KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Thanos vs. Kurse & Abomination

Thanos vs. Kurse & Abomination
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Thanos vs. Kurse & Abomination

No IG for Thanos. Pure h2h fight. Can Kurse and Abomination defeat the mad titan?

Old Post May 10th, 2018 09:12 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Probably

Old Post May 10th, 2018 09:44 PM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thanos wins.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 09:44 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Oh I mistook Abomination for Doomsday. Thanos wins

Old Post May 10th, 2018 09:46 PM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Abomination is a non factor. It's basically Kurse vs Thanos. My money is on Kurse though. Guy was powerful enough to casually swat away Mjolnir mid flight. Hulk can't even pick Mjolnir up.

So, without IG? Kurse
With IG? Thanos.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 10th, 2018 09:59 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Abomination is a non factor. It's basically Kurse vs Thanos. My money is on Kurse though. Guy was powerful enough to casually swat away Mjolnir mid flight. Hulk can't even pick Mjolnir up.

So, without IG? Kurse
With IG? Thanos.
Do you honestly think Kurse could beat up Thanos?

Old Post May 10th, 2018 10:03 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by quanchi112
Do you honestly think Kurse could beat up Thanos?
It's hard to say. Thanos had the Power stone when he fought Hulk. Now, I don't THINK that he used it, but he had it nonetheless. That being said Kurse beat down Thor easier than Thanos beat down Hulk.

Kurse also swatted away Mjolnir and for reference sake, Hulk can't even NUDGE Mjolnir. SO the strength difference is not even in the same league. Kurse>>>Hulk. So, it's hard to say. I can see Thanos edging out Kurse but I could see it go the other way as well. Abomination will be a nuisance equal to Drax (i.e. he could tie Thanos up a bit while Kurse pounds him)

Since the movie did a HORRIBLE job at letting us know what Thanos' innate abilities are without the IG, all we have to go on is their physical showings.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 10th, 2018 10:10 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

It's hard to say. Thanos had the Power stone when he fought Hulk. Now, I don't THINK that he used it, but he had it nonetheless. That being said Kurse beat down Thor easier than Thanos beat down Hulk.

Kurse also swatted away Mjolnir and for reference sake, Hulk can't even NUDGE Mjolnir. SO the strength difference is not even in the same league. Kurse>>>Hulk. So, it's hard to say. I can see Thanos edging out Kurse but I could see it go the other way as well. Abomination will be a nuisance equal to Drax (i.e. he could tie Thanos up a bit while Kurse pounds him)

Since the movie did a HORRIBLE job at letting us know what Thanos' innate abilities are without the IG, all we have to go on is their physical showings.
I for one don’t even think Kurse could win a matchup with the Hulk So I see this as pretty cut and dry. While that showing is impressive he did throw a boulder at Thor and just had his number. I see Hulk getting pissed off and going off on Kurse.

Russo’s confirmed Thanos is stronger than the Hulk and we see him use skill and combinations to quickly destroy the Hulk in a manner we haven’t seen anyone else physically do. We see his strength shown off various times throughout the film when he isn’t actively using the stones. We also know the portrayal is that Thanos is at the top of the food chain so it’s a pretty easy decision on how comes out on top.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 10:17 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

So, without IG? Kurse
With IG? Thanos.

I wouldn't discount Abom. He's a better fighter than Hulk after all. And though I do think Thanos can deal with him as easily as Hulk, in a 2v1 scenario he can lend a good amount of muscle.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 10:17 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote:
originally posted by quanchii112-
I for one don’t even think Kurse could win a matchup with the Hulk So I see this as pretty cut and dry. While that showing is impressive he did throw a boulder at Thor and just had his number. I see Hulk getting pissed off and going off on Kurse.

Russo’s confirmed Thanos is stronger than the Hulk and we see him use skill and combinations to quickly destroy the Hulk in a manner we haven’t seen anyone else physically do. We see his strength shown off various times throughout the film when he isn’t actively using the stones. We also know the portrayal is that Thanos is at the top of the food chain so it’s a pretty easy decision on how comes out on top.

1. I think Kurse crushes Hulk. Again, Hulk can't even nudge Mjolnir. At all. Kurse not only nudged it but sent it absolutely fuggn' flying away from Thor. Basically he's physically strong enough to overcome Odin's (Skyfather level being) magical enchantment. If anything it showed us that Kurse is probably greater than 10x stronger than Thor. There is no doubt in my mind that Kurse would body Hulk all day long, especially after Ragnarok and IW showings.

