KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Current Wonder Woman Vs Gladiator

Current Wonder Woman Vs Gladiator
Started by: Baziemarc123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Don't be ridiculous. Blob can't do that. Superman has crazier speed feats. Fact.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 02:31 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

How come WW's shattered God feat is all of a sudden light speed and so great when she's put up against characters other than superman?? When it was brought up in a thread involving her against superman, it was lowballed to death by superman fans.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 03:08 AM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JBL
Gladiator unearthed a machine at near light speed and the machine was less than 10 yards away from him.WW nor superman can do that.

Non canon my boy.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 03:29 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by JBL
How come WW's shattered God feat is all of a sudden light speed and so great when she's put up against characters other than superman?? When it was brought up in a thread involving her against superman, it was lowballed to death by superman fans.
I concur.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 03:46 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Future Gladiator is not usable.

His best 'mainstream' feat is a narrator statement of nanosecond movement.

That puts him below Diana.

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
That's gotta be part combat speed no? I mean to target and land a blow on such a small point(Heimdall) at such speeds needs some nuance I would think.
No.

He's literally flying in a straight line and hits him.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 11:26 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

While he's blinking. I was under the impression Gladz made his move while Idris Elba was in the early stages of a blink.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 01:48 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by JBL
Gladiator unearthed a machine at near light speed and the machine was less than 10 yards away from him.WW nor superman can do that.

How fast would you need to be, to overcome a localized time dilation effect where days and nights are passing in moments.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 01:53 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

While he's blinking. I was under the impression Gladz made his move while Idris Elba was in the early stages of a blink.
I really appreciate what you did there

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 01:55 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by JBL

I brought it up because let's face it, only one person here is an authority on both combatants.

And that's Carver.

He was talking up WWs speed feats - both reflex AND travel speed.

He's also a known Glads fan.

So unlike you, or me, or Phildo, or anyone else, he truly is impartial.

And HE has brought it up before many a time. Seems to have driven him away now though....

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 01:56 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

The narration says that one must be fast enough to cross galaxies in the time it takes Heimdall to blink, yes. Which is quite the impressive flight speed feat for Gladiator.

But that has no connection to actual combat speed. If you want to argue that Gladiator can bullrush Wonder Woman, though, certainly. You'd lose that, too, given the god-parts were coming from corners of the Universe and she blocked multiple ones, but at least it's an argument.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 01:58 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

laughing out loud

Nah.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 02:07 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Dunno man. It seemed to imply that he waited for him to blink then attacked(crossing stellar distances). Meaning to say, he was probably stationary or in some form of holding pattern then reacted based on Heimdall's process of blinking. *shrug*
In any case I just always thought hitting someone at insane speeds requires nuance especially if it's a relatively small target from so far away. I'm considering factors like environmental, movement by target even minimal, and timing(placement of blow) right before impact.

The Shattered god feat, I'm of the same mind as Bran. Still highly impressive though.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 03:58 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TGATES

https://www.dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/437458

looks like she will whip Supergirl's ass again. cool

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 05:44 PM
TGATES is currently offline Click here to Send TGATES a Private Message Find more posts by TGATES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Dunno man. It seemed to imply that he waited for him to blink then attacked(crossing stellar distances). Meaning to say, he was probably stationary or in some form of holding pattern then reacted based on Heimdall's process of blinking. *shrug*
In any case I just always thought hitting someone at insane speeds requires nuance especially if it's a relatively small target from so far away. I'm considering factors like environmental, movement by target even minimal, and timing(placement of blow) right before impact.

The Shattered god feat, I'm of the same mind as Bran. Still highly impressive though.

Most definitely.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 05:45 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Even if we take your assumption as true, and Gladiator was standing still before Heimdall blinked, that wouldn't change the fact that it was a bullrush, and all it required was high flight acceleration and velocity. "A blink of an eye" is generally higher, in terms of time, than a human reaction. If, for example, we were standing face to face, and I got the approval of somebody to hit you the moment you blinked, I'd be able to do so, before you finished blinking. And I'm a real world human. Change this, with Gladiator being "GO!" the moment Heimdall blinks [in your scenario], and it's one of the most impressive travel speed feats, but all he has to do is simply fly straight ahead [with his fist extended, if that's your thing]. You keep adding details when it's obvious you can't argue otherwise, when none of them are provable, so don't die on this hill, because it would bore me. You're unable to prove it requires combat speed, nevermind the type to actually matter.

I also agree with Bran that Wonder Woman's feat is one of, if not the best combat speed feat in comics.

Last edited by Philosophía on May 22nd, 2018 at 08:45 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 08:39 PM
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

has Rebirth Wonder Woman even one-shotted a planet yet like Glads?

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 08:42 PM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lol no, nor will she do so in the next 50 years or so i'd wager... heroes don't generally wreck planets. of course glads has never one-shotted a planet to the best of my knowledge either. /shrug

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 08:45 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by Baziemarc123
has Rebirth Wonder Woman even one-shotted a planet yet like Glads?
She hasn't yet gotten her period on-panel, so the chance she goes destroying planets and laughing like a madman are fairly slim at the moment.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 08:46 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

I don't think you could hit someone who you reacted to while they were blinking before they blunked.

That's h1 level of fast.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 08:50 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by One Big Mob
I don't think you could hit someone who you reacted to while they were blinking before they blunked.

That's h1 level of fast.
I'm trying to make him take up the challenge.

It would be close, though.

Also, this feels like a good time to post some Batman badass-ness:

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 08:50 PM