KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » What WB/DC should do to compete against Disney/Marvel's MCU?

What WB/DC should do to compete against Disney/Marvel's MCU?
Started by: Drsoe08

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Honestly, there really isn't anything WB can do to compete

And that Ladies, Gentlemen and Whatever you are... is an opinion Pulled out of an ASS Hole!

Old Post May 19th, 2018 04:32 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

They shouldn't try to compete. All their reactionary decisions were moronic and stupid. The higher ups dont know what they are doing like the pic I posted in another thread.
They should axe the whole DCEU completely and reboot after a few years have gone by. But WB will not do this because they will try to milk Wonder Woman as much as they can and see if they can have another WW type hit with Shazam and Aquaman.

IMO they should put the DCEU on hold and focus on lesser known properties solo movies like Swamp Thing, Deadman, Sandman, etc.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 04:34 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Kill themselves.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 04:47 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Inhuman

They should axe the whole DCEU completely and reboot after a few years have gone by. But WB will not do this because they will try to milk Wonder Woman as much as they can and see if they can have another WW type hit with Shazam and Aquaman.

Maybe if those 2 work create a Sub-Dceu focusing on those 3? And scrap the rest for now?

But tbh I dont see AquaMamoa becoming very popular.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 10:37 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

question should i respond to that piece of crap known as Fly or just continue to ignore him???

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 19th, 2018 09:25 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

don't need to scrap whats been done, they have a gem in WW; keep going with that for a trilogy, if Shazams good and Aquamans good then make trilogies form them also; go ahead with the Flash and if you can make that work then continue on with a solo series, same with GL.... Only when these individual characters are accepted in universally accepted good films can you then revisit a Justice League shared universe.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 09:57 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

They don't need to scrap anything, IMO. Also, James Wan is going to do Swamp Thing Tv special or something.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 08:11 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by relentless1
go ahead with the Flash

But... he really sucks. I mean the Dceu one.

Carry on with what works. Scrap what doesnt.

Thats the issue with a shared universe. Something Feige understood. That IT ALL has to Work. Otherwise you are stuck.

Feige understood after IMs success, that for Avengers to work both Thor and CA needed to also work.

Now im sure they would have carried on with IM films regardless after its massive success, but they understood that if the other franchises didnt work then the shared universe would be a bust.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 11:15 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Rumor has it, they are scrapping Flashpoint and just making a flash solo. And we'll have a proper sequel for Superman.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 05:47 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

best thing for WB to do is simply give it up... they suck.. they cannot compare nor will they ever will... from one film to another Marvel built up good will with each film and we have seen the culmination of what happens when people like what they see.. you cannot say the same with the dceu unless you are a pompous jack$ss who cannot see that WB clearly knows nothing of their characters

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 20th, 2018 05:53 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

So they're making two more bad movies?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 05:54 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Reboot the whole DCEU.

Trying to fix things by this moment is nuts.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 06:03 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

They have several movies green lit and going into production. Probably never going to happen.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 06:31 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Zack M
They have several movies green lit and going into production. Probably never going to happen.

A shame.

I wonder if Affleck will keep playing Batman.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 06:50 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
A shame.

I wonder if Affleck will keep playing Batman.

It's too much of a risk, financially wise. Aside from JL, all DCEU movies did pretty well, BO wise. I think a little over 3 billion WW, which is crazy for movies with shit reviews. WW also had a historic run, so WB won't stop DCEU soon. I hope Jake Gyllenhaal replaces Ben, but rumor is, he doesn't want to leave.

If WB keeps on getting big names like Speilberg or Jackson, they won't reboot anytime soon. Then again, Blackhawks might not even be a part of the DCEU.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 07:21 PM
Silent Master

JL did so bad because people are getting tired of supporting a company that continues to make sh!t movies.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 07:28 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by Darth Thor
But... he really sucks. I mean the Dceu one.

Carry on with what works. Scrap what doesnt.

Thats the issue with a shared universe. Something Feige understood. That IT ALL has to Work. Otherwise you are stuck.

Feige understood after IMs success, that for Avengers to work both Thor and CA needed to also work.

Now im sure they would have carried on with IM films regardless after its massive success, but they understood that if the other franchises didnt work then the shared universe would be a bust.

we dont know for sure that hes a shitty flash, let him shine under a competent director and I bet he changes a lot of minds, Ezra Miller is a good actor

Old Post May 20th, 2018 07:28 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

We'll see how SHAZAM and Aquaman do. If they flop, then WB will probably reboot. If they don't, then they'll continue on.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 07:39 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by relentless1
we dont know for sure that hes a shitty flash, let him shine under a competent director and I bet he changes a lot of minds, Ezra Miller is a good actor

It’s not about Miller. Its about the characterisation.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 09:27 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zack M
It's too much of a risk, financially wise. Aside from JL, all DCEU movies did pretty well, BO wise. I think a little over 3 billion WW, which is crazy for movies with shit reviews. WW also had a historic run, so WB won't stop DCEU soon. I hope Jake Gyllenhaal replaces Ben, but rumor is, he doesn't want to leave.

Its also a massive financial risk to continue after what happened with JL.

Aside from Wonder Woman that is. But that can continue as its own series.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 09:29 PM