KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars has been dethroned

Star Wars has been dethroned
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Star Wars has been dethroned

Passing of the torch. MCU is the top dog.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/05...congratulations

Times they are a changin’.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 12:08 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Jokes aside, The Force Awakens actually made just as much / more money than Infinity War when adjusted for inflation for opening weekend.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 15th, 2018 12:09 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Well inflation does muddy the waters but make no mistake MCU is a huge deal across the planet whereas Star Wars can’t break into the Chinese box office. Infinity War is a massive success all over the planet. It’s just a better product. Star Wars doesn’t have Thanos.

It isn’t done yet and it blows the TFA out of the water in terms of quality. MCU has never been better while you have civil war in the states over Star Wars. I don’t agree with the that but it is going to hurt the overall franchise somewhat. I personally loved the Last Jedi but Star Wars fans are sensitive.

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/star-w...-cant-catch-mcu

Old Post May 15th, 2018 12:20 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Well, The Force Awakens will still probably beat Infinity War at the box office, and Solo absolutely destroyed Black Panther in pre-ticket sales, so I think Star Wars is fine.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 15th, 2018 12:25 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Infinity War probably isn't going to out earn TFA. That said, it definitely shows which franchise is stronger than the other among the fanbase. Note to the wise.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 12:30 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Well, The Force Awakens will still probably beat Infinity War at the box office, and Solo absolutely destroyed Black Panther in pre-ticket sales, so I think Star Wars is fine.
Oh it’s fine and will be the number 2 but it isn’t the lion it once was. I believe Infinity War will probably edge out of the Force Awakens at the end but for me as long as the franchises I love do well and continue I’m golden especially when the quality is there.

I also don’t see Solo making as much as Black Panther in the long run. I personally didn’t enjoy Black Panther that much tbh. I also never gave one shit about Han Solo but will see this just with nowhere near the excitement I have for the newer trilogy.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 12:32 AM
Zenwolf

1 movie.

But yeah, nice...I guess. Though with the way the ST is going, I'm not really all that thrilled about it.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 01:38 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Lmao who cares?

Old Post May 15th, 2018 01:59 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Kevin Feige and Kathleen Kennedy.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 02:05 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Trocity
Lmao who cares?

Ikr; like who da fuq wanks off to some movie (wth is MCU btw?) having higher ticket sales?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post May 15th, 2018 02:19 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Someone is salty. Kurk relax. The MCU isn’t for you. Just rewatch Aotc. It’ll be ok.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 02:21 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Someone is salty. Kurk relax. The MCU isn’t for you. Just rewatch Aotc. It’ll be ok.
I'm more of a DC guy myself (barely)

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post May 15th, 2018 02:24 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Star Wars is an obsolete franchise.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post May 15th, 2018 06:57 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Infinity War is still $500million away from beating Force Awakens world wide.

Probably wont do it now with Deadpool and Solo coming out.

And IW is not even close to TFAs domestic numbers.

So TFA is ahead in every financial way. Hence only a dummy would brag about it dethroning Star Wars at this point.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 07:55 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Tbh I hope Disney Wars gets dethroned.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 08:08 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'd say that the MCU could be labelled as this generations Star Wars, but since the sequel trilogy is coming out right now there's no need to 'dethrone' anything. Both are cultural landmarks existing concurrently atm.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 08:31 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Nephthys
I'd say that the MCU could be labelled as this generations Star Wars,

Agreed. And Thanos could well be this generation's Vader.

But Star Wars has been a massive franchise for generations. The MCU isn't there yet.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 10:32 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Jokes aside, The Force Awakens actually made just as much / more money than Infinity War when adjusted for inflation for opening weekend.

It's pretty telling how big star wars is that a reboot throwing away the original work's ending can match the well made culmination of ten years of character focused films following a clear, unwavering vision.

OFC, MCU will remain the big boy because of how many more movies it makes.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 10:44 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Its the consistent quality of those numerous movies which has given the MCU the goodwill it has today.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 12:42 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Its the consistent quality of those numerous movies which has given the MCU the goodwill it has today.

Consistent? I dunno, some of these movies from what I've heard/read, it's been varied from awesome to just great/ok.

Unless you're meaning the movies not dipping into horrible quality, then alright.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 03:16 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote