KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Frank Castle vs Darth Vader

Frank Castle vs Darth Vader
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He didn't prep against Daken.

even with prep hed lose and be back to franken castle faster than u can say ennis is trash

Old Post May 9th, 2018 03:01 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
I'm not sure how ANYBODY who knows The Punisher's actual publication history can say what you just wrote without some HEAVY qualification ...

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: The Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe
Circa: 1999
...alternate realities where the heroes act extra retarded are canon now?

Old Post May 9th, 2018 04:13 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by deathslash

Blame Lucas for the prequels, man, not me ...

erm

Old Post May 9th, 2018 06:32 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And Garth Ennis has what to do with that?....since deathslash is talking about what you posted.

Old Post May 9th, 2018 09:05 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

How would Vader deal with sound attacks (from Klaw's arm)?

I understand he can deflect/block bullets etc, deflect explosions....but if Force users need concentration, sonics would be the way to go.

That's how I would try it. Don't give him even a split second to focus. Bell rings, (one sided prep means no precog allowed), I start hitting with the sonics and bombs to keep him off balance before sniping him.

Maybe even rig the battlefield with booby traps.

Would that work?

Old Post May 9th, 2018 09:16 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Sounds like a plan thumb up

Frank does good job with sonics, as seen when he wrecked Daredevil.

Old Post May 9th, 2018 09:19 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yes. Yes the are.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 9th, 2018 09:45 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I love how Diana is completely unimpressed by Kyle getting raped in Gotham laughing out loud

Old Post May 9th, 2018 10:43 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
How would Vader deal with sound attacks (from Klaw's arm)?

I understand he can deflect/block bullets etc, deflect explosions....but if Force users need concentration, sonics would be the way to go.

That's how I would try it. Don't give him even a split second to focus. Bell rings, (one sided prep means no precog allowed), I start hitting with the sonics and bombs to keep him off balance before sniping him.

Maybe even rig the battlefield with booby traps.

Would that work?
I honestly doubt that it would work. His armor is still made out of durasteel and it's allowed him to shrug off being inside of a weapons facility as its reactor went critical, survive an ancient sith battleship blowing up underneath him,and tank two AT-ST'S falling on him.

Not to mention that he can still use his tk to throw up a force bubble to protect from Sonic/explosions and the standard starting distance still heavily favors Vader.

Last edited by deathslash on May 9th, 2018 at 12:53 PM

Old Post May 9th, 2018 12:50 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

How does standard start distance favor Vader in a prep fight?
Frank would factor that in.

Old Post May 9th, 2018 12:59 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Looking/looked up that scan from the previous page.
That Klaw sonic gun seems capable of taking down under-construction buildings, besides sending the members of the Wrecking Crew reeling:

Source: Deadpool Suicide Kings #5

Old Post May 9th, 2018 01:38 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by riv6672
How does standard start distance favor Vader in a prep fight?
Frank would factor that in.
it means that Frank's would need to get closer in order to properly use that sonic blaster. Meanwhile, Vader can still crush Frank's heart eeven if he can't see him and his range at least extends to orbit.

TL;DR: Frank is within Vader's range, but likely doesn't have what it takes to instantly win. Even if he have something to instantly kill Vader, this would essentially end up as a quick draw scenario.

Old Post May 9th, 2018 02:26 PM
DarkSaint85

it means that Frank's would need to get closer in order to properly use that sonic blaster. Meanwhile, Vader can still crush Frank's heart eeven if he can't see him and his range at least extends to orbit.

TL;DR: Frank is within Vader's range, but likely doesn't have what it takes to instantly win. Even if he have something to instantly kill Vader, this would essentially end up as a quick draw scenario.

It's prep. One sided.

So two combatants start at locations A and B, 500m apart.

Except Frank has rigged location A with explosives, sonics, whatever.

Starting distance isn't an issue. As soon as the battle starts, OP means there are things in Vader's grill. Whether it be sonics as in my scenario (remote controlled? Motion controlled? Timer? Whatever) or explosives or whatever.

IOW, it's going to be instantaneous. Match starts, Frank's one sided prep is going to pay off. Vader on the other hand would have no idea what's happening until he gets his bearings.

Old Post May 9th, 2018 02:38 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

Well, yes, sure. If Frank's prep means he's allowed to plant a nuclear bomb under Vader's feet, set to go off immediately when the fight starts, he's going to win for sure.

Old Post May 9th, 2018 02:52 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^while he wont need to go that far (thanks DS, for addressing my point), sure, lets go that far, to see deathslash say Vader tanks a nuke.

Fanboys tend to amp shit to ridiculous levels, then argue those ridiculous levels rather than points that actually remain in the realm of in-character.
Its either really dumb, or really clever, on their part, as it tends to end the thread in a haze of absurdity.

Old Post May 9th, 2018 07:12 PM
deathslash

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^while he wont need to go that far (thanks DS, for addressing my point), sure, lets go that far, to see deathslash say Vader tanks a nuke.

Fanboys tend to amp shit to ridiculous levels, then argue those ridiculous levels rather than points that actually remain in the realm of in-character.
Its either really dumb, or really clever, on their part, as it tends to end the thread in a haze of absurdity.
yeah, because pointing out that vader could choke the shit out of frank from at the beginning of the fight is fanboying. roll eyes (sarcastic)

take that antagonistic crap somewhere else. All that I've done is bring up actual showings and feats. It's really telling that you side with a guy that brings up a non canon alternate reality as proof of how frank wins...

Old Post May 9th, 2018 07:46 PM
bluewaterrider

It's really telling that you side with a guy that brings up a non canon alternate reality as proof of how Frank wins ...

That's actually not quite what I did that for.

I suppose it's okay if you want to THINK I did it for that reason, as it aids development of this discussion, but, for the record, that's not QUITE it ...

Old Post May 9th, 2018 08:21 PM
deathslash

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
That's actually not quite what I did that for.

I suppose it's okay if you want to THINK I did it for that reason, as it aids development of this discussion, but, for the record, that's not QUITE it ...
did you post those scans to show what he could do with prep? If you did, you could have simply posted canon scans instead of an alternate reality and we could've avoided this argument altogether.

Old Post May 9th, 2018 08:39 PM
riv6672

yeah, because pointing out that vader could choke the shit out of frank from at the beginning of the fight is fanboying. roll eyes (sarcastic)

take that antagonistic crap somewhere else. All that I've done is bring up actual showings and feats. It's really telling that you side with a guy that brings up a non canon alternate reality as proof of how frank wins...

Act like a fanboy and use fanboy tactics/logic, and i’m going to comment on it. Or is it something i’m supposed to tip toe around as fanboys clomp through a thread throwing out dumb shit, ignoring posted scans, and hand waving others’ arguments w. no real reasoning?

If it is, well, i dont tip toe.

You and everyone here feels free to call me whatever you like, and i’m fine w. that, but dont for a second think that only goes one way.

Thats another thing fanboys tend to do.

Old Post May 9th, 2018 09:01 PM
bluewaterrider

did you post those scans to show what he could do with prep? If you did, you could have simply posted canon scans instead of an alternate reality and we could've avoided this argument altogether.

I usually post for many reasons.
One is to give a concrete illustration of a concept in action.

The following, seen first in a Punisher respect thread, iirc, has a gem or two contained therein:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 9th, 2018 09:38 PM