KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mortal Kombat 11

Mortal Kombat 11
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

Both of them look great!

So the datamining showed 13 DLC characters all together.

Bankai.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 05:06 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Kitana having sais and tele-kicks doesnt seem to bode well for Mileena. smh

That is more than I expected for DLC though. Interesting.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2019 09:01 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Kitana with Mileena moves. Why not next MK, we make Sub Zero a variation for Scorpion. The disrespect.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2019 03:56 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I like what they did with the song from the first Mortal Kombat movie.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 05:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Surprisingly nice remix, yeah. Also may be building up hype toward the eventual MK movie reboot.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 05:30 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

^
Thoughts on Khan gameplay?

It looks good but for some reason Im not that impressed..

Bankai.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 09:24 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

I hope the DLC doesn't contain any characters that were playable in MKX. I'd prefer ones that haven't been playable in a while. Especially ones that haven't been playable since before the reboot.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 09:05 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado
^
Thoughts on Khan gameplay?

It looks good but for some reason Im not that impressed..

Yeah, Shao Kahn just looks like more of the same, but fans wanted him back, so here we are. Goro in MKX was definitely more hype, at least for me.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 09:48 PM
KCJ506

DLC characters possibly leaked.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkomb...utm_term=bf2kis

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\ShangTsu
ng

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Joker

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Nightwol
f

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Terminat
or

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Sindel

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Spawn

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Ash

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Fujin

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Sheeva

What makes me a bit skeptical about this is that there are 9 characters listed instead of 12. If this is true, I hope it only shows 9 listed because KP2 is nowhere near close to being released and the final three are still far off in development.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 01:41 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Pennywise and Michael Myers got cucked if this list is true. Shame, though most of the other guest choices make up for it.

Mixed on the choices for MK characters though. I too would kinda prefer seeing more characters that haven't been playable since before the reboot/MK9, but the hate for the 3D era is too strong for many to ever be given a chance again, so we mostly get MK9 characters that were missing in X (again, assuming that list is true).

Even as one who doesn't care for the throwaway characters from back then like Hsu Hao, seeing stuff like the intro with Erron Black carrying his decapitated head is getting repetitively tasteless (Scorpion killing him in the comics was enough). I probably wouldn't even remember the likes of Hsu Hao if not for people (and NRS) with the obsessive hate memes. It's funny though when the current Kano has pretty much all of Hsu Hao's assets, including the cybernetic chest piece.

That said, some OG characters like Kano just feel like they're here at this point for the sake of it now. If you want more roster variety from game to game, there can't always be this many OG's tbqh. Most of my favorites are from the MK1 -3 era too, but still, it gets stale after awhile. More people are slowly starting to realize this now, at least.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 05:19 AM
KCJ506

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Pennywise and Michael Myers got cucked if this list is true. Shame, though most of the other guest choices make up for it.

Mixed on the choices for MK characters though. I too would kinda prefer seeing more characters that haven't been playable since before the reboot/MK9, but the hate for the 3D era is too strong for many to ever be given a chance again, so we mostly get MK9 characters that were missing in X (again, assuming that list is true).

Even as one who doesn't care for the throwaway characters from back then like Hsu Hao, seeing stuff like the intro with Erron Black carrying his decapitated head is getting repetitively tasteless (Scorpion killing him in the comics was enough). I probably wouldn't even remember the likes of Hsu Hao if not for people (and NRS) with the obsessive hate memes. It's funny though when the current Kano has pretty much all of Hsu Hao's assets, including the cybernetic chest piece.

That said, some OG characters like Kano just feel like they're here at this point for the sake of it now. If you want more roster variety from game to game, there can't always be this many OG's tbqh. Most of my favorites are from the MK1 -3 era too, but still, it gets stale after awhile. More people are slowly starting to realize this now, at least.

I agree. But unfortunately the average MK player couldn't careless about the majority of the characters that debuted after UMK3. Those character's popularity comes mostly from internet message board posters. And we're in the minority.

Out of the original 7, the only ones I think are big requirements to be in every game are Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden and maybe Liu Kang. Hell hardly anyone batted an eye when Kano and Sonya were left out of MK2 and that game also showed that they really aren't needed in order for an MK to be good.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 07:30 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Spawn is on the list... It must be fake.....

Bankai.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 07:34 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by KCJ506
I agree. But unfortunately the average MK player couldn't careless about the majority of the characters that debuted after UMK3. Those character's popularity comes mostly from internet message board posters. And we're in the minority.

Out of the original 7, the only ones I think are big requirements to be in every game are Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden and maybe Liu Kang. Hell hardly anyone batted an eye when Kano and Sonya were left out of MK2 and that game also showed that they really aren't needed in order for an MK to be good.

A lot of the hate for the post-MK3 characters I find to be for asinine reasons. Sure, most of them were underdeveloped, but so were the OG characters during the first games.

Would add Johnny Cage there as well, at least for the maybe part. But yeah, people didn't really miss Sonya and Kano during MK2.

Speaking of the original games, I see yet another HD remaster was cancelled. WB must really hate money.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/blin...st-screenshots/

Saltiness aside, just really tired of seeing history repeat itself.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 10:15 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I would've like to have seen Havik and Nitara developed more. Not sure why they picked Bo rai cho out of those new character's from the 3D arena MK's years and Kenshi was another one but he was already good to begin with.

Last edited by Kazenji on Apr 21st, 2019 at 09:34 AM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 09:23 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Watched YongYea's latest video on this game, Sounds like WB's have monetization the Krypt mode.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 01:07 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Havent really looked into it, but my first impression was microtransactions for those who just want to take shortcuts and avoid the usual grinding needed to unlock everything in the Krypt. MKX had the same kind of options but I didnt use any of it.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 04:14 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Since taking more of a look into the krypt controversy (or should I say kontroversy? stick out tongue) after more youtubers started ranting about it recently (props to YongYea though whose always the first to cover these kind of things), I have to admit it's a lot worse than I first realized. If it was still just MKX levels of grinding and stuff it wouldn't of been too consequential, but the way they're monetizing it now is to the level of mobile games, and worse, the krypt now is all RNG, so gone are the days of finding the particular things you want by going to certain coordinates first.

NRS saying they'll fix the progression system soon softens the blow a bit, but you may as well save everything you've earned and not spend anything in the krypt until then.

Other than that, I will say I enjoyed the story a good deal more than I thought. The writing felt much better than MKX, and probably even MK9. Some of the arcade endings are interesting/better again too, though haven't gotten them all yet.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 08:49 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I don't jive with the complaints about how long it would take to unlock everything, as there's something like 1400 unique skins. Most of them are pallete swaps, but regardless even if they quadrupled the koin collection rate you'd still need something like close to 700 hours to collect everything.

But the RNG is indefensible. As always, loot-box systems are cancer incarnate and there is no defense for them. You should be able to buy the collectibles you want with in-game currency.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 07:41 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

MK is usually a must-buy for me. I own the full editions of 9 and 10, and have been playing the games since the days of the very first MK that I had on my Amiga 600. As much as I like the trailer, as it stands, I just can't justify getting this, even at the eventual discount that it will inevitably have. Messy porting, microtransactions, and weird design decisions just put me off entirely.

Makes me sad, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 08:45 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Understandable. While I dont regret getting MK11, was pretty on the fence about it with how it was marketed. The designs are hit and miss now more than ever.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 09:27 PM