KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » morgoth vs palpatine

morgoth vs palpatine
Started by: snoke123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snoke123

morgoth vs palpatine

morgoth(full power) vs palpatine(full power)

who wins?

Old Post May 21st, 2018 11:12 AM
snoke123 is currently offline Click here to Send snoke123 a Private Message Find more posts by snoke123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

This isn't even a contest, Morgoth takes out the trash.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 11:14 AM
AncientPower is currently offline Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Not sure, depends how you interpret Tolkien.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 11:48 AM
Azronger is currently offline Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Kek.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 12:12 PM
AncientPower is currently offline Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Palpatine tbh.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 12:57 PM
Haschwalth is currently offline Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Morgoth has Valar tier power. Sheev gets spited.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 01:29 PM
ares834

Depends. Full power Morgoth crushes Palps like a gnat. However, end of First Age Morgoth would lose.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 01:41 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Morgoth's higher end is probably better though it is planetary or what have you. The issue is that Tolken is hard to place via the guy above or on par with moutain sized dragons can be outplayed by a fairly normal (in comparison) elf. Fingolfin was kicking the shit out of Morgoth until he grew tired. Dancing around his attacks.

Imagine a politically amped force user with politically amped speed with a sword that can cut through anything. Even if Morgoth was more powerful, Sheev's force powers should be able to protect him from the esoteric powers.

If it was just a wizard off with no sword slashing, then Morgoth would maybe come out on top. Sidious might have zero skill with a saber, but he's way too fast in close quarters combat for Morgoth. I don't recall any great feats for Morgoth in that respect either.

It'd also be interesting to contrast their higher end powers as well.

Last edited by One Big Mob on May 21st, 2018 at 04:15 PM

Old Post May 21st, 2018 04:12 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
Not sure, depends how you interpret Tolkien.
laughing out loud

Old Post May 21st, 2018 04:17 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

High-end Palpatine beats high-end Morgoth, but I think Morgoth at his in-universe peak is more consistently portrayed as high-end than Palpatine is.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 04:40 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud
There's alot of truth there though. Some people put him far above people like Odin simply because of the part he played in creation and him being a "God". Or because he destroyed the sun and moon in a vision. Both things orbit ME iirc.

It's very possible ME is much like the original thought of how our planet was where everything in the skies is pretty much decoration. Even moreso when you consider the time the books were written.

He does have decent feats though, but not to the level some people put him on. I think his best feats put him at mountain range level over an unexplained period of time. The only way his feats really become huge is if you assume ME is much like our universe now, which makes no sense and I don't think there's anything to support that. Planetary is a pretty safe bet in these types of threads at his height.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 04:41 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Morgoth can and has reshapped continents. Addmitedly, that was before Feanor dubbed him "Morgoth" but it's still the same character.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 05:31 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoke123

some things:
1- Morgoth can not die, he definitely can not, for he is a spiritual being, who does not need any physical form.

2- it was he who created the concepts of discord with his thoughts

3- he fought against all 14 valar and was winning

4- according to Tolkien, we are living in the fifth age.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 08:21 PM
snoke123 is currently offline Click here to Send snoke123 a Private Message Find more posts by snoke123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by One Big Mob
There's alot of truth there though. Some people put him far above people like Odin simply because of the part he played in creation and him being a "God". Or because he destroyed the sun and moon in a vision. Both things orbit ME iirc.

It's very possible ME is much like the original thought of how our planet was where everything in the skies is pretty much decoration. Even moreso when you consider the time the books were written.

He does have decent feats though, but not to the level some people put him on. I think his best feats put him at mountain range level over an unexplained period of time. The only way his feats really become huge is if you assume ME is much like our universe now, which makes no sense and I don't think there's anything to support that. Planetary is a pretty safe bet in these types of threads at his height.
Sidious is laughably overrated based off a few feats. From the movies he gets slaughtered by Sauron from the films alone. If it’s the eu these kids are exaggerating it’s the same thing dc fans do which is wank a few feats and try to convince as many numbskulls as possible.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 08:26 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Sidious is laughably overrated based off a few feats. From the movies he gets slaughtered by Sauron from the films alone. If it’s the eu these kids are exaggerating it’s the same thing dc fans do which is wank a few feats and try to convince as many numbskulls as possible.
OK. That has nothing to do with anything though, nor my opinion.

If you want a firsthand of how people interpret Morgoth feats go make a Thanos vs Morgoth thread.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 08:34 PM
quanchi112
Disney

OK. That has nothing to do with anything though, nor my opinion.

If you want a firsthand of how people interpret Morgoth feats go make a Thanos vs Morgoth thread.
Thanos beats the shit out of Morgoth any way he wants to unlike Sidious. The Sidious fanatics know film versions only that Sauron just wrecks him with one swing of his mace.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 08:39 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Thanos beats the shit out of Morgoth any way he wants to unlike Sidious. The Sidious fanatics know film versions only that Sauron just wrecks him with one swing of his mace.
Right. So nothing to do with anything I said.

Good thing Sidious isn't stuck to only the movies like Sauron then in your example. Nor did he get defeated by a powerless human in the movies at full power.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 08:47 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Right. So nothing to do with anything I said.

Good thing Sidious isn't stuck to only the movies like Sauron then in your example. Nor did he get defeated by a powerless human in the movies at full power.
No Sidious was killed by a one armed Vader without a saber and cackled like a ***** all the way down. The guy had a powerfully magical sword and a lucky swipe. Sauron still wasn’t killed unlike Sidious.

Sauron would make Sidious bend the knee. Glad we had this chat.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 08:55 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

No Sidious was killed by a one armed Vader without a saber and cackled like a ***** all the way down. The guy had a powerfully magical sword and a lucky swipe. Sauron still wasn’t killed unlike Sidious.

Sauron would make Sidious bend the knee. Glad we had this chat.
Let's see how fast you change your tune on Sauron. thumb up

Old Post May 21st, 2018 08:58 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Let's see how fast you change your tune on Sauron. thumb up
What opinion will I change? By all means go right ahead.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 08:59 PM