KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mortal Kombat 11

Mortal Kombat 11
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Phuck me, when are they going to bundle all this shit into one game? I feel like this game is over a year old at this point.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2020 08:42 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It is.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2020 11:59 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

But is it

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2020 12:01 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

https://twitter.com/MortalKombat/st...655031588741122

Despite the rumors, was honestly not expecting a story expansion. Potential hype, but keeping my expectations to a minimum after how much the MK11 story disappointed, particularly the last chapters (Kronika voted for worst villain ever who I still cant believe was even a thing). At least Shang Tsung gets some story screentime now though.

Old Post May 5th, 2020 04:10 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Kronika voted for worst villain ever

Even more then then Shinnok?...wow.

Old Post May 6th, 2020 04:28 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

https://twitter.com/MortalKombat/st...655031588741122

Despite the rumors, was honestly not expecting a story expansion. Potential hype, but keeping my expectations to a minimum after how much the MK11 story disappointed, particularly the last chapters (Kronika voted for worst villain ever who I still cant believe was even a thing). At least Shang Tsung gets some story screentime now though.

I've seen people keeping their fingers crossed for a reset to a more "classic" set of characters

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 6th, 2020 10:40 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 6th, 2020 01:29 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Lol, I’m so glad I waited on this game. The new expansion is going to cost $50, but they’re releasing a complete edition with the vanilla game, all the previous DLC, plus the new expansion for $60.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post May 6th, 2020 03:09 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Even without the rumors Robocop's not really a shocking reveal to me. People would want to see him fight Terminator in a game, just as people were big on Alien vs Predator in MKX. At least he's voiced by the original portrayer though (Peter Weller) unlike Terminator which doesn't have Arnold but a standin voice.

Now the Friendships returning was actually a surprise. It's the last thing you'd expect with how ultra-gritty and seriously MK's taken itself at this point, and looks oddly out of place now that said. lol Would've preferred Animalities, but I know they'd be harder to animate for every character, so can settle with this. I guess the wait for Ash Williams continues. Seeing how pivotal Shang Tsung actually is to the story aftermath is pleasing.

But aside from the few small things they made free, the price for the expansion is pretty gouging, yeah.

Old Post May 6th, 2020 06:56 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Nothing wrong with waiting for the completed version. That's what I've been doing lately with NRS games.

Also, Terminator vs. Robocop in a fighting game! That's hype!

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post May 6th, 2020 11:35 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

At this point, waiting seems to be the only viable option period when it comes to NRS games. I was fine with not having all the DLC characters in the base game and just being pick and choose on them, but if there's not a cheaper alternative to getting this story DLC outside of the $40 or $50 expansion bundles, then I feel kinda gipped. May as well just watch the story aftermath on some youtube playthrough instead.

Old Post May 7th, 2020 01:41 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Yeah I'm only interested in the characters and paying $40 just for 3 of them bundled with NRS' oh superb writing really makes it not worth the asking price. I'll wait for them to be sold separately thanks.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 7th, 2020 at 02:29 AM

Old Post May 7th, 2020 02:27 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post May 7th, 2020 10:25 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Same questiion can be asked about a lot of games.

MK11 is as big a disappointment to fighters as the laat Mass Effect was to space rpg's, as Doom Eternal is to fps's.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 7th, 2020 10:58 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Except MK 11 isn't quite that bad, There's some people out there that actually like it and it just has a different fighting pace to it compared to the previous one.

Old Post May 7th, 2020 11:21 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

And garbage combo potential compared to the previous games, having the most predatory progression system for the series yet & out of almost any fighter I've played, etc. MK11's the most balanced out of the NRS MK titles, but they tried so hard to make it balanced that it became super safe and sterile as a result (which overshadows even some of the nice new mechanics added), often encouraging lame playstyles. cdtm's usual hot takes aside, many I've seen apart from myself tend to agree on MK11. MK9 and X was much more fun to play.

Old Post May 7th, 2020 11:53 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And garbage combo potential compared to the previous games, having the most predatory progression system for the series yet & out of almost any fighter I've played, etc. MK11's the most balanced out of the NRS MK titles, but they tried so hard to make it balanced that it became super safe and sterile as a result (which overshadows even some of the nice new mechanics added), often encouraging lame playstyles. cdtm's usual hot takes aside, many I've seen apart from myself tend to agree on MK11. MK9 and X was much more fun to play.

Still doesn't make it a garbage game, It just means its not your sort of fighter.

Old Post May 8th, 2020 12:05 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah. I'm not going as far as to call the game itself trash, but if you were well into how MK9 and X played, chances are MK11 will have little if any retention for you (regardless of what new characters are added), unless you're one of the esports people who perfectly adapts to whatever I guess.

Old Post May 8th, 2020 12:24 AM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Nemesis X

I don’t know how anyone is surprised by this, NRS has done the DLC milking, only to release a complete package on a single disc for every game they’ve done since MK9. I will say the price gouging this time around is insanity, $50 for what I’m assuming is a small story expansion and three new characters is absurd.

Old Post May 8th, 2020 01:57 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

DLC milking with the characters is one thing, which isn't really consequential if you don't play all the DLC characters anyway or if not all of them interest you, so just pick and choose/buy the ones that do. Same with cosmetics, though personally am over all the different skins/costumes for the most part after how MK11 handled them... But what is looking to be an overpriced story add-on is unprecedented out of what Netherrealm has done before, so I don't know how you can fault anyone for being surprised by this, and like you said, sets a new record for their price gouging DLC even, which is why we're here now with more and more fans asking Netherrealm how much is too much for supporting their game. No one should have to feel punished to this level for passionately preordering a game instead of waiting until the end of its service cycle to get it.

Old Post May 8th, 2020 03:32 AM