KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Winter Soldier vs. Drax

Winter Soldier vs. Drax
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HulkIsHulk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
Yes. Bucky is able to take Cap's blows as well as harm Cap with his regular arm and kicks. That indicates that he has roughly similar strength to Cap. His robo-arm is even more powerful.

Taking hits is durability. And IIRC Bucky never did any noticeable damage with hus barehanded blows it kicks. I seriously doubt you need to have super strength to hurt Cap, like Batroc or the elevator fight showed. RS made Cap bleed, so if there's something like that it would be nice

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post May 14th, 2018 12:00 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Of course it does. He neck lifted BP and, slammed this CIA guy through chest of drawers with his normal arm

Wasn't just a neck left. He actually caught and held him when T'Challa jumped at him, despite his arm being at a very awkward angel to do so. A normal person would likely have torn their rotator cuff even attempting that. And he also sent Tony sailing several feet back with a punch to the chest during the escape scene.

Bucky just tends to use his robo arm more because, well, why wouldn't he? It's one of the best weapons in his arsenal. It'd be like expecting Cap to not use his shield in combat.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 03:27 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
pinned down Groot and tore up much thicker Vines from him than what he used on Gamora with barely any effort

Yeah, while Drax doesn't have many pure strength feats, the implication seems to be that he is at least above Gamora, based on things like this, where he was able to pin her down with one arm:

And she can do things like this:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 14th, 2018 03:38 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Anyway, I still stick to what I said before. In pure h2h Drax wins. Too durable. Give them knives and Bucky probably wins. Too skilled.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 03:42 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx7afHUuREY&t=83s

Bucky catches and chokes out BP with his HUMAN hand. I never noticed that. It's at 3:00.

I think he's equal or so close it doesn't matter, to Steve. The metal arm is just flat out above street level strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIlzqDbxJCQ

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on May 16th, 2018 at 12:39 AM

Old Post May 16th, 2018 12:32 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by FrothByte
If we assume WS is around Cap's level of strength, then what has Drax done to compare to easily lifting a bike with 3 women over his head or holding down a chopper?
Feats aren't shared due to high and low showings. Bucky must use his own feats. Now if they stalemated in a grappling test of strength then we can give Bucky Cap's AVERAGE STRENGTH.

Lifting the motorcycle and the chopper feat were both less than 2 ton feats.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post May 20th, 2018 03:20 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Bucky catches and chokes out BP with his HUMAN hand. I never noticed that. It's at 3:00.

I think he's equal or so close it doesn't matter, to Steve. The metal arm is just flat out above street level strength.

Catching BP is less than a 1 ton feat. Sure he is strong as hell vs a real human but I wouldn't use less than 1ton feats to show that someone is stronger than Drax.

I would say Drax is AT LEAST a couple of times stronger than Bucky. Drax is possibly on par with the metal arm though (possibly greater).

Old Post May 20th, 2018 03:30 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
And she can do things like this:

(please log in to view the image)

What if that alien spaceship metal was super-light? stick out tongue

Probably wasn't, but everything is possible in comics.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 03:31 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What if that alien spaceship metal was super-light? stick out tongue

Probably wasn't, but everything is possible in comics.

I highly doubt it, considering the damage the ship did when it crashed into the valley. Plus, even if it was lighter than it looks, to handle the recoil of a ship-mounted gun while keeping it steady and walking forward would still require immense strength.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 03:36 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Catching BP is less than a 1 ton feat. Sure he is strong as hell vs a real human but I wouldn't use less than 1ton feats to show that someone is stronger than Drax.

If would say Drax is several times stronger than Bucky. Drax is possibly on par with the metal arm though (possibly greater).

Old Post May 20th, 2018 03:41 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

So since drax is roughly stronger than gamora, he can use gamora's high end feats. But since bucky is just as strong as Steve with a stronger metal arm, he can't use Steve's high end feats?

Smells like a double standard to me.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 06:09 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote