KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Pick your favorite film franchise and tell us why

Pick your favorite film franchise and tell us why
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Quan: "Let's see if you pansies have the nuts to weigh in..."

Quan: "This would be tough for me..."

Old Post May 17th, 2018 07:28 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

1. Planet of the Apes
2. Godzilla
3. Gamera

That's a bit clear cut. Then I'd probably do a mix up of cheese movies (like those with El Santo), good horror franchises (Evil Death, Alien), good epic movies (like Lord of the Rings), good action movies (like Mad Max), Rocky would likely be top 10 and I'd add fun adaptations (like Hellboy) to the mix. Not quite top 10: Terminator, Harry Potter, MCU, Matrix.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 17th, 2018 08:36 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

In no order

Star Wars
LoTR
Bond
MCU
Terminator (Mainly 1 & 2)
Matrix
Godzilla
Predator
Alien

Old Post May 17th, 2018 09:02 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
LOTR is my number 1. Love those films. Best world building in all of cinema.
thumb up

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 17th, 2018 12:42 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Star Wars
Terminators (1&2)
MCU
Star Trek
Back to the Future
Indiana Jones
Pirates of the Caribbean
TDK Trilogy
Reeves Superman (1&2)
Bond

Old Post May 17th, 2018 12:57 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Quan: "Let's see if you pansies have the nuts to weigh in..."

Quan: "This would be tough for me..."
Its easy for the top one but a top ten is something altogether different. Your attempts at trolling leave something left to be desired.

Old Post May 17th, 2018 01:12 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

So many lists and so Little love for Alien and Planet of the Apes erm

Old Post May 17th, 2018 06:32 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

1. MCU - Self explanatory. I'm too much of a Spidey fanboy to not back this 100%.
2. Lord of the Rings - Tolkien world building is top notch.
3. Alien - This was tough. I wanted to include one horror franchise in my top 5, and it was difficult for me to include this over Hellraiser, but it ended up winning since Hellraiser honestly only has two quality films. I do overally prefer the concept of Hellraiser, but that franchise has been killing itself for some time.
4. Nolan Batman Franchise - These and Spiderman 2 have the best storylines and villains in super hero movies to this day. Thanos was great, but I prefered Doc Ock and Joker over him.
5. Matrix - It's a classic I grew up with. I hope they continue it someday.

PWNT

Old Post May 17th, 2018 06:59 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

tie between MCU and Star Wars at the moment id love for DC to get in there also but they have a ways to go

Honorable mentions:

Dark Knight Trilogy
Lord of the Rings
Terminator (1&2)
Jurassic Park

Old Post May 17th, 2018 08:48 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

MCU hands down. The greatest film with the greatest character Thanos of my entire life culminating in something undreamt of years ago. If someone wants to make a top ten thread I’d submit my choices with careful thought.

Old Post May 17th, 2018 08:53 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
1. Lord of the Rings - Pretty easily. I love Tolkien's works and despite the movies being no where near as good as the books they are great nonetheless.

2. MCU- Don't really need to explain.

3. Star Wars - Used to be my #2 until the MCU became what it is. Stock continually falling thanks to the new Disney films. The OT will always be amazing though.

Great top 3.

MCU def for #1. I'd like to add Harry Potter. Love Mission Impossible especially because of last 3 in series. James Bond. Dark Knight.

Old Post May 17th, 2018 08:54 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'd also add Planet of the Apes, Indiana Jones & Evil Dead to my list, I'm sure there's many more to add.

Old Post May 18th, 2018 07:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Kazenji
I'd also add Planet of the Apes, Indiana Jones & Evil Dead to my list, I'm sure there's many more to add.

You just became a friend of mine.

Old Post May 18th, 2018 07:24 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Kazenji
Damn how did I forget about Indiana Jones? That is my #4, great call thumb up

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 18th, 2018 02:23 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

MCU franchise: Just all round awesome fantasy and action. Aside from a very few clunkers (Dr. Strange, IM2, CA), the quality is very high and the overall universe is, naturally engrossing and more-ish.

Paranormal Activity: Not sure if it's an on-going franchise any more, but it was a brilliantly executed series of inter-linked horror films as well as a few sort of stand-alone-but-related films (Tokyo Nights and The Marked Ones).

Lord of The Rings: The original phenomenal fantasy epic. Just immense re-watchability and quality. I make a point of watching the trilogy at least once every couple of years. I think it counts as a franchise, given that The Hobbit movies are basically another dip into the same realm ...

James Bond: Cheesy and even cringe-y originally and very dull during the Pierce Brosnan-era, but reinvigorated with Daniel Craig. Just a brilliant franchise that can overcome changes in cultural tastes, political context and even new, lean and polished rivals (The Bourne Identity).

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post May 18th, 2018 04:52 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ I liked Dr. Strange.

Old Post May 18th, 2018 07:27 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

MCU
Universal Monsters
Hammer Horror
Terminator
Star Wars (pre-disney)
James Bond
Indiana Jones

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post May 18th, 2018 07:39 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Watching Infinity War and the roundtable of MCU directors really pits the grand scope into perspective. This is by far the best cinematic universe ever to me. As a lifelong marvel fan who always looked down on the dc fans I must say this really feels great to know my team kicked the ever living shit out of the other team.

I remember when the dc fans were so excited for Batman v. Superman and acted like the MCU fans were going to be jealous. What happened since has been utterly fantastic and extremely embarrassing for the dc fans. Team dc has admitted they can’t compete with the MCU which is unprecedented for a major film studio to flat out comfirm it. All those desperate Superman fanboys’ tears are so extremely enjoyable. Hell, not even Batman means shit these days. They can’t even get a film going and it’s the Shazam, Aquaman, and WW era right now. At least they learned from their mistakes and quit trying to shove those pitiful characters down audiences throats anymore.

Ps. I won you lost dc fans. Kick rocks.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 07:54 PM
Flyattractor

We really need to rename this thread to something else.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 08:04 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
We really need to rename this thread to something else.
Fly’s tears.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 08:05 PM