KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Pick your favorite film franchise and tell us why

Pick your favorite film franchise and tell us why
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Pick your favorite film franchise and tell us why

Just the one franchise you’d favor in terms of cinema over all the rest. Let’s see if you pansies have the nuts to weigh in on this very important topic. I’m sure most of you will avoid the thread because you’re weak.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 01:49 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Friday The 13th. I love that franchise.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 03:00 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

MCU. The crossover of characters and stories and the consistency Marvel has done it with through 10 years is unparalleled.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post May 16th, 2018 03:46 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

^^agreed. most franchises will run for maybe 4 or 5 years before relaunching and using the nostalgic force for traction but marvel's been consistent for damn 10 years! no time off and is still at high quality.

but besides marvel, its very likely star war then possibly harry potter.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 05:14 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Star Wars
2. MCU
3. Harry Potter
4. Lord of the Rings
5. Pirates of the Caribbean
6. Matrix
7. James Bond
8. X-Men
9. Indiana Jones
10. Burton's Batman

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Last edited by JKBart on May 16th, 2018 at 02:43 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2018 02:40 PM
JKBart is currently offline Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Well done. A top ten list. Did you forget the Matrix ? Or don’t you care for Neo.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 02:42 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah right, edited, forgot it's an entire franchise not just a trilogy

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post May 16th, 2018 02:43 PM
JKBart is currently offline Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

This would be tough for me to definitively make a top ten. I’d have a few horror franchises make my list.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 02:45 PM
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah, making top 10s is always challenging smile

Old Post May 16th, 2018 02:48 PM
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Star Wars with MCU 2nd.

I enjoy the overall epic feeling of watching a Star Wars movie more. Thats how I would explain it. Feels like an event each time.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 03:17 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Star Wars
Star Trek
LoTR
Bond
MCU

Probably my top 5 in no particular order

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 16th, 2018 04:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

The DCEU because I hate myself

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 16th, 2018 04:37 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
The DCEU because I hate myself

At least say the DC Animated franchise, there's some solid films in there.

On that note, there's hints that Afleck doesn't want out now.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 04:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Didn’t know he wanted out originally

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 16th, 2018 04:53 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

1. Lord of the Rings - Pretty easily. I love Tolkien's works and despite the movies being no where near as good as the books they are great nonetheless.

2. MCU- Don't really need to explain.

3. Star Wars - Used to be my #2 until the MCU became what it is. Stock continually falling thanks to the new Disney films. The OT will always be amazing though.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 16th, 2018 04:57 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
Didn’t know he wanted out originally

Rumors in Nov/Dec 2017 where that he wanted out and the studio wanted to get someone else, reason why he stepped down as director for the solo Batman film (named 'The Batman' for now), where that would be his last role as batman there, handing over the mantel to someone else. Then there were rumors that the upcoming Flashpoint-based film would entirely alter the DCEU timeline via time travel, allowing them to bring in another actor. Lots of rumors.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 05:00 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Bond
Star Wars
Star Trek
DC
MCU
LOTR
Mission Impossible

Old Post May 16th, 2018 05:07 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Star Wars
MCU
Star Trek
original Friday the 13th
original Halloween
LOTR
Matrix
X-Men
in no actual order

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:54 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

LOTR is my number 1. Love those films. Best world building in all of cinema.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:17 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CroftAlice

Resident Evil,it has nothing to do with the games,but I love Alice

Old Post May 17th, 2018 06:50 AM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote