KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Frank Castle vs Darth Vader

Frank Castle vs Darth Vader
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bluewaterrider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by deathslash
I honestly doubt that it would work. His armor is still made out of durasteel and it's allowed him to shrug off being inside of a weapons facility as its reactor went critical, survive an ancient sith battleship blowing up underneath him,and tank two AT-ST'S falling on him.

Punisher should have enough sense to try attacks specifically tailored to attack the electrical systems of Vader's life support suit.

Magnetic mines and electro magnetic pulses (EMPs) come immediately to mind.
Tell me why the following should or would not happen to Vader.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Sources: Darth Vader #s 23 and 24, Volume 1
Circa: 2016

Old Post May 9th, 2018 10:02 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by cdtm
Castle gets prep.

Who wins?

Even with prep, Vader would have to be physically held in place, smoke massive amounts of OG Kush, and mind raped in order to lose.

Old Post May 9th, 2018 10:07 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Oh, well that convinced me.
Way to bury the lead, Vader fans.

Old Post May 9th, 2018 10:15 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Oh, well that convinced me.
Way to bury the lead, Vader fans.

His psionic might is too much. He could burst Frank's organs the moment that the match began, or just toss him 500 feet into the air and wait for the splat.

Old Post May 9th, 2018 10:20 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Stoic
His psionic might is too much. He could burst Frank's organs the moment that the match began, or just toss him 500 feet into the air and wait for the splat.

Why didn't he do any of that in the episode shown above?

Old Post May 9th, 2018 10:31 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Why didn't he do any of that in the episode shown above?

Wait a sec. You actually believe that Frank has a chance here? Or are you going to pretend that Vader does not have Force powers?

Old Post May 9th, 2018 10:47 PM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vader. Not necessarily easily given the stipulations, but Vader.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post May 9th, 2018 11:05 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

vader wins and easily, the simple fact that the op tried to stack the thread in Punishers favor shows how much Castle is out of his league

Old Post May 9th, 2018 11:12 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by Sin I AM
vader wins and easily, the simple fact that the op tried to stack the thread in Punishers favor shows how much Castle is out of his league
The OP tried to make a legit and balanced versus thread since everybody knows that Vader would rape Castle in a direct confrontation.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post May 9th, 2018 11:15 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Punisher should have enough sense to try attacks specifically tailored to attack the electrical systems of Vader's life support suit.

Magnetic mines and electro magnetic pulses (EMPs) come immediately to mind.
Tell me why the following should or would not happen to Vader.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Sources: Darth Vader #s 23 and 24, Volume 1
you do realize that Vader casually kept himself alive without his suit turned on in the very next issue right?

Old Post May 9th, 2018 11:55 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by deathslash
you do realize that Vader casually kept himself alive without his suit turned on in the very next issue right?

Same one, actually -- the last 4 of my scans is from Vader #24.

But do you realize how LONG it took Vader to recover movement and function?

Frank would have used Vader's own sabre to quarter V's head in the time of all the monologuing Cylo did and all V's reminiscing.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 01:36 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Didn't want to be the one to say it.

Frank could have grabbed a sandwich, shave, and a shower, and still had time to bisect Vader.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 01:39 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Parmaniac
The OP tried to make a legit and balanced versus thread since everybody knows that Vader would rape Castle in a direct confrontation.

how is it balance when he needs plot devices to be relevant?

Old Post May 10th, 2018 01:59 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Same one, actually -- the last 4 of my scans is from Vader #24.

But do you realize how LONG it took Vader to recover movement and function?

Frank would have used Vader's own sabre to quarter V's head in the time of all the monologuing Cylo did and all V's reminiscing.

So now Frank has outside help now to whip up a remote to shut down Vader's suit?

Old Post May 10th, 2018 02:12 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Wait a sec. You actually believe that Frank has a chance here? Or are you going to pretend that Vader does not have Force powers?

The only pretending being done here is by ppl acting as if the Force is an insta win in this situation.
I mean you’re free to do so, but its not going to get anyone to change their call.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 04:22 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Talented colorist. Also, talented writer.

Anybody who can make C-3PO seem genuinely menacing has my respect!

(please log in to view the image)

Source: Darth Vader #1
Writer: Kieron Gillen
Colorist: Edgar Delgado

Old Post May 10th, 2018 10:27 AM
bluewaterrider

Let me be clear:

If Vader were the one given one-sided prep-time, Vader would win.

If both sides were given prep-time, Vader would PROBABLY win, but it's somewhat more difficult to call.

If this were a standard match, and neither side had prep-time, Vader would win.

However, you don't HAVE any of the situations listed.

You have Punisher alone receiving prep-time.

And that's something different altogether.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 10:47 AM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It's prep. One sided.

So two combatants start at locations A and B, 500m apart.

Except Frank has rigged location A with explosives, sonics, whatever ...

I'm finding this actually IS the Punisher's M.O.

Notice how much he's got set up just for dealing with ordinary thugs:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 10th, 2018 11:18 AM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Frank does good job with sonics, as seen when he wrecked Daredevil.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 10th, 2018 06:36 PM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Kazenji
So now Frank has outside help now to whip up a remote to shut down Vader's suit?

Did Punisher have "outside help" when he made and used a remote-controlled ultrasonic trap to take down Daredevil, through DD's heightened hearing and sense abilities, as shown in my previous post?

Here's what happened when DD woke up, by the way:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: Punisher #3
Circa: 2000

Old Post May 10th, 2018 06:49 PM