KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars has been dethroned

Star Wars has been dethroned
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Infinity War is still $500million away from beating Force Awakens world wide.

Probably wont do it now with Deadpool and Solo coming out.

And IW is not even close to TFAs domestic numbers.

So TFA is ahead in every financial way. Hence only a dummy would brag about it dethroning Star Wars at this point.
It broke its opening weekend record. It will probably beat it worldwide and the Chinese love it. That is a huge market and Star Wars humiliates itself there. Face it the MCU is superior and it isn’t close. In terms of quality Infinity War shits all over TFA. It isn’t close.

Kathleen Kennedy passed the baton. MCU is the top dog. I already posted numbers showing it’s unrivaled. MCU is the alpha. Star Wars is the numero two. Nothing shameful in finally being dethroned by Thanos.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 03:36 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

What the heck does Domestic Opening Weekend mean when IW isn't even coming close to TFA's domestic numbers? You sound like Zack/Golgo going on about Wonder Woman being the no.1 domestic movie of last year, when all the Marvel movies crushed it in worldwide figures.

Come and brag once IW has dethroned TFA worldwide. I hope it does because IW was Epic, and TFA sucked. But your bragging has come wayyy to early.

Yes Marvel movies are far superior to Disney Star Wars films. Which is why Black Panther grossed more than TLJ. Consistent Quality will beat Consistent Trash in the end.

Last edited by Darth Thor on May 15th, 2018 at 03:43 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2018 03:41 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

What the heck does Domestic Opening Weekend mean when IW isn't even coming close to TFA's domestic numbers? You sound like Zack/Golgo going on about Wonder Woman being the no.1 domestic movie of last year, when all the Marvel movies crushed it in worldwide figures.

Come and brag once IW has dethroned TFA worldwide. I hope it does because IW was Epic, and TFA sucked. But your bragging has come wayyy to early.

Yes Marvel movies are far superior to Disney Star Wars films.
I didn’t make up the Kathleen Kennedy acknowledgement over TFA. It is the most successful comic book film of all time and it isn’t done yet. So you agree it’s better than that film. No, MCU dethroned Star Wars before this film came out. More films, more positivity, more money.

Infinity War blows any Star Wars film away. The originals aren’t even great. Nostalgia has clouded your judgment.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 03:44 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

i'm alright with this, mcu deserves this

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post May 15th, 2018 03:52 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by JKBart
i'm alright with this, mcu deserves this
thumb up

Old Post May 15th, 2018 03:54 PM
Raptor22

Yeah I agree with Quan (Raptor22 said as an icy mist began to form in hell). IW was excellent and MCU is pumping out far better quality films than Star Wars.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 04:12 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Kurk
I'm more of a DC guy myself (barely)
Dc is pure trash. This doesn’t surprise me since your preferences are usually questionable.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 04:27 PM
Zenwolf

Yes Marvel movies are far superior to Disney Star Wars films. Which is why Black Panther grossed more than TLJ. Consistent Quality will beat Consistent Trash in the end.

Not too much of an accomplishment...but kudos to Marvel for finding a formula that works.

Frankly though I'm beginning to think Star Wars isn't geared to having many movies. Either that or they just need better people on them...probably that yeah.

But I mean, were people really asking for more SW movies after 6? I can't really recall any clamoring or moaning that SW wasn't putting out anymore movies, seemed contented with books, TV series, comics and videogames.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 05:36 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I love how Quan’s hatred for SW is so transparent yet he spent more time here
than any of us. It doesn’t get any sadder than that, tbh.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post May 15th, 2018 05:51 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

MCU > SW yeah.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 06:04 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Sinious
I love how Quan’s hatred for SW is so transparent yet he spent more time here
than any of us. It doesn’t get any sadder than that, tbh.
I love the new Star Wars. Last Jedi is my favorite Star wrs film ever. MCU is clearly superior though. Nothing wrong with being dethroned by a superior universe. More powerful characters, more films, better products. It’s ok.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 06:40 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Not too much of an accomplishment...but kudos to Marvel for finding a formula that works.

Frankly though I'm beginning to think Star Wars isn't geared to having many movies. Either that or they just need better people on them...probably that yeah.

But I mean, were people really asking for more SW movies after 6? I can't really recall any clamoring or moaning that SW wasn't putting out anymore movies, seemed contented with books, TV series, comics and videogames.

I think people were content, but always dreamed of seeing the older Luke, Han.

Hence the hype for TFA.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 08:40 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Ursumeles
MCU > Disney SW yeah.

Corrected.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 08:40 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Corrected.
Mcu beat Star Wars overall not just current. It’s bigger and better. Thanos is far superior to Darth Vader.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 08:42 PM
Freedon Nadd

Everything is better than Star Wars. LMAO

Had it not been for Lucas. Things would have stayed different.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post May 15th, 2018 08:52 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Ursumeles
MCU > SW yeah.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post May 15th, 2018 08:52 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

@Quan, “Last Jedi is my favorite one” confirms that you either hate Star Wars or yourself

"That is why you fail."

Old Post May 15th, 2018 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

@Quan, “Last Jedi is my favorite one” confirms that you either hate Star Wars or yourself
It confirms I’m not some kind of Star Wars fan who comes out of a factory saying, empire strikes back is the best. I think for myself unlike yourself. The Last Jedi is the best Star Wars film followed by Revenge of the Sith.

Don’t let the fact the MCU has supplanted Star Wars upset you. Embrace it. Thanos would slaughter Palpatine and his weak empire. Your guy is weak af.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 09:52 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Empire Strikes Back osn’t even my fave lol

"That is why you fail."

Old Post May 15th, 2018 10:58 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Empire Strikes Back osn’t even my fave lol
What is then? Tell me, coward.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 01:10 AM