KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What Jordan Peterson says

What Jordan Peterson says
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Too funny:

Jordan Peterson calmly dismantles feminism infront of two feminists

This will be a great thread for posting JP videos. And the title of the thread need not even be changed. Love it.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 11:37 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Legally speaking, monogamy is already enforced.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 01:09 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
Honestly, enforcing monogamy is stupid, yeah.

Originally posted by Surtur
It's not an example of patriarchy for both men and women to be forced to be faithful. It would be a bad idea, but it's not patriarchy.

ESB already correctly pointed out that the meaning of that statement is socially and culturally enforced monogamy, not government compelled monogamy.

If you remember the deceptively cut vice interview the leftists tried to use to smear him, in the full interview he referred to workplace rules regulating things like hugging and flirtation as authoritarian. Then when he proposed that people shouldn't have sex until at least the fourth date, the interviewer was like "isn't that authoritarian and Maoist" and Jordan Peterson responded with "the difference is I'm not saying there should be people forcing them to do this, I'm saying it's a better idea" or something along those lines.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 19th, 2018 03:23 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
ESB already correctly pointed out that the meaning of that statement is socially and culturally enforced monogamy, not government compelled monogamy.

If you remember the deceptively cut vice interview the leftists tried to use to smear him, in the full interview he referred to workplace rules regulating things like hugging and flirtation as authoritarian. Then when he proposed that people shouldn't have sex until at least the fourth date, the interviewer was like "isn't that authoritarian and Maoist" and Jordan Peterson responded with "the difference is I'm not saying there should be people forcing them to do this, I'm saying it's a better idea" or something along those lines.

Speaking of deceptive editing with JP, watch this if you have time, NBC does it too:

Last edited by Surtur on May 19th, 2018 at 03:56 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2018 03:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Oh yeah I watched that lol. Anyone who calls Peterson alt-right is seriously misinformed, delusional, or lying.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post May 19th, 2018 05:08 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post May 19th, 2018 06:39 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Anyone to the right of Bernie Sanders is the alt-right nowadays

Old Post May 19th, 2018 07:01 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Great thread Rocky, love it!! Cuz JP has a lot he says that folk should hear:

And don't you worry bro, more videos will be coming.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 07:21 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

[B]ESB already correctly pointed out that the meaning of that statement is socially and culturally enforced monogamy, not government compelled monogamy.

No he didn't, he posed a link which literally contradicts his claim. Would it kill you to read discussions rather than cherrypick the parts you like?

Old Post May 19th, 2018 07:32 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
No he didn't, he posed a link which literally contradicts his claim. Would it kill you to read discussions rather than cherrypick the parts you like?

Post the part that contradicts him.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 07:33 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

You'll be waiting for a while

Old Post May 19th, 2018 07:35 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Rockydonovang

Would you like to consider the reference to a more clear statement Jordan Peterson made about not being a proponent for authority regulating monogamous sexual standards? Or just ignore that part and hone in on a quote that sounds damning because it suits you?

Old Post May 19th, 2018 07:38 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote:
Good job at reading the link I provided you. You're defining enforced and NOT enforced monogamy. So, I'll try this again:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3260845/

Read it this time and maybe you'll actually understand the anthropological concept of enforced monogamy.

Alright DMB, tell me, what am I ignoring here. I'm not obliged to consider evidence you or the dude you're defending failed to provide me.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on May 19th, 2018 at 10:31 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2018 10:27 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post May 19th, 2018 10:34 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Nothing. That's the problem. The article is a detailed account on monogamy and polygamy and its history and what happens when monogamy is promoted and what changes when it's not

Old Post May 19th, 2018 10:53 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Well, now that you've confirmed you don't actually read people's responses, i'll repeat myself esb. In what you linked me to, "enforced marriage", came up once:

quote:
monogamous marriage is both normative and legally enforced

As it stands, you've provided literally no evidence peterson is using "enforced" in a different way then the dictionary says we should use it.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 10:59 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

A retarded argument to make as no one is "forcing you" to not flirt or hug. Individual companies have their ideas of what comprises as sexual harassment and you agree to abide by those rules when you agree to be employed by them. If you don't like your company's policy on sexual harassment you're free to leave at any time and seek employment elsewhere.

It's always amusing how quickly conservatives drop the "muh free market muh invisible hand mofuka a business should be free to run itself" narrative when it doesn't suit their interests. I guess businesses should only moderate their own employees at their own discretion when said employees are god fearing white men who aren't demanding better pay and benefits, eh?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on May 19th, 2018 at 11:11 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2018 11:02 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Legally speaking, monogamy is already enforced.

Peterson isn't talking about a legal sense but having society and culture promote it as a positive good. Instead of a hook up culture that is dominated in music, film, and television.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 11:10 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Tzeentch
A retarded argument to make as no one is "forcing you" to not flirt or hug. Individual companies have their ideas of what comprises as sexual harassment and you agree to abide by those rules when you agree to be employed by them. If you don't like your company's policy on sexual harassment you're free to leave at any time and seek employment elsewhere.

It's always amusing how quickly conservatives drop the "muh free market a business should be free to run itself" narrative when it doesn't suit them. I guess businesses should only moderate their own employees at their own discretion when said employees are god fearing white men who aren't demanding better pay and benefits, eh?

I think you missed his point.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 11:11 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

And ESB, has yet to provide any evidence of "enforced" being used differently. But that won't stop him from repeating this claim, or dmb from accusing those who ask for evidence of ignoring evidence that hasn't been presented.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 11:13 PM