KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Who is a better strategist ? lex luthor vs Thanos

Who is a better strategist ? lex luthor vs Thanos
Started by: Single-Cell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
It depends, in Thanos's case it is a failure.

His plan was to get the IG and kill half the universe, which is exactly what he did. that is the complete opposite of a failure.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 12:09 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Silent Master
His plan was to get the IG and kill half the universe, which is exactly what he did. that is the complete opposite of a failure.

And when that half is inevitably revived it is a failure.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 12:18 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

And when that half is inevitably revived it is a failure.

No it's not. his plan worked.

If I plan to build a car and then build it. then at some point later someone comes along and takes it apart. that doesn't mean I never built the car.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 12:23 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Silent Master
No it's not. his plan worked.

If I plan to build a car and then build it. then at some point later someone comes along and takes it apart. that doesn't mean I never built the car.

False analogy. His plan wasn't merely to kill half the universe but to kill half the universe in order "save it". With the half of the universe being revived his plan to save the universe falls apart.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 12:34 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

No, his plan to kill half the universe worked. people being able to reverse it later doesn't mean his plan failed.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 12:43 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
It is a SUCCESS because it is a Fun Popcorn Movie. Vast Majority of Viewers are NO WHERE near as invested as Psychotic Fanboys like YOU!
I am the biggest fan of Thanos alive. You’re not a fan of anyone.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 01:00 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thanos has failed multiple times as well. And his “win” in IW is only temporary. Seems a silly way to decide which is the better strategist based on that.
By your own logic Luthor only had a temporary victory since Superman returned in a later film. Thanos imposing his will on an entire universe is unprecedented.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 01:03 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Luthor failed as well.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 01:04 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Luthor failed as well.
Luthor failed because he ended up in jail. Thanos achieved everything he set out to do. He beat the heroes who tried to prevent him from acquiring the stones. Thanos won. Luthor didn’t.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 01:09 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by quanchi112
I am the biggest fan of Thanos alive. You’re not a fan of anyone.

Yeah. I am SURE You are Skippy.

By your own logic Luthor only had a temporary victory since Superman returned in a later film. Thanos imposing his will on an entire universe is unprecedented.

Do you think Thanos's "Victory" will be "Permenant" after AVg:InfWar2?

Old Post May 16th, 2018 03:40 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Yeah. I am SURE You are Skippy.

Do you think Thanos's "Victory" will be "Permenant" after AVg:InfWar2?
I am.

I think Thanos achieved his goal and won at the end of the film. Thanos is the biggest cinematic villain of all time. This film is killing it across the globe. MCU reigns supreme.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 03:42 AM
Flyattractor

I am.

I think Thanos achieved his goal and won at the end of the film. Thanos is the biggest cinematic villain of all time. This film is killing it across the globe. MCU reigns supreme.

So you THINK that The Events in this movie will be PERMANENT in the MCU AFTER the next AVG Movie?

They won't be Undone or anything?

Old Post May 16th, 2018 03:46 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

So you THINK that The Events in this movie will be PERMANENT in the MCU AFTER the next AVG Movie?

They won't be Undone or anything?
I think he won in the first film. You’re talking about the next film.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 03:59 AM
Flyattractor

So the Next Movie won't be connected to this movie in any way then?

The MCU is going on Full DC Style Reboot?

This wasn't Part 1 of a 2 part story?

Is that what you are saying?

Old Post May 16th, 2018 04:00 AM
quanchi112
Disney

So the Next Movie won't be connected to this movie in any way then?

The MCU is going on Full DC Style Reboot?

This wasn't Part 1 of a 2 part story?

Is that what you are saying?
I bet there will be other deaths in the next film you loser. You seem upset Thanos is better than Luthor who lost in one film.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 04:09 AM
Flyattractor

I bet there will be other deaths in the next film you loser. You seem upset Thanos is better than Luthor who lost in one film.

Probably will be, but you don't think like in the Org Inf Gauntlet story that this movie is very poorly based on, all of these "Deaths" wont be UNDONE in someway?

And like I have stated. I just saw this movie and I really didn't see Thanos Stratergieze all that much. He just kind of wandred around and picked up the stones.

With lots of Melodramatic Cheese thrown in.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 04:11 AM
Silent Master

Even if the heroes end up undoing 100% of his actions later. Thanos' actions are still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Luthor's.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 04:13 AM
Flyattractor

In the movies (well the last 2 movies) sure.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 04:15 AM
Silent Master

Well, This is the movie forum and the thread is about movie characters.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 04:18 AM
Flyattractor

But there was already plenty of proof that WB and Zack Snyder are FLAMING MORONS!

Old Post May 16th, 2018 04:21 AM