2. Thanos is the top dog in the food chain sure, but it's only because he has the Infinity gauntlet and a gem to start the movie with. Yes, he beat the shit out of Hulk, but that is the only thing we have to go on. Iron Man of all people was able to make Thanos bleed, you better be sure Kurse could do way more than that.

I'm not saying Kurse definitely wins, I'm just saying this ain't gonna be a breeze for Thanos if he does pull it off. Kurse is strong AF.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 10:23 PM
quanchi112
Disney

1. I think Kurse crushes Hulk. Again, Hulk can't even nudge Mjolnir. At all. Kurse not only nudged it but sent it absolutely fuggn' flying away from Thor. Basically he's physically strong enough to overcome Odin's (Skyfather level being) magical enchantment. If anything it showed us that Kurse is probably greater than 10x stronger than Thor. There is no doubt in my mind that Kurse would body Hulk all day long, especially after Ragnarok and IW showings.

2. Thanos is the top dog in the food chain sure, but it's only because he has the Infinity gauntlet and a gem to start the movie with. Yes, he beat the shit out of Hulk, but that is the only thing we have to go on. Iron Man of all people was able to make Thanos bleed, you better be sure Kurse could do way more than that.

I'm not saying Kurse definitely wins, I'm just saying this ain't gonna be a breeze for Thanos if he does pull it off. Kurse is strong AF.
1. I do not put much stock in that feat as you do. I think it just shows he’s also stronger than Thor and didn’t let up after he got the advantage. He also threw a boulder iirc. I may rewatch it again. Thor improved in Ragnarok and IW so I don’t think that makes Kurse look any better since he wasn’t at his best during that time frame.

2. Why couldn’t Iron Man make Kurse bleed? Iron man it clear they couldn’t go toe to toe with Thanos and the moment he separated them he beat them down. Iron Man went down pretty quickly physically to Thanos despite his weapons, speed, and quickness.

The coordination fighting multiple opponents Thanos used in that Titan fighting scene shows he can definitely handle Kurse and just one ally. He’s going to make quick work of Abomination and then focus on Kurse.

Thanos is stronger and smarter.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 10:31 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Unless Kurse is "Worthy"which I doubt, then that feat is incredible. Kurse is obviously Top tier and put a beatdow on Thor harder than anyone ever. Hulk only dreams he could hurt Thor like Kurse did. Again, I'm not saying Kurse wins for sure but he's got a chance. I'd love to see it.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 11:08 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Thor = hulk, approximately.

Kurse> thor

Thanos>hulk

Kurse=thanos

Kurse + abomination>thanos

Simple math, really

Old Post May 10th, 2018 11:16 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Unless Kurse is "Worthy"which I doubt, then that feat is incredible. Kurse is obviously Top tier and put a beatdow on Thor harder than anyone ever. Hulk only dreams he could hurt Thor like Kurse did. Again, I'm not saying Kurse wins for sure but he's got a chance. I'd love to see it.
Kurse beat him down he’s but he wasn’t at his best so we have to factor that in. Nah, I don’t agree with that.

Thanos would dominate him.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 11:25 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Thor = hulk, approximately.

Kurse> thor

Thanos>hulk

Kurse=thanos

Kurse + abomination>thanos

Simple math, really
Your math sucks.

Thanos wins. Too strong, too skilled, too smart. Logic wins the day.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 11:26 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

NotAllThatEvil stated a mathematical equation.

Quan stated an opinion.

Then Quan claims logic wins the day.

Am I the only one who sees the irony here?

Old Post May 10th, 2018 11:30 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by FrothByte
NotAllThatEvil stated a mathematical equation.

Quan stated an opinion.

Then Quan claims logic wins the day.

Am I the only one who sees the irony here?
He gave faulty math I gave director confirmed opinions supporting Thanos’ strength along with Kevin Feige saying Thanos is the biggest and the baddest villain of the MCU which includes Kurse and Abomination.

Thanos/I/me wins.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 11:35 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

^ So the Russo's specifically said that Thanos is stronger than Abom and Kurse combined?

Old Post May 10th, 2018 11:38 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by FrothByte
^ So the Russo's specifically said that Thanos is stronger than Abom and Kurse combined?
No, that he is stronger than the Hulk. Feige said Thanos is the biggest and the baddest MCU villain. He is so stop with the nonsense. Thanos wins.

Old Post May 10th, 2018 11:39 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by quanchi112
No, that he is stronger than the Hulk. Feige said Thanos is the biggest and the baddest MCU villain. He is so stop with the nonsense. Thanos wins.

So you're saying Thanos w/o IG can defeat Ego just because he's supposed to be the biggest and baddest villain?

Old Post May 10th, 2018 11:40 PM