KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Frank Castle vs Darth Vader

Frank Castle vs Darth Vader
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by krisblaze
This shit annoys me to no end.

Everybody has access to ****ing everything nowadays.

I know its non canon, but Wade having Pym particles in Deathstroke Kills the Marvel Universe was funny.

Makes you wonder where guys like him and Castle get their stuff. No way Pym, Stark, or T'challa would allow their tech to reach the black market, so there's an untold story of a dealer/mole waiting to be told.

I mean, imagine if everyone and their mother had Bat Tech, or Nth metal, or a Mother Box. It ain't happening.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on May 12th, 2018 at 03:37 PM

Old Post May 12th, 2018 03:35 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by deathslash
....none of that stuff (that Frank was wearing in Suicide Kings) would enable him to kill vader.

Originally posted by riv6672
Sooooooo, maybe he uses different stuff?

I'm not 100% convinced Klaw's weapon alone wouldn't be enough to handle Vader. I seem to recall even the first time I read of Klaw in Secret Wars that he had the ability to create sound constructs with his hand blaster. There Klaw needed a portion of Doom's stolen Beyonder-power to make the constructs real.
It seems that might have been a demotion from how formidable the blaster constructs were originally intended to be. Imagine how surprised I was to see what Klaw could do, and did, in his first known appearance:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 12th, 2018 03:52 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Note the ability of Klaw's sound constructs to reflect BACK the force applied by the attacker. This has some VERY interesting implications for how a match against an evil Jedi might go ...

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: Fantastic Four #53
Circa: ~1965

Old Post May 12th, 2018 04:03 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah, i know, i was just saying the scan proved Fank can bring a variety of esoteric weaponry into play, mot necessarily just what he was shiwn with.

Old Post May 12th, 2018 04:15 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

But now everybody knows!

That's the power of that "internet" thing I was talking about!
stick out tongue

Old Post May 12th, 2018 04:23 PM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by deathslash
I honestly doubt that it would work. His armor is still made out of durasteel and it's allowed him to shrug off being inside of a weapons facility as its reactor went critical, survive an ancient sith battleship blowing up underneath him,and tank two AT-ST'S falling on him.

As I've said before in numerous threads, and proved to some extent with the first Black Panther versus Klaw showing in Fantastic Four #53 above, sonics in comicdom are a very special class of weaponry. Klaw's device(s) alone wrecked a building under construction, the super-powered Wrecking Crew, and the Human Torch and Ben, all of which you can see from earlier in this thread.

I think Klaw's tech all by itself, which Punisher was already shown having and using, would be sufficient, but I wanted to make people aware of just how durable an opponent sonics can take down in the MCU:

(please log in to view the image)

... with some background material for context:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: Uncanny X-Men #194
Circa: early 1980s

Old Post May 12th, 2018 05:27 PM
bluewaterrider

Counterpoint ...

Old Post May 17th, 2018 03:01 PM
bluewaterrider

Inasmuch as I believe sonics in their various shapes and forms have an almost unparalleled rate of success in the comic world, I would be remiss if I did not say on rare occasion, and especially recently, I HAVE come across instances where they either failed or were dealt with in such a way that good tech or prep or foresight were able to neutralize them.

Foremost on my mind is the following instance, taken from the relatively short-lived "Superior Iron Man" title:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 17th, 2018 03:07 PM
bluewaterrider

Here Pepper finds (Extremis-influenced?) Tony regards sonics, unlike most of the rest of the Marvel Universe, enough of a threat to incorporate safeguards against them in his most advanced armors:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 17th, 2018 03:19 PM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by krisblaze

Everybody has access to ... everything nowadays.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 17th, 2018 03:31 PM
riv6672

We still doing this?

Its interesting, at least.

Old Post May 17th, 2018 10:40 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote