KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Thanos w/ his army vs. Asgard

Thanos w/ his army vs. Asgard
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 11 12 [13]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Lol trolling now?

My argument was clear since the start. Thanos touches Asgard and kaboom's it.

Do you disagree?

And Odin is just going to let Thanos walk right in?

Old Post May 20th, 2018 05:02 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Darth Thor
And Odin is just going to let Thanos walk right in?

Yeah, just like he allowed Malekith.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 05:35 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Yeah, just like he allowed Malekith.

The Dark Elves took Asgard by surprise (as evidenced by their stealth ship). In this scenario, Asgard is fully prepared for war.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 05:41 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by FrothByte
The Dark Elves took Asgard by surprise (as evidenced by their stealth ship). In this scenario, Asgard is fully prepared for war.

Well how would they stop Thanos invasion!?

Thanos army is the most powerful in the Universe.

Futhermore, isn't like Odin knows exactly where Thanos is. And as I claimed already Thanos would just have to touch Asgard.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 05:44 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Well how would they stop Thanos invasion!?

Thanos army is the most powerful in the Universe.

Futhermore, isn't like Odin knows exactly where Thanos is. And as I claimed already Thanos would just have to touch Asgard.

Heimdall can see where Thanos is.
Thanos' army has never fought the Asgardians, therefore they can't say that they're the most powerful army. Besides, Thanos is after the Tesseract, obliterating Asgard is not in his best interests.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 06:03 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Heimdall can see where Thanos is.
Thanos' army has never fought the Asgardians, therefore they can't say that they're the most powerful army. Besides, Thanos is after the Tesseract, obliterating Asgard is not in his best interests.

Well at least you brought new argumentation to the table.

Heimidall could see where the fleet is. Not where Thanos is exactly. Isn't like Heimidall has X-Ray vision and can see through walls. Furthermore, Heimidall failed to see Thanos attack to the Asgardian vessel in Infinity War, so his powers are questionable.

Dude, the Kree, who are one of the most powerful empires in the universe, and who clearly know of Asgard feared Thanos. Furthermore, Thanos wiped the Xaandar without issue. Xaandar isn't far behind Asgard in terms of power.

Why not?

Still, Thanos could very well go arround killing one by one with the power stone, ain't anything they could do about it.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 06:20 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Isn't like Heimidall has X-Ray vision and can see through walls.
Again, your ignorance is noted. While on Asgard Hiemdall could not only see anyone anywhere (through walls as well) he could even Link his sight with other Asgardians (at least Thor) from entirely different planets (through space and time, not just walls lol). The only reason Hiemdall failed to see the Dark Elves in time is because they used powerful magic to cloak their ships. Thanos has never shown this cloaking magic. And all he has is the power stone.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 20th, 2018 08:16 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Again, your ignorance is noted. While on Asgard Hiemdall could not only see anyone anywhere (through walls as well) he could even Link his sight with other Asgardians (at least Thor) from entirely different planets (through space and time, not just walls lol). The only reason Hiemdall failed to see the Dark Elves in time is because they used powerful magic to cloak their ships. Thanos has never shown this cloaking magic. And all he has is the power stone.

laughing out loud

I concede. He did saw through walls in Ragnarok to spot Hela coming.

Yet, Heimdall has failed to see stuff several times. Not only concealed ships.

1. He failed to see Jane in the Dark World.

2. He failed to see Thanos' vessle approaching at the end of Thor Ragnarok.

So his vision ain't omnipotent for sure.

Lastly, just because he can see from far distances doesn't translate into seeing everything. He needs to know where to look. Again, Thanos' exact location should remain hidden enough.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 08:26 PM
Silent Master

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb

Very good points.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 08:37 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Well at least you brought new argumentation to the table.

Heimidall could see where the fleet is. Not where Thanos is exactly. Isn't like Heimidall has X-Ray vision and can see through walls. Furthermore, Heimidall failed to see Thanos attack to the Asgardian vessel in Infinity War, so his powers are questionable.

Dude, the Kree, who are one of the most powerful empires in the universe, and who clearly know of Asgard feared Thanos. Furthermore, Thanos wiped the Xaandar without issue. Xaandar isn't far behind Asgard in terms of power.

Why not?

Still, Thanos could very well go arround killing one by one with the power stone, ain't anything they could do about it.

Heimdall could see Thor while Thor was in a building on Sakaar. Seeing through a ship is no issue.

If you watch AoS, you'll know that even an Asgardian farmer was more powerful than a Kree warrior.

Xandar is not Asgard and we don't know how that fight went down.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 08:45 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Heimdall could see Thor while Thor was in a building on Sakaar. Seeing through a ship is no issue.

If you watch AoS, you'll know that even an Asgardian farmer was more powerful than a Kree warrior.

Xandar is not Asgard and we don't know how that fight went down.
'

Retract my words on Heimdall.

Yet as i said, doesn't mean he can see where Thanos is. Heimdall is magical, it would make sense for him to be able to spot any Asgardian. Yet again, he failed to spot Thanos' fleet.

Xaandar was wiped, Thor confirmed that.

The Kree aren't far behind Asgard just like Xaandar, and yet feared Thanos armada.

Sure Asgard would give a hell of a fight, but would fall all the same in the end.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 08:48 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Silent Master
Very good points.

He finally manage to bring something to the table...The kid is learning it appears to me.

laughing out loud

Old Post May 20th, 2018 08:49 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

'

Retract my words on Heimdall.

Yet as i said, doesn't mean he can see where Thanos is. Heimdall is magical, it would make sense for him to be able to spot any Asgardian. Yet again, he failed to spot Thanos' fleet.

Xaandar was wiped, Thor confirmed that.

The Kree aren't far behind Asgard just like Xaandar, and yet feared Thanos armada.

Sure Asgard would give a hell of a fight, but would fall all the same in the end.

Who says he failed to see Thanos' fleet? Maybe he did and just had enough time to warn Thor to evacuate some of their people. Or maybe because Heimdall just wasn't looking. He's not omnipotent after all, he needs to actively look at something to see it.

As for Xandar, yes it was wiped out but we don't know how that happened and Xandar is not Asgard.

Kree warriors aren't as strong as Asgardians. Feats prove this.

Besides, how does Thanos get past Asgard's shield?

Old Post May 20th, 2018 09:03 PM
Silent Master

Who says he failed to see Thanos' fleet? Maybe he did and just had enough time to warn Thor to evacuate some of their people. Or maybe because Heimdall just wasn't looking. He's not omnipotent after all, he needs to actively look at something to see it.

As for Xandar, yes it was wiped out but we don't know how that happened and Xandar is not Asgard.

Plus, considering they just escaped Asgard's destruction, Heimdall might not have been actively looking for enemies.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 09:17 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

He failed. The Asgardians found out about Thanos' attack until they were right under their noses.

Let's say he does find out, how would that change things?

I never said they were. Am saying they are very powerful Empires similar to Asgard, and they all pale in comparisson to Thanos' army.

Well easy, the Power Stone.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 11:22 PM