KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What Jordan Peterson says

What Jordan Peterson says
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ESB -1138
I think you missed his point.
Feel free to clarify.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 19th, 2018 11:26 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Feel free to clarify.

He was mentioning an interview that Peterson gave and was merely given an explanation of what transpired during. He was just explaining the Vice interview. The interview is interesting and you should go listen to it as DMB didn't explain it well. The full interview even opens up with Peterson asking the question if men and women can work together.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 11:41 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

But the point DMB was making was that outlets have tried to misrepresent what Dr. Peterson has said a few times already

Old Post May 19th, 2018 11:46 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

“You’re laughing about them,” he says, giving me a disappointed look. “That’s because you’re female.”

It is interesting that the pussy who is always first to (usually mis) label something someone says an ad hominem is ignoring Jordan Peterson actually making one, while also making a strawman.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 01:10 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by NemeBro
“You’re laughing about them,” he says, giving me a disappointed look. “That’s because you’re female.”

It is interesting that the pussy who is always first to (usually mis) label something someone says an ad hominem is ignoring Jordan Peterson actually making one, while also making a strawman.

You left out some context:

quote:
“Half the men fail,” he says, meaning that they don’t procreate. “And no one cares about the men who fail.”
I laugh, because it is absurd.

He isn't attacking her but pointing out that females don't have this type of problem at all.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 01:18 AM
Flyattractor

He isn't attacking her but pointing out that females don't have this type of problem at all.

If you disagree with a Feminist on anything. You are ATTACKING Her.

That is SJW Logic.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 01:23 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I left out nothing.

He says she's laughing about them (when she was laughing about this kooky old phuck saying women should be socially ostracized if they aren't monogamous or, more accurately, if they don't date incel losers), and then says that she's doing it because she's a woman.

A classic ad hominem, my stupid friend. Now go ahead and claim I ad hominemed you. Use the phrase wrong against you stupid shit-eating retard.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 02:19 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Holy shit, does Rocky actually think Jordan Peterson is saying there's literal witches and dragons running around in the world? Or that he thinks the state should compel people to **** other people?
Can you read?

"Mr. Peterson illustrates his arguments with copious references to ancient myths — bringing up stories of witches, biblical allegories and ancient traditions. I ask why these old stories should guide us today."

How can you defend this garbage? laughing out loud

Old Post May 20th, 2018 02:20 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Wow, Stefan Molyneux does an awesome job going through the article. Right from the beginning, he points out how the New York Times "forgot" to address him as Dr. Jordan Peterson in the article's title:

Old Post May 20th, 2018 03:53 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

After the debate there was a 6% shift from Pro to Con.

I wasn't particularly impressed with Peterson here, his points came off a little flat Personally, I attribute the shift of opinions to Fry due to how well he delivered his points.

Last edited by Nibedicus on May 20th, 2018 at 10:01 AM

Old Post May 20th, 2018 09:59 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

"That's because you're female"

el oh el

Old Post May 20th, 2018 10:58 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Surprised the munk debate isn't at least discussed here. stick out tongue

I mean it wasn't an altogether good debate per se. Ad hominems abound, dancing around the topic and one side appears to have been outclassed by the other (IMO).

But still, a debate forum discussing a debate about an issue that is clearly important here (PC culture) being as the forum is highly polarized.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 06:28 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Surprised the munk debate isn't at least discussed here. stick out tongue

I mean it wasn't an altogether good debate per se. Ad hominems abound, dancing around the topic and one side appears to have been outclassed by the other (IMO).

But still, a debate forum discussing a debate about an issue that is clearly important here (PC culture) being as the forum is highly polarized.

Which side is outclassed?!

Old Post May 20th, 2018 06:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Surtur
Which side is outclassed?!

Did you watch it?

Old Post May 20th, 2018 06:59 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'd imagine the side that resorted to calling Peterson a "mean mad white man" was the outclassed one

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 20th, 2018 07:03 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol yes that hilarious. Imagine if he called him a mean black man.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 07:05 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Surtur
Lol yes that hilarious. Imagine if he called him a mean black man.

That would have been irrelevant.

The point that Dyson had to resort to something like that showed that he was already losing.

Will say that I was disappointed in JP's performance, tho. Maybe I expected more? He was clearly trying to make his point against collectivism but I think he dwelled too long onoverclarifying/overdetailing what his point was and had almost zero charisma in doing so. Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe it was just the quality of his opponents was he just being too careful about being mischaracterized? Maybe he is not used to having such limited time to state the nuances of his points, he's not used to time limited debates like this (I doubt that)?

Last edited by Nibedicus on May 20th, 2018 at 07:14 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2018 07:11 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Nibedicus
That would have been irrelevant.

The point that Dyson had to resort to something like that showed that he was already losing.

Will say that I was disappointed in JP's performance, tho. Maybe I expected more? He was clearly trying to make his point against collectivism but I think he dwelled too long onoverclarifying/overdetailing what his point was and had almost zero charisma in doing so. Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe it was just the quality of his opponents was he just being too careful about being mischaracterized? Maybe he is not used to having such limited time to state the nuances of his points, he's not used to time limited debates like this (I doubt that)?

Someone else suggested he got too emotionally charged and thrown off point by their character attacks.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 20th, 2018 07:18 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Someone else suggested he got too emotionally charged and thrown off point by their character attacks.

That would make that doubly disappointing as he should have been prepared for this IMO or at least just shrugged it off. Or if it was me, I would have laughed it off and point out that such behavior reinforced my point rather than be "appalled" by it. Idunno. Poor performance, IMO.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 07:27 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I watched most of the debate last night. I agree, I think Fry had the best showing. I think Michelle Goldberg had a decent showing as well. I think Peterson and Dyson weren't very effective. Though they're both cut from the same cloth - two people who obviously love to hear themselves speak, often to their own detriment - the more they speak, the less effective and more muddied and less concise their arguments become.

But this is Peterson's MO for the most part, he's a very clumsy speaker who in his desire to come off as smart, vomits out a bunch of needless words to try and make his point seem more complex than it actually is - the Witch comment being a perfect example of this. He could have made his point with a few words. Instead he rambled and his point became lost.

Last edited by BackFire on May 20th, 2018 at 08:19 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2018 08:13 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote