KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batman vs Apocalypse

Batman vs Apocalypse
Started by: basilisk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
basilisk

Batman vs Apocalypse

Apocalypse chooses Gotham as his new base. Landing his gigantic spaceship right on top of Gotham PD and destroying it completely, he erects an impenetrable force field around the city and surrounding area and proclaims it "New Mutantopia" - where the strong will survive and the weak will be purged.

One of the reasons he chose Gotham was that his servants indicated it wasn't infested with superhuman protectors, just some harmless and apparently delusional flatscans with a penchant for running around in bat-themed costumes. Therefore he is not immediately interested in eliminating the Bat Family. Bats has 48 hours before Apoc has settled in and begins the purging of Gotham.

Can Batman take down Apocalypse and save his city?

The scenarios are:
1) Batman has 48 hours to take on Apoc. Standard Batcave resources (no Hellbat) but no Bat Family.

2) Same as 1 but the rest of the Bat Family are there to help.

3) Same as 2, but Batman can also recruit three of Gotham's regular villains to assist.

4) Same as 3, but Batman has some new secret weapons - Gotham and Gotham Girl and Hellbat.

No BFR.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 01:03 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I cant really see Batman winning 1 and 2.
3 and 4, yeah, based on him recruiting Poison Ivy, who going by threads i’ve started, should be able to put Apoc down.

Also, the KMC Batman responses:

1. Gas pellets

2. LOTS of gas pellets.

3. Gas pellets and 3 villains to pick Apoc up and carry him away.

4. Armored gas pellets

Old Post May 20th, 2018 01:44 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Yeah I kinda thought Batman would probably end up swinging in throwing bat gas pellets, freeze pellets etc then bat-kicking Apoc for the win, or something along those lines.

Ivy is probably the best pick since Bat villains generally aren't so powerful, but I'm not sure Ivy would do it. The Gothams probably would though.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 02:26 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Even YOU were expecting the pellets?!? stick out tongue

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:40 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Good thread.

I don’t have a real answer on how Bruce Wayne could/would win, but I have a thought I’d like to share.

We all know that Bruce has plans within plans within plans. In No Man’s Land I believe he mentioned he has 7 backup plans for every plan he has, and 7 backup plans for each of those 7 backup plans.

In Obsidian Age, he had a backup plan for a situation where the JLA disappeared, and with a plan that immediately went into effect when they were sent thousands of years into the past.

And obviously, we know he has plans for (say) the JLA turning evil, or Superman going rogue, or whatnot. Ranging from simple plans, to technological stuff like Brother Eye, etc.

Why am I saying all of this?

Bruce would know what happened to Kandor. How the Kryptonian City was stolen, and miniaturized, by Braniac ...and there’s nothing g Kryptonian technology then, or Superman’s abilities now, could do to change that.

He knows that a superior adversary could come and - using either magic or superscience - take over Gotham.

I don’t know how, but I would bet Batman would have a plan to defend Gotham from an attack from such an adversary. A plan that wouldn’t involve gas pellets.

Unfortunately, since it hasn’t been written yet, I don’t know how he would do it.

But in the same way T’Challa has some file on defending Wakanda from Galactus, Bruce must have a way of defending Gotham from a Braniac-type city thief.

I just don’t know what it would be.

Good thread.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 10:07 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^that was a really good read...thumb up

Old Post May 21st, 2018 10:10 PM