KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What Jordan Peterson says

What Jordan Peterson says
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
You were hoodwinked, bro. When you voted and then supported Trump, it was actually 'Leftist nuances' at play. It. Isn't. Your. Fault.

Your trolling games are getting stale. Do better.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 08:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
Your trolling games are getting stale. Do better.

Yells "troll!" cos he can't retort the facts.

Fact: Unless you were mind-controlled and/or coerced in some fashion, as an adult you're solely responsible in both your voting for and supporting Trump. Fact#2: Trump's voters are the ones who got him elected, cos that's how voting works

Now stop being a spineless weasel and take a healthy serving of each of these:

-Personal responsibility or Individual Responsibility is the idea that human beings choose, instigate, or otherwise cause their own actions. A corollary idea is that because we cause our actions, we can be held morally accountable or legally liable.

-Accountability the quality or state of being accountable; especially : an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions. public officials lacking accountability.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on May 21st, 2018 at 09:07 PM

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:04 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by dadudemon
This is not, "Let's all bash Robtard because he's a moron" ploy...

Well that's the most disappointing thing I've ever read.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:05 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fact: Unless you were mind-controlled and/or coerced in some fashion, as an adult you're solely responsible in both your voting for and supporting Trump.

Now stop being a spineless weasel and take a healthy serving of each of these:

-Personal responsibility or Individual Responsibility is the idea that human beings choose, instigate, or otherwise cause their own actions. A corollary idea is that because we cause our actions, we can be held morally accountable or legally liable.

-Accountability the quality or state of being accountable; especially : an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions. public officials lacking accountability.

Indeed, quite stale.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

I don't know the point that Robtard is trying to make.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:17 PM
Playmaker is currently offline Click here to Send Playmaker a Private Message Find more posts by Playmaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Playmaker
I don't know the point that Robtard is trying to make.

What I love is that he is essentially a leftist. And they are convinced that Russia and Comey got people to switch votes or not vote. But the idea that the left contributed to Trumps election is something he won't admit to and it is weird.

Nobody ever said people were mind controlled. But he wants to pretend like the bullshit of the left didn't turn anyone off to voting for Hillary. It doesn't even mean they voted for Trump, they could have just not voted at all, but Trump still benefited from that.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:22 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

when in doubt call your opponent a “leftist” and blame him for your actions sad

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:42 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
What I love is that he is essentially a leftist. And they are convinced that Russia and Comey got people to switch votes or not vote. But the idea that the left contributed to Trumps election is something he won't admit to and it is weird.

Nobody ever said people were mind controlled. But he wants to pretend like the bullshit of the left didn't turn anyone off to voting for Hillary. It doesn't even mean they voted for Trump, they could have just not voted at all, but Trump still benefited from that.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Funny that now that I have posted evidence, ie. Peterson himself saying what he meant, he's gone silent.

I'm sorry that I prioritize school over your forum posts.

I'll respond to your post now.

quote:
DMB finally posts evidence for a claim he expresses incredulity over 5 posts earlier

Now that wasn't so hard, was it? I'll take Peterson's word for it.

quote:
You. Were. Wrong. Peterson was obviously not arguing for the government to control people's sexual behavior or enforce the distribution of women to men as sexual partners. This shitty slanderous argument against him is at it's end.
You mean that "shitty slanderous argument" based on the most obvious interpretation of what Jordan Peterson himself said?

It's nice peterson bothered to provide context for his statement after the fact, but it would be nice if you stopped getting mad at people for peterson's inability to communicate properly the first time.

Also, it's extra pathethic that i had to ask you several times to post this evidence for you to stop flipping out and post a quote. And even worse, you assume that me not responding means I was scared when you yourself regularly don't respond in discussions you start.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on May 21st, 2018 at 09:54 PM

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:45 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I've long felt it was more a case of voter apathy from the Hillary camp. The media kept showing pieces about how Trump will probably lose which then became, 'Trump WILL lose'. Which I do believe led a lot of potential Hillary voters to say, 'Got a lot to do today, might not have time to go and vote, you know what screw it, the television and my echo chamber of a social media account says Hillary will win so she doesn't need my vote'. At the same time these types of comments from the media could only really have galvanized the Trump camp to get out there and queue up for hours to vote for their man.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:45 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

You saying other people strawman is hilarious. This is some decent trolling bro.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:52 PM
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

Originally posted by samhain
I've long felt it was more a case of voter apathy from the Hillary camp. The media kept showing pieces about how Trump will probably lose which then became, 'Trump WILL lose'. Which I do believe led a lot of potential Hillary voters to say, 'Got a lot to do today, might not have time to go and vote, you know what screw it, the television and my echo chamber of a social media account says Hillary will win so she doesn't need my vote'. At the same time these types of comments from the media could only really have galvanized the Trump camp to get out there and queue up for hours to vote for their man.

