards, they are usually locker rooms for geeks, in a sports locker room guys joke about women they know and what to bang, on message boards people with far more insecurities who have no stake in the world and have often achieved nothing try and give serious meaning to themselves to things that entertain them or upset them. Whilst impotently squawking and trying to impose a hierarchy on each other, because they have no stake in anything real. It's escapist and it's taken far to seriously by everyone.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Mar 9th, 2019 at 02:17 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2019 02:14 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

For consumer goods, you have two options:

1. Mass market junk. Say, jeans off the Walmart rack.

2. Better quality expensive junk.

What you don't get, is quality and affordable. It just doesn't happen.

Which is kind of odd. You'd think someone would say "Hey, I bet I can build a better mouse trap, and make it more affordable then the competition. We'll clean up."

Of course, I realize in many cases the big chains purposely take a loss to lower their prices, but there are laws against big business lowering prices so much the smaller business can't compete. So at the least, the smaller business owner "should" be able to compete price wise, while churning out a better product. (Naturally, Wal-Mart would respond by upping their quality. This is good for consumers.)

The fact that never really happens points to "anti-competitive business policies/practices" on some level.

Last edited by cdtm on Mar 11th, 2019 at 05:28 PM

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 05:26 PM
dadudemon

For consumer goods, you have two options:

1. Mass market junk. Say, jeans off the Walmart rack.

2. Better quality expensive junk.

What you don't get, is quality and affordable. It just doesn't happen.

Which is kind of odd. You'd think someone would say "Hey, I bet I can build a better mouse trap, and make it more affordable then the competition. We'll clean up."

Of course, I realize in many cases the big chains purposely take a loss to lower their prices, but there are laws against big business lowering prices so much the smaller business can't compete. So at the least, the smaller business owner "should" be able to compete price wise, while churning out a better product. (Naturally, Wal-Mart would respond by upping their quality. This is good for consumers.)

The fact that never really happens points to "anti-competitive business policies/practices" on some level.

Sometimes, there are the super quality things. Costs are all over. Usually costs are between ultra small and ultra high.

I can tell you the best shirts for working (business to business casual) are the ones from Express. Very high quality, usually. But absurdly expensive. I wait until they have 50% off sales (with other discounts like an additional 20% off) and buy 5-6 at a time. Everyone 2-3 years. Because I'm not paying $150 for a shirt. That's ridiculous.

And for pants, you have to get those tailored. Some very nice jeans out there. And slacks. Tailored all the way, though.

But for the most part, it's what you describe. And its ridiculous. I hate the idea of buying clothes for a logo and paying 10x the amount for it. I buy almost all my gym clothes from Walmart. They fit fine and have just as much quality as the 10x crap from Mall stores or "name brand" retailers.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2019 06:01 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

You know how everyone is insta-fired for allegations.

You don't suppose some employers would concoct false allegations to cover their rear in a potential "wrongful termination" lawsuit?

"Oh, no. It had nothing to do with the race/gender/religion/age of the accused. It's all about the sexual harassment."

A company doesn't need any real reason to fire you, but that might hedge their bets, in case someone falls into one of the protected categories. (Which most do these days.)

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2019 02:08 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Meetoo is a lynch mob.

IMO it's fair to say there are people involved in both movements who aren't bad. And yes there are also lynch mobs from the same groups.

I think MeToo is more damaging. You read articles about how men in the business world are distancing themselves from women. Not choosing to mentor them, not inviting them to after hours activities.

And the response is usually "just don't sexually harass" but it's not that simple since sometimes there are false accusations and some men just don't think it's worth the risk even if it's rare.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2019 02:29 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

FrameGameRadio vanished off the face of the planet.

He's like Ben Shapiro if he went off the deep end. All he did was talk about how bad jews were, and how they were organized, and used social justice to get money.

He claims he can say that, because he's a jewish lawyer.

So he made a lot of three hour videos, and then just vanished overnight. Not a word about why, or where he is (Some random mentioned something about a book).

Wonder if he went into hiding, or if something terrible happened to the guy, as a result of his videos..

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 01:54 AM
Deadline

The MeToo movemnet is all about pretending to do something about rape while not actually doing anything about it. Instead of focusing on the people who are responsible you confuse the issue and you also make people fed up with it and want people to stop talking about it.

Also it's a conspiracy that people who talk about conspiracies are seen as crazy. That's actually because a lot of conspiracies do happen so if you make it seem negative to talk about these thing it's easier for people to get away with it.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 09:46 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

When Tron Legacy was in development, there was speculation it would only appeal to men, which was seen as something that can hurt the box office.

No one ever says a movie that appeals to women, would hurt the box office.

But of course. Men will tolerate bad movies their significant other like. Therefore, the surest way to net both genders, is to make sure you appeal to the "better half".

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 03:02 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

FrameGameRadio vanished off the face of the planet.

He's like Ben Shapiro if he went off the deep end. All he did was talk about how bad jews were, and how they were organized, and used social justice to get money.

He claims he can say that, because he's a jewish lawyer.

So he made a lot of three hour videos, and then just vanished overnight. Not a word about why, or where he is (Some random mentioned something about a book).

Wonder if he went into hiding, or if something terrible happened to the guy, as a result of his videos..

Did he vanish or did he just have a gender change and become a congresswoman?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 03:34 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

The truest conspiracy of them all:

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Apr 7th, 2019 11:39 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Money does NOT lead to happiness.

Just look at any rich guy. Their personal life is often a mess.

Actually, it does bring you happiness but after 150k a year, it had diminishing returns.

At the super ultra rich level, though, it takes a look to maintain those empires. Very stressful. And you have to have OCD.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 12:17 AM