KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars has been dethroned

Star Wars has been dethroned
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sinious
Yo Da Best

RotS, you ****ing monkey

"That is why you fail."

Old Post May 16th, 2018 01:49 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sinious
RotS, you ****ing monkey
Ha, that’s only the second best film you Sidious leech.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 02:26 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Frankly though I'm beginning to think Star Wars isn't geared to having many movies.

uhuh. That's why it has a rich expanded universe with tons of quality stories arising from it.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 02:41 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
uhuh. That's why it has a rich expanded universe with tons of quality stories arising from it.

Seem optimistic there and other material is fine, I'm just talking movies as so far the ST is....somewhere, disconnected with plot points set up in TFA, only to be discarded or ignored in TLJ.

Rogue One was ok.

Solo looks.....eh?

Old Post May 16th, 2018 04:01 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Quanchi, if you just adjust for inflation TFA beat IW in the Opening Weekend.

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post May 16th, 2018 05:09 AM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Even if we put inflation aside, Domestic OW is a retarded record to brag about now, given IW is not even close to TFAs domestic or worldwide numbers.

If it beats TFA worldwide, then brag, but with Deadpool2 and Solo coming out, that seems unlikely.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 07:33 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

what do you care Quan? you got a financial stake in MCU? No? then why flap your gums about something that youre just a sycophantic fan over honestly?

Having said that IW shits on the new trilogy so far

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:23 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
Quanchi, if you just adjust for inflation TFA beat IW in the Opening Weekend.
Kathleen Kennedy didn’t adjust and passed the baton. The overall goodwill the MCU has with 19 films is undreamt of. The record has been broken.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 12:49 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by relentless1
what do you care Quan? you got a financial stake in MCU? No? then why flap your gums about something that youre just a sycophantic fan over honestly?

Having said that IW shits on the new trilogy so far
No, but the MCU is the best franchise of all time. I grew up a marvel fan it was always superior to Star Wars in terms of characters and stories and now throughout cinemas and across the world my favorite character of all time has just been unleashed. Thanos and this film is the greatest film of all time and I’m going to enjoy it. MCU is the king.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 12:50 PM
Darth Thor

So basically he pretend jumped on Star Wars when he realised TFA would be bigger than any Marvel film, but now hes able to fully embrace Marvel and trash on Star Wars again.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 02:06 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
So basically he pretend jumped on Star Wars when he realised TFA would be bigger than any Marvel film, but now hes able to fully embrace Marvel and trash on Star Wars again.
Marvel and comics is what brought me here. I love the new Star Wars. Snoke, Last Jedi, etc. It doesn’t compare to the Infinity War. Star Wars is special to me just not the Ot. MCU is superior to Star Wars. Always had better characters and I grew up on it. I never grew up on Star Wars. The ot is not really special to me. Nothing I said is new. You’re just upset MCU is the undisputed king. Long live the king.

Thanos would wreck Star Wars. MCU is better, far more powerful, and better quality. Across the board MCU owns all. That doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy Star Wars, Potter, or lotr but Thanos sits atop the throne of cinematic fictional universes.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 02:23 PM
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

i mean, guys, it's not like Star Wars receives a beating because MCU is better lol

Star Wars gets great money and wins hard at the cinema. It's an insanely successful brand, earning insane loads of $$$, expanding continuously.

It's not an anti-feat for Star Wars that MCU gets better revenue. It's a feat for MCU that it's growing even bigger than a brand as epic as SW.

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post May 16th, 2018 02:35 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The big three are

MCU, Star Wars, and Harry Potter.

I want all of them to continue to succeed to get more content. MCU has always been nostalgic to me as a kid especially Thanos. I knew the first time I laid eyes on the character in Infinity gauntlet issue 2 this was my one true love. I haven’t looked back since.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 02:39 PM
The.D0minator
Restricted

Account Restricted

imagine thinking superheroes are comparable to fcking star wars

Old Post May 16th, 2018 03:10 PM
Click here to Send The.D0minator a Private Message Find more posts by The.D0minator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by The.D0minator
imagine thinking superheroes are comparable to fcking star wars
Well it is a personal preference thing but power wise they’d bend Star Wars over a force them to just take it.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:13 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Infjnity War was def better than either episode 7 or 8.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:46 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

is there a reason people keep acting like star wars produces anywhere near as many movies as marvel?

It's irrelevant if tfa can beat out infinity war. TFA can't beat the assembly line of blockbusters marvel keeps moving along.

Old Post May 17th, 2018 08:54 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Seem optimistic there and other material is fine, I'm just talking movies as so far the ST is....somewhere, disconnected with plot points set up in TFA, only to be discarded or ignored in TLJ.

Rogue One was ok.

Solo looks.....eh?

The ST was set up to repeat the OT. It doesn't matter how much narrative potential the sw universe has if you're gonna retell the same story.

Old Post May 17th, 2018 08:56 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
is there a reason people keep acting like star wars produces anywhere near as many movies as marvel?

It's irrelevant if tfa can beat out infinity war. TFA can't beat the assembly line of blockbusters marvel keeps moving along.

Good point.

But BP beating TLJ, and IW coming even close to TFA just shows the MCU can be as popular as well.

Old Post May 18th, 2018 07:31 PM