KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Fix DCEU

Fix DCEU
Started by: dynamix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Inhuman
That and the fact that the higher ups at WB's have no ****ing clue of what they are doing.

(please log in to view the image)

laughing

That... is actually pretty funny to me.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 09:11 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

That and the fact that the higher ups at WB's have no ****ing clue of what they are doing.

This can't be real. laughing out loud

Old Post May 13th, 2018 09:13 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I would do what I suspect they're going to do in the next few years and engage in a soft reboot of sorts. They're doing the Flashpoint movie at some point, which for those that don't know led to the soft reboot of the comic books. The comics that were successful basically continued as they were, and the ones that weren't got rebooted to various degrees. Do the same with the movies. There's no reason to reboot, say, Wonder Woman, because Wonder Woman was a huge success. If Aquaman is a success later, no need to reboot that.

Otherwise, I think you can reboot most other aspects and characters. Maybe keep Superman but change Lex Luthor.

Anyways, once rebooted, engage in solo movies exclusively for a while like Marvel did originally. DC shit the bed by trying to rush into team up movies too quickly. It just makes the movies feel too busy, as they have to do too many things, otherwise. Do a solo Batman movie, solo Flash movie, maybe another solo Superman movie, another Wonder Woman movie, and so on. Then once the characters and the universe has been fleshed out and developed properly, do another Justice League/team up movie.

Also management shouldn't micromanage the movies as much as they apparently do. Let the directors do their thing, and hire brave and creative directors like Marvel does and just let them do their thing. Hire directors that maybe have only done indie films. Don't have "have a big budget film under your belt already" as a requirement.

Also lay out a foundation to build towards a bit super event/crossover story like Infinity War. If it were up to me, I'd have Blackest Night be the big ultimate crossover movie that they build up to for a long long time. I loved that one and think it would make a really awesome movie or two. Could have some cool horror elements, could be really dark if they wanted to go that route. Would be unique compared to something like Infinity War.

Last edited by BackFire on May 13th, 2018 at 09:26 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2018 09:24 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Where Dc is at now.....they should should make this movie.

Since we have JL now they could make a JLAirforce movie where every league member drives a jet...

Bankai.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 11:34 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Estacado
Where Dc is at now.....they should should make this movie.

Since we have JL now they could make a JLAirforce movie where every league member drives a jet...

You're Joking Right?

Old Post May 13th, 2018 12:10 PM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Aquaman is really make or break for me. I like Cavill as Superman after JL. I feel that was a good reboot on that character. Gadot and Batfleck are also good.

BvS really screwed things up. Lex was terrible. Cramming Doomsday in there was a waste. That could have a been a two part Man of Steel series instead. DC just got too far ahead of themselves and tried to just throw Supes and Batman together and made a mess

Old Post May 13th, 2018 03:40 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
laughing

That... is actually pretty funny to me.

Originally posted by NemeBro
This can't be real. laughing out loud

This WB Shit always reminds me of this....

Old Post May 14th, 2018 02:29 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Yeah that's what I thought of too, the giant spider shit lol.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 04:23 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

I wish you said Time Warner giving executive power instead of WB. Nevertheless,......

1. Continue the movies that are already on pre/post-production (WW2, Aquaman, Shazam).

2. Form DC Studios filled with DC Executives, Bruce Timm, and the Young Justice Creators to brainstorm a new DC Universe and search for talent that can make good movies. They can even get producers from WB to get things rolling.

3. Separate DC Studios from WB so that they only answer to Time Warner.

4. Make pseudo-origin films on Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman and full origin films on Flash and Green Lantern. Aquaman could probably get a pseudo one too, depending on how his film turns out.

5. Have top notch casting. The people chosen need to feel like the comic has come to life.

6. General Zod is barred from being a Superman villain until further notice. Batman must also be a detective in his films and Superman and Lex Luther need to have their super intelligence on display.

7. Solo films are their own thing and don't lead to an event film.

8. After credit scenes lead to an event film.

9. Introduce Dick Grayson in the 2nd or 3rd Batman film so we can eventually get a Teen Titans movie.

10. Put heroes like Batwoman and Static Shock on HBO to expand the rebooted DC Universe.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 05:14 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by NemeBro
Salt the earth. Reboot the franchise. Too many shitty ideas have taken root and set a precedence that can't be escaped from. The garbage aesthetic, for example.

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I was calling for a reboot after the tragedy that was BVS. But not many people wanted to take their head out of the sand. After Suicide Squad though it was becoming more obvious even to defenders of the DCEU.
Agreed with these. I love Cavill and Gadot in their roles but not enough to overlook Flash and EisenLex. It all needs to be torched.

Jesus

PWNT

Old Post May 14th, 2018 05:23 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

They don’t need to torch anything just make people care from here on out. Too much groundwork has been laid to 86 it all at this point especially since WW was a smash hit.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 04:18 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Hand over production to Marvel. Problem solved.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 04:41 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

But I want Better Movies. Not just Ok Movies.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 05:40 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Fly you’re poor so they don’t care about you.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 06:05 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

i personally feel they should go all the way dark. like "R" rated dark. marvel/disney has already cornered the feel good/light mood stuff and to imitate that (as they did with Justice League) is disastrous. They need to just go all the way in and tap into the Vertigo side as well.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 07:09 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

That won’t work. Just forget the tone. Worry about each movie working and setting the proper tone for that movie. If people care about the characters it survives.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 07:11 PM
dynamix

quan don't make me have to kick you in the back of the head.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 07:14 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by dynamix
quan don't make me have to kick you in the back of the head.
They tried going dark and it failed. Going darker isn’t the problem it was the incoherent and bad films. Please try, loser.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 07:20 PM
dynamix

lol it was a joke man. i still think they should go all out. its on life support and needs the proper "shock" factor to re-establish.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 07:27 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by dynamix
lol it was a joke man. i still think they should go all out. its on life support and needs the proper "shock" factor to re-establish.
They need the next three films or do well and it’s back on. They won’t be the MCU but at least they can exist and hope to build for the future.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 07:29 PM