KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Thanos w/ his army vs. Asgard

Thanos w/ his army vs. Asgard
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

Aye!

Well that would be speculation.

No, we already have proof of them doing it. Therefore, not speculation.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:58 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Robtard
When it comes to pure direct killing power, it stands to reason that the Power Stone is at the forefront.

But really, using the Space Stone, someone of Odin's power/ability could likely just teleport Thanos and much(all?) of his army into a sun

Mere speculation.

We never saw Odin nor Thor using it (Besides that is Thor teleporting).

Furthermore, the Tesseract was on Earth all the time, which means Odin either underestimated it's use/power or just didn't care to have it/use it.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:58 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Using the Space Stone to move through space is literally what the Space Stone's strength is. As you said on page one "it controls space".

Or he never had a use for it, or he just didn't like the color, so many what ifs. What we do know is that Odin has use of the Space Stone here and can use it accordingly.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Mere speculation.

We never saw Odin nor Thor using it (Besides that is Thor teleporting).

Furthermore, the Tesseract was on Earth all the time, which means Odin either underestimated it's use/power or just didn't care to have it/use it.

Dude, you just answered your question. We already saw Thor use it. And now you're saying that maybe Odin can't use it even if we already saw Thor use it?

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:14 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Using the Space Stone to move through space is literally what the Space Stone's strength is. As you said on page one "it controls space".

Or he never had a use for it, or he just didn't like the color, so many what ifs. What we do know is that Odin has use of the Space Stone here and can use it accordingly.

Am saying that Odin being able to use it is mere speculation.

Again, speculation. But i doubt Odin would immediately use it. Thanos would just need for the Power Gem to touch Asgard and kaboom.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:14 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Why wouldn't Odin be able to use it?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:16 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Again, speculation. But i doubt Odin would immediately use it. Thanos would just need for the Power Gem to touch Asgard and kaboom.

So you're saying Thor was able to use it but Odin can't.
It also would be dumb for Thanos to completely obliterate Asgard, since it will make it difficult for him to find the tesseract if he did that.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:19 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Silent Master
Why wouldn't Odin be able to use it?

Does Odin have an Infinity Gauntlet to use it. Also, we haven't seen any Asgardian device to manipulate the stone.

(Besides the two person teleporter used by Thor)

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:19 PM
Silent Master

Since when do you need the IG to use a single stone?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:20 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

No, it's not. Thor used it to transport himself and Loki back to Asgard. Odin is vastly more powerful than Thor.

Ronan used the Power Stone which you're claiming is the hardest stone to use. Are you saying Odin couldn't use that one either, despite an inferior to Odin using it?

Why wouldn't Odin use a device that would save all his people? Via Heimdall Odin would know Thanos and his army are coming before they got there.

Last edited by Robtard on May 16th, 2018 at 09:27 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:23 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Silent Master
Since when do you need the IG to use a single stone?

To use it to will you do. Otherwise, you can just partially manipulate space (create portals as seen in Avengers).

And, again, mere speculation.

What we know for sure is that Thanos can use the Power Stone without a problem.

Thanos wins.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:23 PM
Silent Master

Where is that stated?

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:25 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

To use it to will you do. Otherwise, you can just partially manipulate space (create portals as seen in Avengers).

And, again, mere speculation.

What we know for sure is that Thanos can use the Power Stone without a problem.

Thanos wins.

The Space Stone is contained in a "device", it's called the Tesseract, the glowing blue cube surrounding it. If that's your angle now.

Personally, Odin should be powerful enough to use the Space Stone in it's natural form, but it comes in a package, it's what Thor used.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:25 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

The Space Stone is contained in a "device", it's called the Tesseract, the glowing blue cube surrounding it. If that's your angle now.

Personally, Odin should be powerful enough to use the Space Stone in it's natural form, but it comes in a package, it's what Thor used.

Speculation. And it should, but sadly MCU never exploited Odin's powers and abilities.

Again, fact is we know Thanos can freely/effortlessly use the Power Stone, whilst we don't know if Odin can use the Space Stone for sure.

Thanos wins.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:31 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Again, the Space Stone having control over space is not speculation. We've seen it used as such. Just as you stated that the 'Power Stone has control over all power in the universe', then the Space Stone has control over all space.

We do know Odin can use the Space Stone, because weaker beings than him have used it.

Last edited by Robtard on May 16th, 2018 at 09:39 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:36 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Speculation. And it should, but sadly MCU never exploited Odin's powers and abilities.

Again, fact is we know Thanos can freely/effortlessly use the Power Stone, whilst we don't know if Odin can use the Space Stone for sure.

Thanos wins.

You're reaching. Fact is Thor used the tesseract which means Odin should be able to use the tesseract. Now if you want to debate that the power stone is more powerful than the space stone then that's a different conversation, but simply trying to insist that Odin can't use the tesseract is plain stupidity.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:37 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by FrothByte
You're reaching. Fact is Thor used the tesseract which means Odin should be able to use the tesseract. Now if you want to debate that the power stone is more powerful than the space stone then that's a different conversation, but simply trying to insist that Odin can't use the tesseract is plain stupidity.

Claiming Odin lacks the power to use the Tesseract is pure desperation-debating.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:38 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Your ignorance once again has been noted.
As if you saying that has ANY bearing at all. No one takes you seriously...mostly because you're wrong 90% of the time.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:41 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
As if you saying that has ANY bearing at all. No one takes you seriously...mostly because you're wrong 90% of the time.

laughing out loud

Please show me where is Hela stated in the OP's description of the thread, ignorant boy.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:44 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Again, the Space Stone having control over space is not speculation. We've seen it used as such. Just as you stated that the 'Power Stone has control over all power in the universe', then the Space Stone has control over all space.

We do know Odin can use the Space Stone, because weaker beings than him have used it.

With apparatus, not barehandidly.

If you can bring evidence that Odin can manipulate the Space Stone bring it. Otherwise, Thanos is winning this badly.

Claiming Odin lacks the power to use the Tesseract is pure desperation-debating.

Claiming he can is either ignorance or stupidity. You are giving attributes to Odin he hasn't portrayed!

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:46 PM