KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » thanos vs. galactus

thanos vs. galactus
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
thanos 7 36.84%
galactus 12 63.16%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

thanos vs. galactus
Started by: victreebelvictr

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

thanos vs. galactus

rules:
thanos has the stone of power and gauntlet, but none other gems
galactus is normal

Old Post May 14th, 2018 05:28 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

How powerful is the stone of gauntlet?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post May 14th, 2018 05:34 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Capabilities
As the Infinity Stone that represents and governs over the destructive force of the universe, the Power Stone grants whoever controls it vast energy manipulation powers in the form of projection of extremely powerful and lethal purple fire-like energy. Like all Infinity Stones, the Power Stone is among the most powerful artifacts in the universe and due to it's power, only beings of extreme power can use it and less powerful beings would be quickly and painfully killed by it's power. It can potentially overwhelm the combined efforts of lesser beings, as the Cosmic Beings who attempted to share it's power among each other were quickly destroyed. Even powerful beings had great difficulty handling the Power Stone, as Ronan the Accuser, among the most powerful Kree, struggled to hold it and was forced to use the Cosmi-Rod to be able to use it and Star-Lord, a half Celestial, would have died had Gamora, Drax, Rocket and Groot not helped him to use it's power. It is also possible to use instruments such as the Cosmi-Rod to contain it, preventing the need to directly touch the stone and experience its deadly effects, and still exploit its full power.

To whoever able to use it, the Power Stone allows the user to project powerful purple, fire-like energy waves and explosions. When used at its maximum potential, it can produce an energy wave strong enough to consume an entire planet. It also greatly enhances the user's strength and durability, as Ronan, wielding it, was able to effortlessly beat the Guardians of the Galaxy and withstand a direct, close range shot from the Hadron Enforcer, a weapon powerful enough to destroy a moon, without any damage and was completely uninjured by the crashing of the Dark Aster, walking away from the massive wreckage of the ship as if he had landed without any problems.

After Thanos inserts it into the Infinity Gauntlet, it is shown that the Power Stone's capabilities are not limited to just simply projecting energy, as Thanos, having full understanding and mastery over the Stone's powers, proves to be capable of using the Power Stone to achieve more diverse capabilities. Thanos was able to manipulate the Stone's destructive energy for a wide range of feats, with the Stone becoming one of his most versatile and often-used in combat for its destructive potential, with Thanos once using it's energy to empower the Gauntlet enough to shatter a gateway to the Mirror Dimension with a single punch.

With a single gesture from the Gauntlet, Thanos displayed the ability to manipulate and specifically unleash the Stone's power to charge objects with unstable energy, causing them to overload and violently detonate. Thanos commonly uses this abillity due to its versatility and combat potential, as he is able to control the time and size of the detonation, whether instantly or slowly as Thanos used the Stone to slowly overload and detonate the damaged Statesman after retrieving the Space Stone, giving himself time to teleport him and his Children out. During the Battle of Titan, Thanos used the Stone's energy and versatile destructive powers to devastating effect, violently and instantly detonating a ruined spaceship fragment that was dropped on him by Iron Man, and was even powerful enough to rip apart the surface of Titan's moon with its sheer power.

However, Thanos's most primary method of attack using the Stone was to simply unleash powerful blasts or waves of the Stone's explosive energy, applying powerful concussive force or outright destroying objects with its volatile power. A wild shockwave of energy was able to knock out Star-Lord, Drax and Nebula instantaneously, all three individuals having great superhuman resilience, while a few concussive waves were enough to effortlessly repel attacks and blast away the majority of the opposing Avengers during the Battle of Wakanda. The Stone's energy could also be concentrated into direct beams of power with enough power to be capable of cleaving through structures with ease, forcing back a shielded Iron Man, and heavily damaging the Avenger's armour with a single point-blank blast. The energy of the Power Stone can also be used for defensive purposes, as Thanos emitted the Stone's power from the Gauntlet to conjure a force-field as a form of defense that was easily powerful enough to block Iron Man's repulsors even when the latter used both of his hands to emit 2 blasts at once.

The Stone's power could also be used for more subtle applications, such as exerting the energy upon others to torture them. During the Attack on the Statesman, Thanos utilised the Stone to torture an injured Thor, pushing the Stone into his head and causing the Asgardian excruciating pain using its energy. Used together with the Space Stone, Thanos also brutally tortured Nebula with its power, by telekinetically pulling her mechanical components apart while silmutaneously causing the energy to electrocute her, causing her severe pain.

When used in conjunction with the other Stones, the Stone could achieve a variety of effects. When surrounded by Doctor Strange's Images of Ikonn, Thanos activated the Power Stone together with the Soul Stone, to simultaneously destroy the false Images and attack the real Strange in one fell swoop, briefly separating the Sorcerer's astral form from his body. Bolstered by the Space Stone, the Power Stone could also manipulate and redirect outside energy, absorbing and channelling the explosive power of Iron Man's missiles into a concentrated beam of fire.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 05:36 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Did anyone read all of that?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 14th, 2018 05:51 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I'm currently getting it tattooed all over my body

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post May 14th, 2018 06:03 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

This appears to be movie Thanos. Is this comic book Galactus or Cloud Galactus from Rise of SS?

Old Post May 14th, 2018 06:32 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

comic book version, thank you for asking.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 10:25 PM
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Did anyone read all of that?

Shiiiiit, I didn't even read what you wrote.

And Thanos spanks him. He doesn't even need the Power stone.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 11:27 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Damborgson
I'm currently getting it tattooed all over my body

You must be really FAT!

Old Post May 14th, 2018 11:33 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thanos wins.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 11:36 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

That is why the OP had to give him a Crutch.

Aka the IG....

Old Post May 14th, 2018 11:44 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Flyattractor

Aka the IG....

Well the OP was simply misinformed. Thanos whoops that ass all by himself.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 11:48 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Aka the IG....
Thanos doesn’t need the ig to crush him. Thanos is the grandest character in all of comics.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 11:53 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Sure he does skippy. Sure he does.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 12:00 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Sure he does skippy. Sure he does.
His latest showing confirmed it. Thanos wins.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 12:02 AM
Flyattractor

Uh Huh. Sure it did.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 12:07 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Uh Huh. Sure it did.
Well your ignorance isn’t as excuse just as if you’re not aware you’re speeding you don’t get out of the ticket.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 12:13 AM
Flyattractor

Oh I am quite aware of how Marvel Jobs out Gally to every scrub and grub to push their 2nd rate characters.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 12:20 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Oh I am quite aware of how Marvel Jobs out Gally to every scrub and grub to push their 2nd rate characters.
King Thanos beat them all. He’s the top dog not Galactus. You ignoring facts to push your own feelings isn’t being objective.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 12:21 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by quanchi112
King Thanos beat them all. He’s the top dog not Galactus. You ignoring facts to push your own feelings isn’t being objective.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 15th, 2018 12:24 AM