Going on stats from the election and lead up, Hillary rarely cracked 50% in any poll leading up to the election and would camp around 40% most of the time. Trump won fewer votes in Wisconsin than Mitt Romney did when he ran in 2012. Trump won the state. Romney didn't. Same with Michigan. Trump won the state despite having fewer votes than George W. Bush did in 2004. Bush didn't win the state.

So this post may very well be 100% true. It's not so much as Trump won the election but that Democrats weren't just bothering to show up to the poll. But also, perhaps, many Democrats didn't bother voting because they didn't like Hillary at all and were put off after learning that the DNC rigged the primary against Bernie Sanders.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:53 PM
Playmaker is currently offline Click here to Send Playmaker a Private Message Find more posts by Playmaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Also Hillary was an idiot and didn't campaign in those states at all, assuming she'd win. Will go down in history as one of the great political mistakes of our time.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:55 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by samhain

I think this is a valid point. Though I also feel like some people were turned off by Hillary and the PC bullshit. I think some might have voted for Trump over it, or might have decided not to vote because they didn't feel she deserved it.

Given that it was actually a close race in terms of...there were places Trump did not win by a shitload of votes, I feel it's fair to say the left contributed.

Of course they didn't force anyone. No more than Russia or Jim Comey or wikileaks did.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:56 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Playmaker
Going on stats from the election and lead up, Hillary rarely cracked 50% in any poll leading up to the election and would camp around 40% most of the time. Trump won fewer votes in Wisconsin than Mitt Romney did when he ran in 2012. Trump won the state. Romney didn't. Same with Michigan. Trump won the state despite having fewer votes than George W. Bush did in 2004. Bush didn't win the state.

So this post may very well be 100% true. It's not so much as Trump won the election but that Democrats weren't just bothering to show up to the poll. But also, perhaps, many Democrats didn't bother voting because they didn't like Hillary at all and were put off after learning that the DNC rigged the primary against Bernie Sanders.

I thought so too but it turns out more people voted in the 2016 election than they did for the 2012 election:

quote:
About 139 million Americans, or 60.2 percent of the voting-eligible population, cast a ballot in November’s elections, according to data compiled by the U.S. Elections Project. That compares with 58.6 percent of eligible voters who turned out in 2012, but it’s below the 62.2 percent who turned out to help elect Obama for the first time in 2008.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...016-topped-2012

I read on another site that some key states had mixed numbers (more turned out here and less turned out there, for example).

Old Post May 21st, 2018 11:13 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Peterson did an AMA (Ask me anything) on reddit earlier today. Answered a lot of questions, some of which were interesting.

Figured I'd post it here for those interested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comme...amp;sh=40a2c414

Old Post May 25th, 2018 08:27 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Jordan Peterson, Custodian of the Patriarchy

My favorite part:

Violent attacks are what happens when men do not have partners. Mr. Peterson says, and society needs to work to make sure those men are married.

"He was angry at God because women were rejecting him," Mr. Peterson says of the Toronto killer. "The cure for that is enforced monogamy. That's actually why monogamy emerges."
-snip

laughing out loud How bout no? How about we don't "enforce" monogamy and let people have a right to both their own bodies and sex. How about it's not society's burden to help incels get married so they can finally get laid. What a clownshow; no wonder this guy is the hero of the Male Rights Activist.

Last edited by Robtard on May 25th, 2018 at 08:45 PM

Old Post May 25th, 2018 08:43 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jordan Peterson, Custodian of the Patriarchy

My favorite part:

Violent attacks are what happens when men do not have partners. Mr. Peterson says, and society needs to work to make sure those men are married.

"He was angry at God because women were rejecting him," Mr. Peterson says of the Toronto killer. "The cure for that is enforced monogamy. That's actually why monogamy emerges."
-snip

laughing out loud How bout no? How about we don't "enforce" monogamy and let people have a right to both their own bodies and sex. How about it's not society's burden to help incels get married so they can finally get laid. What a clownshow.; no wonder this guy is the hero of the Male Rights Activist.

You realize the thread was originally about the story you just posted, right?

Go back, have a read. See that article you posted get slapped down, etc.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 08:45 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

No, I didn't, as I didn't come into this thread until later.

Someone saying we need "enforced monogamy" can't be "slapped down", because it's a ridiculous thing to say. No matter how hard the MRAs try.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 08:48 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, I didn't, as I didn't come into this thread until later.

Someone saying we need "enforced monogamy" can't be "slapped down", because it's a ridiculous thing to say. No matter how hard the MRAs try.

Neat!

Old Post May 25th, 2018 08:49 PM